Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as you leave clowns, delusional, CoT, TT lovers, ect, ect, ect out of the post, cool. problem is they don't do that and then wonder why they're being targeted and then cry wolf when called out.

fig, you're a good example of a respectful poster, no doubt. no name calling or pounding your chest like them.

you just post your opinion and move on.

the above post is a perfect example why said poster is given little to no respect and puts ones self on a pedestal trying to be above all while being extremely egotistical.

crushing my opposition?

pure idiocy at it's finest.

That is sad

That is sad

Here I was thinking we were coming to an understanding and meeting in the middle for some decent conversation.

Then you come in and post a blanket inflammatory response like that without any contribution to the topic at hand.

You're just proving crusher right. Bunch of dudes ganging up and completely derailing any momentum.

That is what I find sad.

Edited by likei've

Here I was thinking we were coming to an understanding and meeting in the middle for some decent conversation.

Then you come in and post a blanket inflammatory response like that without any contribution to the topic at hand.

You're just proving crusher right. Bunch of dudes ganging up and completely derailing any momentum.

That is what I find sad.

Hey, was not what was posted sad? I dont start at the end of the thread and read backwards. I start with where I left of and post exactly what I feel is appropriate. If it upset you a tad, toughen up. What 73 quoted was indeed sad, and as is I wont ever meet in the middle with an individual that stated for all to read that he looks forward to crushing someone.

Tyrod is the best option we have, has seemingly improved over the criticisms of last year, and deserves just as much credit as anyone else on the team for the win.

If everyone saying well its just the jets then that same statement needs to be made towards other player's individual performance against the jets.

Its a team sport, teams win.

Taylor has shown improvement THIS PAST GAME over some valud criticisms that he faces prior.

If you or anyone else cant state that passing 7 for 8 over the middle of the field or 29% of your pass attempts over the middle isnt an improvement over last year that would be a lie.

If you or anyone else cant state that Tyrod looked more often than he did last year to pass the ball rather than tuck it and run based of his passing attempts and watching the game well that would be a lie then.

If you or anyone else cant state that Tyrod looked to slide, get out of bounds, and not take a hit comparative to last year well that would be a lie.

If you or anyone else cant state that he didnt try and incolve the TE more than he did last year that would be wrong.

So now that you have my thoughts you would see why I would respond to such a hate fill post with the simple word sad, similarly you could see why I and others would not meet in the middle. If you cant see in this last game that in this game Tyrod improved over oast oerformances well that would be lacking in truth with the sole goal to inflame others.

That is what I find sad.

The truth is that's what they do, and then they look for a scapegoat when they are called out for it. They even resort to comments I made on the defunct BBMB when they were personally attacking me and my opinion there, which I why I lashed out in the first place.

It's cool...i've got it figured out now, and I know better than to play their games, but it still is horrible that we can't have strong opinions that differ without posters resorting to those tactics.

I've always put my reasoning behind my opinion...you can't say I'm trolling when I do that. You can say I'm nuts for thinking that, but lies, insults, and personal attacks should never enter the discussion.

I dont think anyone is being attacked. The Taylor debate over the past 2 seasons has really fascinated me. During the QB battle and Rexs first year it was pretty much universal thought that if Buffalo found even adequate quarterback play Buffalo would be a contender. Buffalo was projected preseason that year to have the worst QB play in the league. What turns out Buffalo found a player in Taylor. He suprisingly become one of the most efficent Qbs in the NFL top 10. Led an offese the was one of if not the most productive since the 90s.

Now instead of looking at the defensive wizard Rex and wondering what happened to a Top 5 defense a large portion of Bills fans picked apart Taylors game instead. A bunch of outliers where created. He cannot carry an offense, he cannot throw over the middle, he cannot throw over 300 yards, He is not clutch, and he cannot run a 2 minute offense.

