Tank is Half Full

This board is basically divided into two camps of tanking and not tanking, while each side offers up evidence for their view. Stating we've traded Watkins and Darby and other players and the other side saying but we kept TT, McCoy and Kyle.

However I believe what the Bills are doing is a partial tank that will allow for a poor record but not leave the team totally bereft of talent. They have left strong units intact or brought in veterans and draft picks to rebuild them. Such as the D-line, O-line, RB and Secondary.

The weak units are QB,WR and LB.

By doing this they can achieve a Franchise QB and other high picks to rebuild the bad units and making a faster transition to competitiveness as the team still has high quality groups to work with.

I think they honestly are trying to establish a culture here, It's about the team first approach. Much like what the Patriots do. Next year when we bring in all the draft picks, They will have their plan established. They are not throwing this year away. I think we are going to be better than most people think. We needed a change in this organization, I feel much better about the future now then I did a few months ago.

I do think they're still competitive. I don't see the team as being much worse than before all the trading. I can see anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6.

I don't think the lack of "weapons" is as big a deal as many seem to think.

I think you have a lot of vets coming off the books next year or cheaply replaced players who are here now who can be cut. I expect even more turnover next year through free agency and draft.

Everyone seems to think they're tanking for a top 3 pick but I don't think they're gonna be in that ball park. The Billsy thing to do is get the 9th pick lol.

But don't rule out other ideas such as unloading those picks for a Kirk cousins (I know not everyone likes him)

But at least you know what you're paying for unlike college quarterbacks.

You have the chance Peterman is good enough to be a capable starting quarterback in this league and then look at all those picks you have to surround him with pieces.

Could go a million different ways.

But I don't think this is a tank, just a simple gutting for the most part to change the culture. Players pick up bad habits from previous coaches and how they do things. Nothing wrong with training new employees you way of doing things.

This board is basically divided into two camps of tanking and not tanking, while each side offers up evidence for their view. Stating we've traded Watkins and Darby and other players and the other side saying but we kept TT, McCoy and Kyle.

However I believe what the Bills are doing is a partial tank that will allow for a poor record but not leave the team totally bereft of talent. They have left strong units intact or brought in veterans and draft picks to rebuild them. Such as the D-line, O-line, RB and Secondary.

By doing this they can achieve a Franchise QB and other high picks to rebuild the bad units and making a faster transition to competitiveness as the team still has high quality groups to work with.

You think the secondary is strong? I sure hope it is. I know Shareece Wright on the Ravens was pretty scary, maybe he's a better fit here.

I think they honestly are trying to establish a culture here, It's about the team first approach. Much like what the Patriots do. Next year when we bring in all the draft picks, They will have their plan established. They are not throwing this year away. I think we are going to be better than most people think. We needed a change in this organization, I feel much better about the future now then I did a few months ago.

They are rebuilding the culture but they can't tell us they are looking to the future, which is why Beane says we are trying to win now and latter.

I do think they're still competitive. I don't see the team as being much worse than before all the trading. I can see anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6.

I don't think the lack of "weapons" is as big a deal as many seem to think.

I think you have a lot of vets coming off the books next year or cheaply replaced players who are here now who can be cut. I expect even more turnover next year through free agency and draft.

Everyone seems to think they're tanking for a top 3 pick but I don't think they're gonna be in that ball park. The Billsy thing to do is get the 9th pick lol.

But don't rule out other ideas such as unloading those picks for a Kirk cousins (I know not everyone likes him)

But at least you know what you're paying for unlike college quarterbacks.

You have the chance Peterman is good enough to be a capable starting quarterback in this league and then look at all those picks you have to surround him with pieces.

Could go a million different ways.

But I don't think this is a tank, just a simple gutting for the most part to change the culture. Players pick up bad habits from previous coaches and how they do things. Nothing wrong with training new employees you way of doing things.

Trading Watkins and Darby wasn't about culture, it was about picks.

You think the secondary is strong? I sure hope it is. I know Shareece Wright on the Ravens was pretty scary, maybe he's a better fit here.

Porter and Hyde and White are, depth is lacking though.

I want the team to play to win.

If that requires a change in personnel in season so be it.

If the team truly wants to tank play Nate and hope he's JAG.

