Republican Tax Plan (a nothingburger with cheese)

Tiberius

Just now, Tiberius said:

Yes, because everyone that works hard ends up being super wealthy!  :doh:

If you had half a brain you could figure it out.  

I know a lady who makes 100k picking up dog poop.    

You’re just not bright enough for something like that ???

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This message brought to you by the DNC. It will be ARMAGEDDON I tell you!

So when confronted with some well thought out bullet points.....you respond with this?

i love all the hypocites calling me a hypocrite....projection at its best....you are so lame you likely don' t see yourself doing it.

Screamed about deficits under Obama...invented rules to prevent deficit spending....get in office...circumvent rules to deficit spend...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

• The economic growth won't offset the lack of revenue, and the deficit will grow 
  • The tax cuts are a Trojan horse to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security once the Republicans eventually try to offset the lost revenue 

That is my main concern , plus removing the mandate, millions will drop out of medical coverage causing the premiums of those with coverage to rise. jmo

• Like (+1) 1

Why should millions of people be forced to buy something that they don’t want or need just so you get a benefit from their contributions? 

Why do you view the economy as a zero sum game, or that is a pie that can’t ever get any larger?

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

If you had half a brain you could figure it out.  

I know a lady who makes 100k picking up dog poop.    

You’re just not bright enough for something like that ???

Hey stupid, 100K won't make you super rich, even if she is picking up snacks for you. 

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Why should millions of people be forced to buy something that they don’t want or need just so you get a benefit from their contributions? 

Why do you view the economy as a zero sum game, or that is a pie that can’t ever get any larger?

So no car insurance mandate? 

Everyone uses health care, therefore they should pay

41 minutes ago, baskin said:

So when confronted with some well thought out bullet points.....you respond with this?

i love all the hypocites calling me a hypocrite....projection at its best....you are so lame you likely don' t see yourself doing it.

Screamed about deficits under Obama...invented rules to prevent deficit spending....get in office...circumvent rules to deficit spend...

No, those were the left's talking points, nothing more. Obama's policies (or non policies) offered nothing in the way of growth. Trump's policies offer a way to growth, which is our only hope of getting the deficit under control.

2 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

It’s still 3x what you make.   ???

Yes, but think of all the protein he gets. Makes for shiny hair too.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Because what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs. C'mon man, you know the left thinks you owe them a free ride through life, on top of subsidizing their stupidity.

49 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Auto insurance protects people from damages that are accidental. 

Not everyone goes to a Doctor every year. 

Driving is also a privilege that is not necessary to live your life. The Obamacare mandate was a mandate, with no option out of it other than to pay the "tax".

1 hour ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

It’s still 3x what you make.   ???

You are a right winger. You have no way at all of knowing anything about what I make yet you confidently say what you feel it should be. Ignorant! You must be a Trump supporter. Your ignorance is telling 

55 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Auto insurance protects people from damages that are accidental. 

Not everyone goes to a Doctor every year. 

Not everyone gets in an auto accident everyday either. Bad example 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, those were the left's talking points, nothing more. Obama's policies (or non policies) offered nothing in the way of growth. Trump's policies offer a way to growth, which is our only hope of getting the deficit under control.

First - these are not Trump's policies - he has no clue - these are policies of a certain sector of the GOP.

I have raised public, private, and institutional capital and  consult for banks now...What the proponents of this tax bill are saying to the public is....We need to borrow resources and direct them to a sector to spur growth...makes sense....

The problem is the sector (high income, banks, large companies) they are directing the borrowed resources to....already has more resources than they know what to do with...nobody I work with thinks that this will do anything substantive....other than create a bubble circa 2004-2007 via a higher stock market fueling greater household leverage

The issue in the economy is not lack of investment capital....its lack of good investment opportunities....

I think most people understand this and thus the low approval rating for the bill and the general sense that maybe...just maybe...this is simply a way for large GOP donors to get a return on their investment

The better news is the global economy is on a somewhat stable path right now....and economies left with stable set points...tend to grow...also not a good time to shake that up substantively...

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why is auto insurance/health insurance being debated again here? It's been settled and gator has already walked away with his tail between his legs several times. I guess gator likes/needs the punishment. What did you do that was so bad, gator?

God, you are delusional

11 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This message brought to you by the DNC. It will be ARMAGEDDON I tell you!

I never said it was Armageddon. Just pointing out there will be consequences. 

The rich get richer, which means they have more money to influence the political process in America. 

10 hours ago, Azalin said:

Just for purposes of conversation and clarity, what is it about the tax cuts that are "nice" in light of the bullet points you've provided?

The average person saves a bit of money for 8 years. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I never said it was Armageddon. Just pointing out there will be consequences. 

The rich get richer, which means they have more money to influence the political process in America. 

Bingo. More oligarchy more of the time. They basically control the gates to the Republican party with the primaries which they bombard with money. This tax cut is their payoff. And Democrats have to play the game too so they get tied into the money pipeline. Who loses? The American people 

Time to care about deficits is almost upon us again. Time to cut programs for the elderly, we are bankrupt ya know. 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

That is my main concern , plus removing the mandate, millions will drop out of medical coverage causing the premiums of those with coverage to rise. jmo

Yup.

They found a headline to get people excited, but the long term consequences will likely offset the short term rewards once their health coverage goes up, and in a couple years Republicans will take aim at Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, which are all programs Republican Lawmakers have wanted to gut for years. 

1 hour ago, baskin said:

First - these are not Trump's policies - he has no clue - these are policies of a certain sector of the GOP.

I have raised public, private, and institutional capital and  consult for banks now...What the proponents of this tax bill are saying to the public is....We need to borrow resources and direct them to a sector to spur growth...makes sense....

The problem is the sector (high income, banks, large companies) they are directing the borrowed resources to....already has more resources than they know what to do with...nobody I work with thinks that this will do anything substantive....other than create a bubble circa 2004-2007 via a higher stock market fueling greater household leverage

The issue in the economy is not lack of investment capital....its lack of good investment opportunities....

I think most people understand this and thus the low approval rating for the bill and the general sense that maybe...just maybe...this is simply a way for large GOP donors to get a return on their investment

The better news is the global economy is on a somewhat stable path right now....and economies left with stable set points...tend to grow...also not a good time to shake that up substantively...

The "fine print" might not be Trump, but the framework of the tax plan was the tax plan he ran on when campaigning in the election. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yup.

They found a headline to get people excited, but the long term consequences will likely offset the short term rewards once their health coverage goes up, and in a couple years Republicans will take aim at Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, which are all programs Republican Lawmakers have wanted to gut for years. 

The "fine print" might not be Trump, but the framework of the tax plan was the tax plan he ran on when campaigning in the election. 

image.thumb.png.a2746476b19663d25d74193c68a310f1.png

They must of missed the hard part of his proposal....

Edited by baskin

5 minutes ago, baskin said:

image.thumb.png.a2746476b19663d25d74193c68a310f1.png

They must of missed the hard part of his proposal....

I'm pretty sure that everyone who analyzed his plan leading up to the election said that the consequences of their plan were wrong.

Trump's plan was never going to be revenue neutral, regardless of how many times  he told people it would be. 

This is an interesting angle. Also sweet justice, even though I'm sure it will affect a bunch of people here.

The state and local tax (SALT) cap in the tax bill causes those parts of the country that were overwhelmingly Hillary voters to have tax increases. Sweet justice because in losing the election, the dems didn't play a part in crafting legislation.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/12/blue_state_scrooges.html

"Even the New York Times admits that the SALT cap will primarily impact high income residents of these blue states, which undermines the “help-the-rich, soak-the-poor” narrative being used to attack the tax reform."