So last year again he plays similar to his first year. First half of the year Mccoy looks like a differant player and the games were over going into the 4th and the team is using a 5 min offense. About week 10 Buffalo looks about average. The offense is down quite a few players. From that point on Taylor pretty much knocks off every qualifer and something he cannot do he does. The year ends in disaray. Rex fired, they give away the final game of the year. Again the offense is one of the most productice units the team has had in 20 years. Taylor ends the year throwing over 300 yards nearly securing a fairly large comeback in the forth quarter only for the defense to wash it all away.

I do not understand the distain and dislike of Taylor as a Quarterback. He makes 2 or 3 plays a game only a handful of quarterbacks in the history of the game could make. He is not Brady he is not Rodgers. But give him a defense that doesnt give up in the forth quarter and he is every bit as good as russel wilson.

Wow, I'm not crazy!

Beautiful post! I agree with everything.

I'm done conversing, I trust my eyes and knowledge of the game and we just gave this kid a defense. We're instant contenders as long as we stay relatively healthy.

No doubt in my mind. He goes into Oakland and Seattle and wins both games with a defense last year. He's so unique,that team's can't replicate him in practice. He's going to ball out with a defense behind him

The truth is that's what they do, and then they look for a scapegoat when they are called out for it. They even resort to comments I made on the defunct BBMB when they were personally attacking me and my opinion there, which I why I lashed out in the first place.

It's cool...i've got it figured out now, and I know better than to play their games, but it still is horrible that we can't have strong opinions that differ without posters resorting to those tactics.

I've always put my reasoning behind my opinion...you can't say I'm trolling when I do that. You can say I'm nuts for thinking that, but lies, insults, and personal attacks should never enter the discussion.

Works both ways my friend.

You guys attack us when we have strong opinions in favor of Taylor, then things spiral out of control. You're looking for a scapegoat right now.

You're leaving out the context of that whole conversation, but I honestly couldn't care less if you feel that way.

I'm not a victim or pretending to be one. I'd have to care in order for that to be the case, and I really don't.

I do believe TT will end up being another failed QB that never accomplished anything during his tenure, and I will give the posters their own medicine for the way they conducted themselves for myself simply stating what I believed...that's all there is to it.

And if he does work out, then that's great. I'll expect more shots fired my way, but I'll at least be happy we got our QB.

You know dude, when I don't care what someone thinks of me, I generally walk away.

Its very simple. If Taylor plays the way he played sunday and the defense plays the way they did Buffalo wins more than they lose this year. The team isnt built for shoot outs but the offense is able to score points.

Can't argue.

I don't care what Taylor does we are drafting a QB from this fully stocked draft class. This is his 7th season in the NFL, if he plays any better than the projected stats I will eat my shoe.

This is really what the Bills should do: draft a QB next year, regardless of how Taylor does or how Peterman does. If they wind up with three strong QB duking it out, more power to them.

Gives them options to make a blockbuster trade should disaster strike and a team come calling *cough* Vikes *cough*

I'd like a little granularity on what "better than the projected stats" means. I will point out that there are QB who have taken steps after a number of years in the league. Alex Smith was in year 6 (and with plenty of playing ops too) before the 49ers saw good play from him. Bradford showed flashes, but year 6 with the Eagles was the first time he truly looked like the QB he was drafted to be (again, with plenty of playing ops). Steve Young was in year 7 before he really got a chance to play for SF after his drafting team gave up on him. My point here is just to say "7th season in the NFL" is pretty arbitrary when we all know it's the 3rd season he's gotten playing time, and while rare yes some QB have developed in their 3rd or 6th or 7th year in the league.

Prior to this year Tyrod had made 851 pass attempts, this year he's made 28.

I think it's unreasonable to make judgments about his development based on the 28.

