Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Hes still a young kid

but he was a top 75 recruit in the county. He's very talented

hope the Bonnies keep playing well

Thanks!  You won't be saying that 3 weeks from today! 

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Dumb move by Geno. 5th year seniors have no other options. He would have played a lot more eventually too; Gillon didn’t get many minutes early last season either. 

Thoughts on Kansas? Any chance?

Of course there's a chance

tyus battle and frank Howard have to lead the charge. Follow it up with 40minutes of good defense 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Of course there's a chance

tyus battle and frank Howard have to lead the charge. Follow it up with 40minutes of good defense 

There’s a chance, but this is a really tough matchup for Syracuse.  This KU squad is a 2-3 zone’s nightmare.  Forwards who can handle the rock in the paint and pass from the free throw line, and 3 or 4 guys who are shooting around 40% from the 3 point line.  If our guards can’t get out and in the face of their shooters...we’re dead ducks.  KU is missing phenom freshman forward, Billy Preston, which is significant.   Today’s game is a great test for Syracuse.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

There’s a chance, but this is a really tough matchup for Syracuse.  This KU squad is a 2-3 zone’s nightmare.  Forwards who can handle the rock in the paint and pass from the free throw line, and 3 or 4 guys who are shooting around 40% from the 3 point line.  If our guards can’t get out and in the face of their shooters...we’re dead ducks.  KU is missing phenom freshman forward, Billy Preston, which is significant.   Today’s game is a great test for Syracuse.

Oh I don't think it will be easy. But there's s chance...

like you said KU can rain the 3s so that extends our 2-3 zone and creates problems

Tough loss. I think we could have won that game if we had any offensive flow in the first half. Don’t get why they run pick and rolls

with bigs who can’t really roll. Run that with brisett! 

There’s also not much you can do when Kansas has one player who can drain 3s from 25 feet with a hand in his face all game. If that guy—graham— doesn’t shoot like that, their entire offense doesn’t open up as much too against the zone. They basically got beat by one hot shooter. 

Not to sound bitter, but that Kansas team looks like a classic bill self team— expect a 1 seed and an elite 8 or sweet 16 upset. 

35 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Tough loss. I think we could have won that game if we had any offensive flow in the first half. Don’t get why they run pick and rolls

with bigs who can’t really roll. Run that with brisett! 

There’s also not much you can do when Kansas has one player who can drain 3s from 25 feet with a hand in his face all game. If that guy—graham— doesn’t shoot like that, their entire offense doesn’t open up as much too against the zone. They basically got beat by one hot shooter. 

Not to sound bitter, but that Kansas team looks like a classic bill self team— expect a 1 seed and an elite 8 or sweet 16 upset. 

I feel pretty good about a loss.   They really played like crap that first half.  Unforced turnovers and terrible shooting.   Don't know what was with all those traveling turnovers.  Some, where they were not even pressed.   They sure are able to run into guys that are hot on shooting three's.

It was good experience for early in the year.

12 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I feel pretty good about a loss.   They really played like crap that first half.  Unforced turnovers and terrible shooting.   Don't know what was with all those traveling turnovers.  Some, where they were not even pressed.   They sure are able to run into guys that are hot on shooting three's.

It was good experience for early in the year.

The first half was unwatchable. Terrible errors by both teams and poorly officiated too. So, it was like travel, after foul, after missed shot, another travel, moving screen, etc. And that was for both teams. It wasn’t until Graham got hot late in the first was there any flow to the game. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Matt Moyer with the put back flush :o

Yeah, I have no idea what Moyer ate for breakfast yesterday, but he actually looked confident and decisive out there.  Almost as if JB gave him the green light to see what he has out there.  Loved seeing him play excitedly...great kid.

I wish they’d purposely give Howard Washington more minutes at the point.  They are going to need him sooner or later.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, I have no idea what Moyer ate for breakfast yesterday, but he actually looked confident and decisive out there.  Almost as if JB gave him the green light to see what he has out there.  Loved seeing him play excitedly...great kid.

I wish they’d purposely give Howard Washington more minutes at the point.  They are going to need him sooner or later.

Definitely. Howard is a true PG

Moyer surprised the crap outta me. He was playing with fire. Screaming, chest bumping , 2 put back slams

my goodness I hope he can keep that up. He looked like a different player

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Seems like Moyer is a kid who needed a boost of confidence. He made some good plays early and just kept rolling. Great to see.

i am convinced that brissett could be one or the greatest players in SU history by the time he is done here. 

Hard to believe that he was not a highly touted recruit

i mean he got a 4* rating but not much love as a top recruit 

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That's insane. He's big, strong, finishes well, rebounds tremendously...oh, and can shoot. 

The dude attacks the glass better than most.

he is very aggressive taking it to the rim and when he misses he is super explosive off his second bounce to secure the bound

ive never seen a freshmen forward rebound like him

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Brissett would have been rated higher if he wasn’t from Canada.

I thought of that but Tyler Ennis was a consensus 5* recruit out of Canada 

i think the difference is Oshae went to a post grad basketball academy and all the kids there are going D1 so they play good team ball and share the wealth. It's hard to super standout