[closed]I was late for a meeting today

He has a history of not doing his job. Part of his job includes staying out of trouble, pass drug tests, and showing up for meetings on time, not just his play on the field. He is being paid like a man, time for him to start acting like one. IMO It was a preseason game and excellent opportunity to have a "come to Jesus" with the young man.

Go Bills!!

God, we Bills fans just LOVE to bag on talented players when we have them and drive them out of town.

Watkins is gone so we are back to Dareus. Who is next up so I can start getting my ammo for them together now? Tre White?

You're comparing your job to an NFL player? You say you work at a job where you make good money saving peoples lives, I'm assuming if you ever failed a drug test you'd be gone no questions asked correct? See how different the 2 are already?

In most places of employment in Canada if you admit you have a substance abuse problem they have to send you to rehab or counseling or both.

Isn't Dareus one strike away from a years vacation?

I was 20 min late for a meeting today. I had no good excuse. I have an important job, save lives, make a lot of money, and am a leader in my organization. I apologized to my team. We had a very productive day.

I'm an adult and was treated like an adult.

Sending home one of the most important players on your team is not discipline, it is not leadership and it certainly is not coaching. It is a publicity stunt.

I am willing to give McDermott a grace period. But I think what he did was foolish and exactly opposite of how to coach a teammate or hold a team member accountable. In fact it is basic HR and he overreached.

What happens when an assistant coach arrives late? What happens when McDermott makes a mistake?

For those professionals in the community, what do you say? How would you expect to be treated?

That's one meeting you were late for. Dareus does it routinely. Big difference. Plus let me ask you this: were you ever suspended from your work before because you broke rules, etc? I suspect not. Something has to wake this kid up.

I too have an important job where lives are at stake. I lead a team of people. And they know the door closes at the time a meeting starts and they don't come in if they're late. Because they know I believe it shows disrespect to me and the team if you do so, that you think you get to play by your own rules. And I've never had a problem.

I was 20 min late for a meeting today. I had no good excuse. I have an important job, save lives, make a lot of money, and am a leader in my organization. I apologized to my team. We had a very productive day.

Sending home one of the most important players on your team is not discipline, it is not leadership and it certainly is not coaching. It is a publicity stunt.

I am willing to give McDermott a grace period. But I think what he did was foolish and exactly opposite of how to coach a teammate or hold a team member accountable. In fact it is basic HR and he overreached.

What happens when an assistant coach arrives late? What happens when McDermott makes a mistake?

For those professionals in the community, what do you say? How would you expect to be treated?

No problem with the discipline at all.

Marcell needs to grow up, but I don't see that happening.

It's important as Marcel isn't just wasting his time, everyone else has to wait on him. In a company that say has 90 employees and 10 managers (players and coaches) if everyone made $10 an hour he would have wasted ($10/3)*100 people = $333. Plus all of the potential gain during that 20 minutes. Effectively, it's a respect thing and he doesn't respect his fellow co-workers or his bosses. He's a punk.

In most places of employment in Canada if you admit you have a substance abuse problem they have to send you to rehab or counseling or both.

Isn't Dareus one strike away from a years vacation?

10 games is next. Which is basically the Bills entire season since it's usually over by then.

How would your job would treat you if you failed 2 random drug tests and was late 25 times in 5 months?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.