Tank is Half Full

Serious question/not being a dick: Do you think, with the players who have left - and who they've been replaced with/who they decided to keep - that Beane/McDermott are putting a team on the field that's poised to win more than 3-4 games with their schedule?

Yes, they will win a lot more than 3-4 games.

I can respect that. I'm totally on the "any given Sunday," train. I think their level of talent is significantly lower than every team on the schedule --- and that might even include the Jets.

We shall see!! That's why they play the games, my friend!

Agreed. I'm certainly not expecting much, but I don't think their sched is as hard as everyone thinks.

I am confident the defense will be better. I think the offense could be anywhere from terrible to not much different than last year.

I don't know if McBeane is in too deep or has the master plan, but I like a lot of what I see.

I like that the D-line and O-line are the strengths of the team.

I like that we've got a boat load of picks for the next draft.

I like that they aren't afraid to trade talent that doesn't fit their image - put differently, that they aren't afraid to gut the team and rebuild in their image.

I also like that they have a core group of veteran talent and a group of unproven young guys they see promise in.

Looking at this from a management standpoint, it reminds me of running a store when the new manager 86s everyone who isn't on board and brings in a new staff. You go through growing pains, but if the manager knows what he's doing you usually end up with a good team.

I didn't like seeing Watkins go, but I'm willing to accept the possibility that they see a bigger picture. And virtually no team rises or falls on the presence of a WR. When CAR went to the SB they had a great TE and that was about it as far as receivers are concerned.

If we still suck in 3-4 years then we'll have reason to gripe, but in the meantime I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like we have a choice.

What difference, at this point, does it make?

I don't know if McBeane is in too deep or has the master plan, but I like a lot of what I see.

I like that the D-line and O-line are the strengths of the team.

I like that we've got a boat load of picks for the next draft.

I like that they aren't afraid to trade talent that doesn't fit their image - put differently, that they aren't afraid to gut the team and rebuild in their image.

I also like that they have a core group of veteran talent and a group of unproven young guys they see promise in.

Looking at this from a management standpoint, it reminds me of running a store when the new manager 86s everyone who isn't on board and brings in a new staff. You go through growing pains, but if the manager knows what he's doing you usually end up with a good team.

I didn't like seeing Watkins go, but I'm willing to accept the possibility that they see a bigger picture. And virtually no team rises or falls on the presence of a WR. When CAR went to the SB they had a great TE and that was about it as far as receivers are concerned.

If we still suck in 3-4 years then we'll have reason to gripe, but in the meantime I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like we have a choice.

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Agree and also why I love what Beane is doing.

For the life of me, I can't understand why every GM in the league doesn't go all in on O and D lines.

Other than a decent pocket passing QB, those have been the staples of most successful NFL teams throughout history.