Rick Dennison

bobobonators

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit concerned. I do not see any creativity in the playcalling.

1. I see basically zero misdirection plays.

2. I see a run on 1st down literally 90% of the time.

3. I see very little play action.

4. I see none of the unstoppable option run schemes that made this offense a top 10 offense.

Bad game for everyone today on this offense; most of all horrible play calling and game plan by the OC.

Stop the blame BS. Taylor flat sucks and this is another OF handcuffed by a RB who is playing QB

I'll reserve judgement. We have arguably the weakest WR corp in the league. This is probably by design whether you think the Bills are undertaking a covert tank. If so, Dennison isn't going anywhere.

I'm not sure it's a "covert tank," but the people who say McD and Beane set up Tyrod for failure kind of have a point ... this is not an offensive scheme that is conducive to Tyrod's talent set, nor is this a WR corps that he's likely to succeed with ...

I'm not sure it's a "covert tank," but the people who say McD and Beane set up Tyrod for failure kind of have a point ... this is not an offensive scheme that is conducive to Tyrod's talent set, nor is this a WR corps that he's likely to succeed with ...

There isn't an offensive scheme out there that is conducive to a gimmick type of player masquerading as a QB like Taylor.

Sure he can hit a few long balls from time to time but so could Losman, Manuel, etc.

What you see with Taylor is what you get and that's a guy who likes to run and has happy feet with little to no pressure in the pocket. And the reason he don't have many turnovers is because he doesn't take chances especially in the middle of the field when guys are probably open.

I'll probably post this in a couple of threads tomorrow. But we had no separation at wide receiver we couldn't find the scenes or anywhere on the field to exploit targets. Their defensive backs are not that good but without McCoy doing anything the Panthers were able to flood the filled with coverage and shut us down

I'll probably post this in a couple of threads tomorrow. But we had no separation at wide receiver we couldn't find the scenes or anywhere on the field to exploit targets. Their defensive backs are not that good but without McCoy doing anything the Panthers were able to flood the filled with coverage and shut us down

Exactly. Combined with little time to throw. Combined with conservative playcalling.

Exactly. Combined with little time to throw. Combined with conservative playcalling.

that last play is amazing, if you look on Instagram under Jeb 7364 I had a great video of it right in front of me and missed the catch though

Taylor had a ton of time to throw. The DBS were entirely lost in coverage and we really should have done much more

Edited by Boyst62

If the Bills do end up going big and selecting a franchise QB next year, they really need to develop a good environment for him to come in and learn. Everyone knows a rookie QB's best friend is his OC. Either the HC has history of developing a QB (Mccarthy with Rogers) or its the OC.

Mcdermott prob can't develop a QB and doesn't have the experience, and thats fine. What I don't want is Dennison working with our future franchise QB. This guy is as conservative as they come, he offers no hope for this offense. Denver fans were so excited when they got rid of him, look how well Siemian is playing now.

If we are going to try and develop a QB we need to find the right coach for him.

that last play is amazing, if you look on Instagram under Jeb 7364 I had a great video of it right in front of me and missed the catch though

Taylor had a ton of time to throw. The DBS were entirely lost in coverage and we really should have done much more

That's exactly the reason I think Zay blew the route rather than Tyrod blew the throw. It was an easy throw. The one thing he does well.

Where were you last week after a win? :lol:

waiting until we played an actual quality team and not the Jets.

I don't see him being fired after one season especially since they can blame Taylor and the lack of QB's for why this offense ends up dead last or among the league's worst.

of course he won't. but his ancient version of the west coast offense is dated and way past its prime. Unless we draft a future hof qb he won't last here.

of course he won't. but his ancient version of the west coast offense is dated and way past its prime. Unless we draft a future hof qb he won't last here.

If they had won today you would have been silent. :rolleyes:

Believe I wish we hired somebody else either but it's hard to envision us dumping coordinators until McDermott and Beane start looking for scapegoats, which be until sometime during the 2018 season or after.

Stop the blame BS. Taylor flat sucks and this is another OF handcuffed by a RB who is playing QB

Not many QBs would've been successful out there today with that game plan. Taylor didn't do much, but he was far from the main reason the offense sucked today. The blame goes in this order -

- Dennison - terrible play calling and bad play design, nothing creative and nothing to test Carolina's weaknesses. I knew what they were going to run 90% of the time because it is garbage, below average play calling that telegraphs what they are doing by formation and leaves so little room for error in execution on third down that it takes great platmaking to move the chains. If you are going to commit to keeping a D honest, and be predictable by formation you better utilize play action and bootlegs more than what they did today.

- Offensive line - they got owned at the point of attack against the run and were inconsistent on passing downs. Part of this goes to predictability of the call and formation, but you can own the game if you are still successful when they know it's coming and can't stop it. They did next to nothing to move the LOS or create running lanes.

- Tyrod - he's got to throw past the chains on third down unless it is so wide open that you can throw it short. That's my biggest complaint. Too frequent were passes thrown to short even on earlier downs. So I get the criticism, I do. However, very few QBs would've succeeded in impressing anyone with that game plan, play calling, not so great line play and lack of a run game.

- Beane - personnel really hurt the Bills today and will all season...the lack of RB depth and lack of receiving talent is going to impact the ability to run and pass, especially if the OC isn't going to be creative.

That's exactly the reason I think Zay blew the route rather than Tyrod blew the throw. It was an easy throw. The one thing he does well.

taylor overthrew it. my video didn't catch it, but it was slightly a bit too much out of stride. jones needs more experience but this is partially due to taylor.

of course, i'm old school. if your hands are on it you must catch it.

taylor overthrew it. my video didn't catch it, but it was slightly a bit too much out of stride. jones needs more experience but this is partially due to taylor.

Or...

Jones snapped the route out too flat. At first glance it seemed to be a variation of a smash concept with Jones on the corner. In my opinion, that route should be more vertical, towards the front pylon.

The throw was there. The receiver should break vertically and bend into the throw of the QB towards the sideline, instead the opposite happened.

I cannot say for sure because I am not Rico, but after playing four years of college ball, it jumped out to me that it was the wrong wrote.

Could it have been a better ball? Sure. But we are missing this point. This is not on TT nor Jones. They were not put in a position to mke plays today. 10 yard outs and stretch zone will only get you so far

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

Or...

Jones snapped the route out too flat. At first glance it seemed to be a variation of a smash concept with Jones on the corner. In my opinion, that route should be more vertical, towards the front pylon.

The throw was there. The receiver should break vertically and bend into the throw of the QB towards the sideline, instead the opposite happened.

I cannot say for sure because I am not Rico, but after playing four years of college ball, it jumped out to me that it was the wrong wrote.

Could it have been a better ball? Sure. But we are missing this point. This is not on TT nor Jones. They were not put in a position to mke plays today. 10 yard outs and stretch zone will only get you so far

if thats the way you feel you must blame jones because it hit his hands. bottom line.

If Zay ran the wrong route and was supposed to look in and not out then Taylor did not overthrow it. That is what a lot of people think. Just as many think otherwise. We may never know. But I think it will come out he was expected to just run a post and not out. He's a rookie. I'm not saying he blew the game. But it could easily have been a perfect pass. I don't know either way right now and I don't think anyone here does.