Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was my first thought... just stinks because we went from a very good team to a bunch of question marks in a weeks span

Absolutely!  If Battle and Brissett both stay I think we will be okay.  More than likely will be in the grad transfer market as well.  I’m trying not to panic until I absolutely have to.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Absolutely!  If Battle and Brissett both stay I think we will be okay.  More than likely will be in the grad transfer market as well.  I’m trying not to panic until I absolutely have to.

I absolutely think we will be in the grad transfer market but after looking through the list a few days ago it looks rather slim so gotta hop on it quick

ikenna smart is a 6'10 forward from UB who plays pretty good defense though is limited offensively... still he's a body

Edited by Buffalo716

Trey Porter is a redshirt junior PF transfer from Old Dominion who would be immediately eligible.  I think he should be on the top of their list.  Great defensive player/rebounder whose offensive game made tremendous strides this year.  Was his conference’s most improved player this year.  There also is the overseas option and the JUCO option.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Trey Porter is a redshirt junior PF transfer from Old Dominion who would be immediately eligible.  I think he should be on the top of their list.  Great defensive player/rebounder whose offensive game made tremendous strides this year.  Was his conference’s most improved player this year.  There also is the overseas option and the JUCO option.

Why is he immediately eligible? Did he graduate and has 1 year left 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why is he immediately eligible? Did he graduate 

Yes.  Graduated in December.  

Frankie Policelli (SF) and Majur Majak (C) are also 2018 uncommitted players linked to Syracuse that could provide depth.  I heard they were going hard after Majak, and I suspect they will pursue Policelli as well.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes.  Graduated in December.  

Frankie Policelli (SF) and Majur Majak (C) are also 2018 uncommitted players linked to Syracuse that could provide depth.  I heard they were going hard after Majak, and I suspect they will pursue Policelli as well.

Yea I know about majak... he seems like a chukwu

good shot blocker but probably not much on the offensive end. He like a low end 3* prospect 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I know about majak... he seems like a chukwu

good shot blocker but probably not much on the offensive end. He like a low end 3* prospect 

Hey man...it’s all about damage control now.  We need depth.  We aren’t landing any 2018 4-5 * recruits at this stage in the game.  

Majak would be a good insurance policy if Sidibe’s health continues to be an issue.  Policelli is a 3* kid probably comparable to Matt Moyer.  Maybe a little better offensively.

I feel like you and I should just talk on the phone ?

Hey man...it’s all about damage control now.  We need depth.  We aren’t landing any 2018 4-5 * recruits at this stage in the game.  

Majak would be a good insurance policy if Sidibe’s health continues to be an issue.  Policelli is a 3* kid probably comparable to Matt Moyer.  Maybe a little better offensively.

I feel like you and I should just talk on the phone ?

Hahahahha ?

All about depth control at this point so I'll take anyone 

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

One bullet dodged!!! Great news!!!

I fully expect Battle to at least test the waters, though maybe not...

Tyus is definitely gonna test the waters and get feedback...

but if he is projected to go in the 20s he should come back

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea it doesn't look like he's a lottery pick RN so he should come back 

I think he will declare, but won’t sign an agent.  Go through some workouts, get evaluated, and then make a decision.

His “camp” is completely silent on the subject, BTW.  I’ve been putting feelers out and nothing.

I think he will declare, but won’t sign an agent.  Go through some workouts, get evaluated, and then make a decision.

His “camp” is completely silent on the subject, BTW.  I’ve been putting feelers out and nothing.

Yea it's silent... if he doesn't sign as agent then we are all good for him to come back 

he can go much higher than he is now

17 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Do you think Bazley not coming had/has any impact on Brissett and Battle? I feel like Battle may come back if has a chance to be the focus again

No not really... if Battle came back regardless of Bazley he would still be the #1 option imo

Bazley was obviously the gem of Cuses recruiting class but I think the offense would still run through a JR Battle first with Bazley as the high percentage complimentary piece and jack of all trades

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No not really... if Battle came back regardless of Bazley he would still be the #1 option imo

Bazley was obviously the gem of Cuses recruiting class but I think the offense would still run through a JR Battle first with Bazley as the high percentage complimentary piece and jack of all trades

Yeah, I agree with this.  Bazley’s decision will have no influence in Battle’s either way.  Brissett I had a pretty good feeling he was coming back, regardless.

It will be really interesting, especially if Battle stays, how JB will use Jalen Carey (combo guard) and Buddy Boeheim (SG).  A lot of people feel that Jalen right now is a better player than Howard.  It would be a log-jam at the guard position, and I think someone would need to redshirt.   Howard Washington may even end up transferring.  Remember, ECU transfer Elijah Hughes (SG) will be eligible next year as well.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I agree with this.  Bazley’s decision will have no influence in Battle’s either way.  Brissett I had a pretty good feeling he was coming back, regardless.

It will be really interesting, especially if Battle stays, how JB will use Jalen Carey (combo guard) and Buddy Boeheim (SG).  A lot of people feel that Jalen right now is a better player than Howard.  It would be a log-jam at the guard position, and I think someone would need to redshirt.   Howard Washington may even end up transferring.  Remember, ECU transfer Elijah Hughes (SG) will be eligible next year as well.

Yea I think Washington may redshirt after the injury 

im high on Carey but I know how transition from HS to major College works and it's usually tough 

Frank is gonna be a grown senior, he is big, strong and passes well... I think he will relish his SR year and come out better 

Scoop Jardine, Frank Howard, Michael Carter Williams are all guards who struggled for PT as Freshman even though they were all high recruits 

Carey is still new to the PG position... I think we will see some flashes but I really don't think he will overtake Howard

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea I think Washington may redshirt after the injury 

im high on Carey but I know how transition from HS to major College works and it's usually tough 

Frank is gonna be a grown senior, he is big, strong and passes well... I think he will relish his SR year and come out better 

Scoop Jardine, Frank Howard, Michael Carter Williams are all guards who struggled for PT as Freshman even though they were all high recruits 

Carey is still new to the PG position... I think we will see some flashes but I really don't think he will overtake Howard

Oh, I’m sure Frank will get the start, but I wonder how many minutes Carey will steal from him.  Carey, IMO, is a better passer and a much better shooter that FH.  It will be interesting.  Battle, Howard, Boeheim, Hughes, Carey, and Washington.  That’s a lot of mouths to feed.