I certainly agree that it's premature to decide anything based upon 1 game. 1 game's dismal offense last year didn't define the season, and we only hope 1 game's competent offense this year will prove more predictive.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

There you go playing victim again. I cant speak for everyone, but I couldn't care less about what your opinion is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have always made things personal and have berated others, to put it mildly, for their opinions. Then you have always played victim after people jumped on you for it. Just like you are doing right now. You act like a grade school kid in the bully club that never grew up and the geek just knocked you out. Now you want to run and cry to the principal.

People would have never personally attacked you if you didn't go into threads aggressive like you did in the first place. Now you wonder why it happens here? Because you have a reputation and it follows you and while you have been better here, it still comes out on occasion.

This is your very first sentence in the very first post you had on this thread.... "I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional."

Edited by Scott7975

There you go playing victim again. I cant speak for everyone, but I couldn't care less about what your opinion is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have always made things personal and have berated others, to put it mildly, for their opinions. Then you have always played victim after people jumped on you for it. Just like you are doing right now. You act like a grade school kid in the bully club that never grew up and the geek just knocked you out. Now you want to run and cry to the principal.

People would have never personally attacked you if you didn't go into threads aggressive like you did in the first place. Now you wonder why it happens here? Because you have a reputation and it follows you and while you have been better here, it still comes out on occasion.

This is your very first sentence in the very first post you had on this thread.... "I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional."

Ah, yes...making a point on personal attacks with personal attacks...good stuff.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and you proved it in this very post.

You and the others are hypocrites to the extreme, and you behave even worse when you go back and read my posts vs the others.

Do us all a favor and keep the nonsense to yourself. We've been discussing how posters should discuss without personal attacks and you jump in trying to further provoke.

So once again, I'll take the high road. I've done this in numerous threads because it never stops with you guys unless I put it to rest.

Next time you wanna post to me, be respectful and keep things to the topic at hand.

Ah, yes...making a point on personal attacks with personal attacks...good stuff.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and you proved it in this very post.

You and the others are hypocrites to the extreme, and you behave even worse when you go back and read my posts vs the others.

Do us all a favor and keep the nonsense to yourself. We've been discussing how posters should discuss without personal attacks and you jump in trying to further provoke.

So once again, I'll take the high road. I've done this in numerous threads because it never stops with you guys unless I put it to rest.

Next time you wanna post to me, be respectful and keep things to the topic at hand.

I am respectful to people who are respectful. When you are not, I will call you out. Its really that simple. You came into this thread and your very first sentence was an insult of someone's opinion. Then you act as if you do nothing wrong and people gang up on you.

Don't want insults or to be "ganged up" on then don't come into the thread firing and doing the same to others. Then don't act like your the victim when it happens back.

I will drop this now, but I will call you out every damn time.

And bingo!!!!

You're the first to do it, from what I've seen.

I came here after that atrocious game waiting to make the Tyrod/Watson comparison. This is the first I've read.

The comparisons were happening by others all night/during the game in the Shoutbox before I posted; I cannot take credit.

The comparisons were happening by others all night/during the game in the Shoutbox before I posted; I cannot take credit.

Even if you go straight on running ability, there's no comparison. Except maybe they are both right handed and Afr/Amer.

Even if you go straight on running ability, there's no comparison. Except maybe they are both right handed and Afr/Amer.

Stare down receivers

Protect the ball

Bail on plays too soon

Run well

Lack consistent accuracy with passes

Lack consistent accuracy with passes

Interesting point to check. Let's take the Jets game as an example : Mr. Taylor was 16-28, which included 2-3 drops, 2 passes tipped at the line, and 4 balls thrown away (for which McDermott gave great praise btw). So doing the math, we have 3-4 attempts in which to find Taylor's lack of "consistent accuracy with passes". That description fits with one, maybe two of those. I would point out that every quarterback whiffs on a throw or two a game - even the ones who don't "lack consistent accuracy with passes" - but why bother?

Of course you'll say the Jets game is atypical and you'll be right. Usually Taylor has a much higher completion percentage.......

Edited by grb