Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

understanding from what, the norm vs a team installing 2 new systems?

Anyone got a link or are we just making assumptions?

No one's installing two systems, it's all about what parts of the system Taylor will be running in the regular season, and according to Brandon Beane, the offensive playcalling we saw in the preseason for Taylor in the regular season will be very different from what it was in the preseason:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-1-on-1-interview-with-buffalo-bills-gm-brandon-beane-83117?page=2

“I think you guys have heard me say it, making plays from the pocket -- I think we've tried to force that on him and work on that, and I think he's gotten better. I think he'll be better prepared. We know he can move around, the boots, the waggles, all that stuff -- you know, the zone reads. We know he can do that and we'll definitely plan to use that in the season."

No one's installing two systems, it's all about what parts of the system Taylor will be running in the regular season, and according to Brandon Beane, the offensive playcalling we saw in the preseason for Taylor in the regular season will be very different from what it was in the preseason:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-1-on-1-interview-with-buffalo-bills-gm-brandon-beane-83117?page=2

“I think you guys have heard me say it, making plays from the pocket -- I think we've tried to force that on him and work on that, and I think he's gotten better. I think he'll be better prepared. We know he can move around, the boots, the waggles, all that stuff -- you know, the zone reads. We know he can do that and we'll definitely plan to use that in the season."

The O and D's not new?

lol, ok

The regular season can't get here soon enough...

understanding from what, the norm vs a team installing 2 new systems?

Anyone got a link or are we just making assumptions?

I think where that comes from is Beane said in an interview that they weren't really running the O as they would in a game. They purposely ran stuff that forced Tyrod to stay in the pocket. Something along those lines anyways.

Hopefully Matthews and Glenn will be ready to go so and we'll see some of the rollouts and designed plays that utilize Tyrod's strengths

Let's get an early lead then gas up the Toldozer to run out the clock!

Pretty sure I heard today that both will be ready to play.

Edited by Scott7975

I think where that comes from is Beane said in an interview that they weren't really running the O as they would in a game. They purposely ran stuff that forced Tyrod to stay in the pocket. Something along those lines anyways.

thanks buddy

....so we need to give him his audition shot or last hurrah, whether in Buffalo or elsewhere.....I have no problem with that either nor do I have a clue what it may bring.....but I'd love to see the kid succeed and realize his NFL dream.....only an a-hole would wish failure, but then again, there are a plenty............

I agree with you he earned his shot to play with a good WR corps to see how he would fare with more talent around him but they set him up for failure with the roster this season and scheme change and he still got to turn chickensh*t in the chicken salad...adapt or die....there's so many people that want to see him fail they outweigh the people that want to see him succeed it's kind of f****** disgusting but it is what it is he's got his back against the wall now....wish him the best.

thanks buddy

I heard the same. It was a great idea he needed the work and tape to study and see what hes missing but without us knowing that it had people ready to jump off bridges for the season. Sunday is gonna be our 1st real look at the offense.

I agree with you he earned his shot to play with a good WR corps to see how he would fare with more talent around him but they set him up for failure with the roster this season and scheme change and he still got to turn chickensh*t in the chicken salad...adapt or die....there's so many people that want to see him fail they outweigh the people that want to see him succeed it's kind of f****** disgusting but it is what it is he's got his back against the wall now....wish him the best.

I heard the same. It was a great idea he needed the work and tape to study and see what hes missing but without us knowing that it had people ready to jump off bridges for the season. Sunday is gonna be our 1st real look at the offense.

sums it up...

...I'm glad someones paying attention...

And that forcing TT to stay in the pocket with a half-arsed OL got him concussed. I hope that experiment and its results ends that BS idea for good.

TT can throw from the pocket but he is is lethal and accurate throwing on the run with options and is as big a rushing, home run threat nightmare as most RB in the NFL. Jebus. Why is this hard. He got "hurt" this time because he was right where the DL could find him - in the pocket. Only other time was a dirty tackle.

Also will add to the NP v TT debate that TT was raw, small, shoulda been a WR, etc out of VT. The reason he is a solid NFL starter, face of a franchise and professional on and off the field is because the Ravens sat him down, made him carry a clipboard, and watch how to be all those things behind Joe Flacco - gives him credit all the time. If NP actually one day - this season or not - surplants TT as the starter, he will have also learned how to conduct himself and prepare like a true pro - like TT is. All good for Bills fans.

TT was brilliant in all his Pre-Season games in Baltimore as well. Let the process work - as much as we all hate that word now, it's appropriate here.

sums it up...

...I'm glad someones paying attention...

Would not bet against this young man even with this hand - which isn't as bad as advertised anyway.

And that forcing TT to stay in the pocket with a half-arsed OL got him concussed. I hope that experiment and its results ends that BS idea for good.

TT can throw from the pocket but he is is lethal and accurate throwing on the run with options and is as big a rushing, home run threat nightmare as most RB in the NFL. Jebus. Why is this hard. He got "hurt" this time because he was right where the DL could find him - in the pocket. Only other time was a dirty tackle.

Also will add to the NP v TT debate that TT was raw, small, shoulda been a WR, etc out of VT. The reason he is a solid NFL starter, face of a franchise and professional on and off the field is because the Ravens sat him down, made him carry a clipboard, and watch how to be all those things behind Joe Flacco - gives him credit all the time. If NP actually one day - this season or not - surplants TT as the starter, he will have also learned how to conduct himself and prepare like a true pro - like TT is. All good for Bills fans.

TT was brilliant in all his Pre-Season games in Baltimore as well. Let the process work - as much as we all hate that word now, it's appropriate here.

Would not bet against this young man even with this hand - which isn't as bad as advertised anyway.

I hope T T can find a way

of course it is. but very little was shown in preseason was my point.

4 days.

My point was there is more going on this preseason then just an evaluation of new players. McD is evaluating all players, his new coaching staff and how well the players fit into what McD/Beane are trying to accomplish on the football field both short and long term. Pegula's are evaluating McD/Beane.

Running vanilla through preseason is common knowledge. Taylor being asked to stand in the pocket this preseason has already been discussed in other threads.

For anyone thinking this is a normal run of the mill training camp/ preseason just ask Ronald Darby and Sammy Watkins.

Edited by Figster

My point was there is more going on this preseason then just an evaluation of new players. McD is evaluating all players, his new coaching staff and how well the players fit into what HC McD is trying to accomplish on the football field. Pegula's are evaluating McD/Beane.

Running vanilla through preseason is common knowledge. Taylor being asked to stand in the pocket this preseason has already been discussed in other threads.

congrats, you are a very well informed fan of what really goes on in preseason. now that it's in the books and taylor has been cleared, this thread needs to drop in to the archives.

done here.

3 days.