I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

Taylor is what he is at this point. Not good enough. No need to keep running the same race here. Let's see the other guy

you need to give him until the bye. the kid will do no better but if taylor can not lead the offense to wins and they lose the next three, which is possible, then you bench him for the kid. allow him to get his licks and some time at the next level to reassure that he can be what he was drafted for, the back up to the rookie.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many receiving corps would do well with this QB?

When Watkins, and woods were on the field and healthy, TT put up good numbers.

you need to give him until the bye. the kid will do no better but if taylor can not lead the offense to wins and they lose the next three, which is possible, then you bench him for the kid. allow him to get his licks and some time at the next level to reassure that he can be what he was drafted for, the back up to the rookie.

I've already said the rookie in 2018 will be our starter. and that could be fun.

How good?

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/12/07/tyrod-taylors-numbers-withwithout-sammy-watkins-and-robert-woods-are-alarming/

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns he’s tossed in 14 games when his top-two WR’s are not playing together."

Truth

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns he’s tossed in 14 games when his top-two WR’s are not playing together."

I've already said the rookie in 2018 will be our starter. and that could be fun.

he shouldn't start until 2019? I believe he will sit behind the fa they bring in (maybe brees) while being groomed and if peterman can handle the next level he will likely be the back up to the rookie. taylor wont be in a bills uni in 2018.

http://nysportsbiz.com/2016/12/07/tyrod-taylors-numbers-withwithout-sammy-watkins-and-robert-woods-are-alarming/

Do you think we should've resigned Woods?

Over the course of a regular NFL season, Taylor has certainly piled up efficient numbers, but you'd be hard pressed to call them good IMO.

No amount of receiving talent is going to change the fact that he's not a good quarterback.

Taylor is not elite or even good, but with a supporting cast around him he is far from terrible. He is a FA, not a drafted QB with high expectations as a franchise guy. Probably his last year here. Most posters are rational and understand this. The few who say he is terrible, and have an agenda against the guy, need help.An irrational hate for a player-even to root for losses when he plays-there's something wrong. that's all.

You stated numerous times that you couldn't wait for TT to fail to rub it in everyone's face. BBMB members will back this up.

Only because of the way posters attacked and insulted me because of my view of TT as a QB.

There was never any hatred for the person there, and I only accept Bills losses when it helps draft position...I never root for losses.

Edited by Crusher

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 1h1 hour ago

More

Tyrod isn't a perfect QB. He's an average/below average starter. But some fans just trying to bury the dude for anything. That ain't fair.

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 44m44 minutes ago

More

There is nothing new to see. Peterman was blatantly average in the preseason and they clearly don't want to put him out there yet.

There sure is alot of "not fair" going on when talking about Taylor this year.

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns hes tossed in 14 games when his top-two WRs are not playing together."

"Taylor has thrown 21 touchdowns in 12 games when Watkins and Woods are in the lineup. That is more than double the 10 touchdowns hes tossed in 14 games when his top-two WRs are not playing together."

Good send that that to the Rams. Maybe they will send more picks to is for TT.

I started to have serious concerns about Tyrod after last years opener vs. the Ravens where he played much like the game this past Sunday and just couldn't do anything in the passing game. I was officially done with him after the Raiders game in '16, where he couldn't make 1 pass to save his life the entire 2nd half when the team so badly needed him to.

He is not a good enough passer, and his apologists who say to look at his YPA, his running ability and his lack of turnovers I say no thanks. There is a reason the Bills were designed to lead the league in rushing the last 2 years.....it's because they knew they had a QB that can't win in the pocket and can't consistently throw the ball.

He has 31 full games as the Bills starter:

He's thrown for 195 yards or less in 16 games

He's thrown for 300 or more yards once (and that was the OT game vs. MIA last yr.)

That isn't good no matter how you try and slice it.

Now add onto that the fact he has passed for 1 TD or less in 20 of his 31 starts. Not good.