Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yeah, you’re right, no doubt. Just seems odd to me. I mean, all we were asking him to do was make a wide open outside shot, since he was left wide open by the D. Wide open, man!! :D

Yea it stinks. He could've been a 4 year player and pretty good by his SR year...

we we will have a good amount of forwards and he was getting buried with Dolezajs emergence and Brissett... not too mention Bazley is coming and the transfer Hughes can be a wing 2-3

injuries back to back years hurt his development and confidence... though when healthy he could jump through the roof

he really seemed  to bleed orange since HS and his JR year commitment 

Edited by Buffalo716

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well that's the thing... he didn't want to go to a Niagara or Canisius 

he was a consensus 4* recruit. He wants to play high major ball 

What's happening more and more is that some of these highly touted recruits get anchored to the bench and end up leaving. He may be a legitimate four star recruit but too many recruits are over-rated and end up going to programs where they go by the wayside. I'm not as familiar with Moyer as you are but a player who can't shoot (unless you are a big man) is not going to prosper in a big time program. 

My point in my early post is that a better assessment of a player's talents relative to the program he goes to in the end mostly benefits the player. There are plenty of players in big time programs whose primary experience in college ball are being cheerleaders on the bench instead of being player at programs where they would have been actual participants. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

What's happening more and more is that some of these highly touted recruits get anchored to the bench and end up leaving. He may be a legitimate four star recruit but too many recruits are over-rated and end up going to programs where they go by the wayside. I'm not as familiar with Moyer as you are but a player who can't shoot (unless you are a big man) is not going to prosper in a big time program. 

My point in my early post is that a better assessment of a player's talents relative to the program he goes to in the end mostly benefits the player. There are plenty of players in big time programs whose primary experience in college ball are being cheerleaders on the bench instead of being player at programs where they would have been actual participants. 

Definitely and I agree with you... there is lots of good basketball talent and a lot of 4* recruits overestimate their talent and end up riding the bench at a really good program and transfer out

Moyer got hit with really bad injury luck... a season ending injury as a freshman which caused a redshirt and his bad ankle sprain this year

it hindered his confidence and his progression... he went from a top 75 player in HS who could shoot ok, and jump through the roof , to a kid who lost all confidence and can't make a 15 foot jumper 

i wish him all the best, but as you said, he didn't have the goods to be a Syracuse starting forward 

On 3/24/2018 at 2:05 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Battle is definitely built for the NBA but he still needs to cleanup sloppy turnovers and he can be lax at times.

Boeheim says don't go unless your a lottery pick... he hated when Lydon let early... Battle can be a lottery pick next year but not this year

Honestly Dion Waiters was a freak and was even more built than Tyus... He came off the bench for 2 years only because Brandon Triche who I did like was getting token starts... 

Battle can go in the lottery like Waiters in 1 more year, it be smart

Battle is more like Richardson in my opinion.

I think Waiters was a step up above them, but he also had better players around him. 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Battle is more like Richardson in my opinion.

I think Waiters was a step up above them, but he also had better players around him. 

For sure he had better players around him and was a better player... that's why he was the 4th pick

Battle and Richardson are similar though Battle is a much better FT show

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bayer is transferring out as a 5th year graduate transfer ...

not that it matters much but Good luck to him and hope he makes an impact next year

Nooooo!!!!!!!!  :D

in all seriousness, i am sure he will remember for the rest of his life that PT he got in the tourney. He was key.

28 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Nooooo!!!!!!!!  :D

in all seriousness, i am sure he will remember for the rest of his life that PT he got in the tourney. He was key.

Definitely... I'm just a little confused... I thought he spent 1 year at Grannell, transferred to Cuse, Redshirted, then was on the squad at Cuse this year... that's only 3 years iirc how is he a graduate transfer?

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody watch the McDonald's All American Game?

Bazley flashed a nice 3 ball for a kid 6'9 with nice passing and rebounding skills...

looks every bit as advertised ?

(Was also very unselfish in a very selfish game)

I didn’t get a chance to watch it. That’s really encouraging!! Let’s hope Tyus comes back and we can be a top-5 team! 

16 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I didn’t get a chance to watch it. That’s really encouraging!! Let’s hope Tyus comes back and we can be a top-5 team! 

If Tyus comes back I see a legitimate top 5-7 team

Bazley was very unselfish and was trying to play real basketball somewhat instead of the no defense fast break show it was... it was usually rebound and out with a dunk/layup or a pull-up / kick out 3 

Bazley tied for the west lead with 7 bounds in 17 minutes only and always passed it up

he seems like a kid who is getting more and more confidence everyday and It shows in his shot and all the announcers talked about how he is the rare kid WHO GETS BETTER EVERYTIME HE STEPS ON THE COURT

he also tried defending 

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Anybody watch the McDonald's All American Game?

Bazley flashed a nice 3 ball for a kid 6'9 with nice passing and rebounding skills...

looks every bit as advertised ?

(Was also very unselfish in a very selfish game)

Darius Bazley de-commits from Syracuse.  Will jump directly to NBA G League.  ??

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

How is this Legal? Doesn’t this violate the NBA “1 and done” rule? I can’t believe the G-league would be exempt from that rule. I bet you the NBA players union challenges this.

Requirement for NBA is age 19 and one year out of HS.  Minimum age for G League is 18.  This is unprecedented.  He’s going to make somewhere between 19,500-26,000 this season instead of playing major college basketball.  What a joke.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Requirement for NBA is age 19 and one year out of HS.  Minimum age for G League is 18.  This is unprecedented.  He’s going to make somewhere between 19,500-26,000 this season instead of playing major college basketball.  What a joke.

I am a little surprised that the G league doesn’t have a 1 and done requirement. And I bet it will have one soon if this becomes popular. 

So what happens after Bazley turns 19? Does he go into the NBA draft? Or is he a free agent? 

5 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am a little surprised that the G league doesn’t have a 1 and done requirement. And I bet it will have one soon if this becomes popular. 

So what happens after Bazley turns 19? Does he go into the NBA draft? Or is he a free agent? 

It is my understanding that he will be eligible for the NBA draft upon completion of the G League season and after turning 19.  It was also just brought to my attention that those agent “loans” are now legal, and he likely is being paid handsomely by someone for making this move.

This is like a bad dream!

WTF!!!! Somebody got in his ear and just screwed CUSE.

Bazley coulda done this months ago and let Boeheim recruit someone else... I lost some respect for him and hope his career goes nowhere honestly 

No class move that screwed Boeheims recruiting class

Edited by Buffalo716