Has the front office set a record....

Bronxbomber21

If McDermott had built one of the greatest college teams ever, it might be easier to trust him. Our coach is coming off leading the 21st ranked defense, worse than the "awful"Rex defense.

I want to believe but it's really hard at this point.

Like I said, people are acting like they are breaking up a juggernaut.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said though....he isn't exactly breaking up the 85 Bears.

I don't know if this will work or not but I am certainly interested.

Agreed. A whole lot of underachievers (for whatever reasons) are gone. None of these players were rock solid or untouchable, all were questionable. When in doubt, ship them out!

Right, since they didn't make the playoffs, they should give away talent like Sammy.

Why is it so hard to come to grips with that they had no intentions on extending Watkins? Sammy certainly is talented but the best ability is availability.

It's not like Jordan Matthews is chopped liver. You'd think they came out and announced they decided to play with 10 players on offense after those trades.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I hate to take this "there," but had Whaley been able to choose his own HC, rather than have they Ryan Bros. shoved down his throat - he'd likely have been in the running for exec. of the year.

I just busted out laughing. Whaley exec of the year? Lmao he was awful. Completely awful.

I hate to take this "there," but had Whaley been able to choose his own HC, rather than have they Ryan Bros. shoved down his throat - he'd likely have been in the running for exec. of the year.

Sadly, we will never know what would have happened had he been allowed to pick his own coach. I didn't hate Whaley, in fact thought he had a good eye for talent, but he always had to compromise with a HC (including in the draft room). A lot of this was handled less than ideally, but I'll just keep looking forward. At least now we have people who seem firmly tied together and on the same page - so we know who to credit and who to blame.

young talent is what will essentially be the "core" of this team. there is something there that did not gel with what the coaching staff/front office believe that core should be made of. whether it be skillset, motivation, love of the game, personality, work ethic,...who knows? but they are definitely rebuilding this team. hopefully when the dust settles, there will be a steady foundation that will last for years to come.

Agree here. I think they're looking for a certain attitude, and feel they can instill that attitude better with picking "their own" people.