Oh Marcell

billsfan_34

And he didn't even really eat space or get doubled all that much, either. Looked like he was singled 2/3 of the time. And notably, on McCown's QB sneak touchdown, that was right over Dareus, who got bulldozed a good 3 yards off the line.

On the other hand, the Jets didn't run the ball at him either. So it's not like he was useless. But he sure as hell didn't play like an elite player you'd expect to be anchoring the line, either.

I think it's reasonable that coming back from an injury had something to do with his snap count.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Fact, no one wanted the Bills to re-sign Dareus when he was an all pro who was on a similar sack pace as Warren Sapp.

The Kings of Hindsight

I didnt want him re signed because he showed no signs of commitment long term to do the right thing. I thought it was irresponsible without truly making him earn it. I dont care if he isnt a poster boy, but tone it down a tone and act like the average ball player.

I didnt want him re signed because he showed no signs of commitment long term to do the right thing. I thought it was irresponsible without truly making him earn it. I dont care if he isnt a poster boy, but tone it down a tone and act like the average ball player.

I'd love to see a post of you saying that after he looked like one of the best DTs in the NFL in 2014.

Who is no one? From an old thread?

I was JK. The great thing about being a poster or media member is you can constantly change your opinion on things.

Dareus had/ has HOF potential.

Well unfortunately I wasnt a member of this board and was on a deployment with no internet access so that isnt going to happen.

Thank you for your service. But the vast majority of Bills fans would have rioted if they let him walk in FA.

I'll actually be patient on this issue.

It seems McDermott is kicking him in the pants and he has NEVER had that here in Buffalo.

McDermott is being patient too, but he will give Dareus the season to shape up. If not, the Bills can withstand the cap hit in 2018, not 2017.

Smart move by McDermott.

Your perspective is pretty spot on - thanks for your service. I served in the Marines for 21 years and my last 6-7 years I was in the executive/command side of things so I got to learn how everything tied together. My statement about thumpin their war chest was merely me pointing out that its funny to me how people act so tough behind a keyboard and the majority most likely havent done anything very strenuous in life. Anyways, this thread is really about Marcell- I hope he starts to play at a high level- my original obs was he wasnt where he should be. Hey, its just 1 game and a long season- cheerz!

No problem, thank you for your service as well! I wish that I did 20+ years, but life had a different path for me. Dareus will have his moments to shine this season, but last game he was asked to be a wall rather than a rusher. More like a decoy on the front to allow Kyle and others to make plays. I'm sure he will have a similar role next week as well.