Rapoport: It's a Make or Break Year for Marcell Dareus

26CornerBlitz

Dareus being the new whipping boy is hilarious. I might agree that he isn't always the dominant player his contract numbers need him to be but he is a good effective player when he is out there. I think it is also so knee jerk to claim that he is terrible and unmotivated when he played a part in a great effort by the defense. The Jets couldn't run the ball at all, the Jets QB didn't have a clean pocket to work with consistently, and the Jets couldn't do much else on most of their drives.

It's also one game, can we get a bigger sample size before people pile on a player?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their job is to win games, not keeping the overpaid child engaged.

If they want to beat good teams they are going to need their best players on the field and locked in. Their job is to win games, wow.

They are using him like a two down run stuffing DT. He is all but out of here already. While paying him they should try to salvage some production.

That's a tough sell. The teams highest paid player is on the field for about half of the defensive snaps and not playing on 3rd down.

With a guy like MD I'm not sure that's a good approach to keep/get him engaged.

I agree with the philosophy of rotating D-linemen, but if you are paying a guy $100M he better be on the field on 3rd downs.

If they want to beat good teams they are going to need their best players on the field and locked in. Their job is to win games, wow.

They are using him like a two down run stuffing DT. He is all but out of here already. While paying him they should try to salvage some production.

That's because that's exactly what Dareus is now. He's not good enough to play as many snaps as KWilliams and Hughes.

That's because that's exactly what Dareus is now. He's not good enough to play as many snaps as KWilliams and Hughes.

Jerry Hughes was nonexistent, not that you'd let that get in the way of a good anti-Dareus take.

Edited by stony

...prolly a dumb question (known for them), but what EXACTLY is Dareus' motivation or impetus to perform as paid?.......personal pride?.....avoid teammates' wrath?.....McD's doghouse?.....doesn't HE hold all of the cards until the end of 2018 or perhaps June 1, 2019 declared cuts for mitigated cap hit?....seems to me he's driving the "luxury money bus"......

I thought Dareus handled that interview very well.

Those reporters were doing their damnedest to try and get him to say something controversial.

They were harping and harping on the whole snap count thing and trying to get Dareus to say how he was mad/frustrated or complain about McDermott's defense, or anything else that would fit the narrative of the story they were obviously trying to write.

But he didn't give them anything. He sounded like a guy who was buying in to what McDermott is trying to do. Whether he truly is or not I don't know but he delivered McDermott's message very well IMO.

That's one thing I've noticed from just about every player I see interviewed - they all sound a lot like McDermott.

They are all repeating a lot of the same phrases that you hear McDermott say. It gives me hope that this team really is all on the same page and buying in to what this new regime is trying to accomplish.