They will play Tyrod to tank, he's a bad fit for this offense.

I feel good about our future too!

We are not going to be better than people think, however.

Personally, I called the tank when they extended Taylor. Getting rid of him would have been a commitment to getting better this year.

I do believe the Sam/Darby trade was about culture AND picks. Sam didn't want to be here. Sam only wants to play for a team who is poised for the playoffs and one that has a good QB - Buffalo having/being neither. That's just my opinion. In short, I think he was a selfish punk and didn't fit in with what McD is trying to build. That's a good thing, IMO.

I do believe that Beane would like this team to lose a lot of games - hence securing the worst passing game in the league by paying Taylor less money to get that done.

I do not believe this is a 100% tank, as they did keep McCoy, Dareus, etc. But I do classify it as a tank.

They've got a team that is going to play to win - but doesn't have enough talent to beat any teams above .500 (typical Taylor offense fashion).

It's a more sneaky tank than what the Jets are doing, but I think it will be equally as successful.

I hope so, anyway.

The 2018 draft is going to be a fun, fun couple of nights.

Personally, I called the tank when they extended Taylor. Getting rid of him would have been a commitment to getting better this year.

I do believe the Sam/Darby trade was about culture AND picks. Sam didn't want to be here. Sam only wants to play for a team who is poised for the playoffs and one that has a good QB - Buffalo having/being neither. That's just my opinion. In short, I think he was a selfish punk and didn't fit in with what McD is trying to build. That's a good thing, IMO.

I do believe that Beane would like this team to lose a lot of games - hence securing the worst passing game in the league by paying Taylor less money to get that done.

I do not believe this is a 100% tank, as they did keep McCoy, Dareus, etc. But I do classify it as a tank.

They've got a team that is going to play to win - but doesn't have enough talent to beat any teams above .500 (typical Taylor offense fashion).

It's a more sneaky tank than what the Jets are doing, but I think it will be equally as successful.

I hope so, anyway.

The 2018 draft is going to be a fun, fun couple of nights.

Yep, half tank ;)

Agree. I don't think you need a top 3 pick to get a good QB next year. Get rid of players that you don't think for or will be here, accumulate picks, and build from a position that's better than a complete tear down.

It's a rebuild. Not a tank.

Agree. I don't think you need a top 3 pick to get a good QB next year. Get rid of players that you don't think for or will be here, accumulate picks, and build from a position that's better than a complete tear down.

It's a rebuild. Not a tank.

Serious question/not being a dick: Do you think, with the players who have left - and who they've been replaced with/who they decided to keep - that Beane/McDermott are putting a team on the field that's poised to win more than 3-4 games with their schedule?

Don't forget the entire secondary and the offensive line.

The only solid piece of this team, where we know what we have, and what we have is above average, is defensive line and first string RB. Clay has been to much of a non-factor to consider TE a position of strength too.

Serious question/not being a dick: Do you think, with the players who have left - and who they've been replaced with/who they decided to keep - that Beane/McDermott are putting a team on the field that's poised to win more than 3-4 games with their schedule?

Honestly, I don't know. It's certainly possible. I can't see them making the playoffs, but I could envision a scenario, albeit unlikely, where they win between 6-8 games. It's just hard to know what the opponents will do, how the defense will be, injuries to star QBs we play, and other things.

The bills could sweep the Jets, split with Miami, beat the Colts. That's 4. I think they could beat Bengals, Panthers, Saints, Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos.

The only truly unwinable games I see are the two Pats, the Falcons, Raiders, and probably Bucs.

So I just don't know. Almost anything is possible.

Honestly, I don't know. It's certainly possible. I can't see them making the playoffs, but I could envision a scenario, albeit unlikely, where they win between 6-8 games. It's just hard to know what the opponents will do, how the defense will be, injuries to star QBs we play, and other things.

The bills could sweep the Jets, split with Miami, beat the Colts. That's 4. I think they could beat Bengals, Panthers, Saints, Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos.

The only truly unwinable games I see are the two Pats, the Falcons, Raiders, and probably Bucs.

So I just don't know. Almost anything is possible.

I can respect that. I'm totally on the "any given Sunday," train. I think their level of talent is significantly lower than every team on the schedule --- and that might even include the Jets.

We shall see!! That's why they play the games, my friend!