So who's YOUR starting qb?

Steptide

Which QB  

449 members have voted

1. 1. So who's YOUR starting qb?

You realize they see a lot more of him than you do, right?

And that is scary considering Tyrod has been failing bad all preseason so it makes myself and many others wonder what they have been looking at all preseason that many fans didn't see. The way I see it is they are riding on last seasons coat tails of what the last staff did with Tyrod and doing that will equal the same fail, sadly yes we might have to watch 3 games of it before they admit it. The last staff is gone so should the QB that failed them.

Which explains why they're keeping him as their starter. :rolleyes:

If they are looking for a better draft pick yes I guess that would be a solid excuse to keep Tyrod as the starter. Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is scary considering Tyrod has been failing bad all preseason so it makes myself and many others womder what they have been looking at all preseason that many fans didn't see. The way I see it is they are riding on last seasons coat tails of what the last staff did with Tyrod and doing that will equal the same fail, sadly yes we might have to watch 3 games of it before they admit it.

Wrong. He wasn't bad at all in the 1st preseason game, the 2nd game was very bad, and the 3rd I'd say is an incomplete with him going out after two series. The rest of what you posted is nothing more than biased conjecture based on your preconceived notions.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I disagree. Even taking away every single one of Taylor's contributions, we are STILL the #4 rushing team in the NFL by yards, the #1 rushing team by YPG at 5.16, and the #2 rushing team in the league by TDs. And that's WITHOUT taking Prescott's yards/attempts/TDs out of the Cowboys' (the only team with a rush attack comparable to ours), so I think I can comfortably say our rush attack would have been just fine without Taylor.

And I have to LOL at the idea that Taylor's scrambles somehow contribute to the run game...they're just more runs. How does that help the rush attack? It's so much more plausible to say that a good PASSING attack helps a rush offense, and that ours was the product of a guy named LeSean McCoy rather than weirdly trying to credit Taylor for it.

*EDIT FOR THE 'DON'T RUIN PETERMAN CROWD*: I don't care if he gets 'ruined'. I'm not some blushing 18th century noblewoman, I fully expect us to draft a QB with our first in 2018 and that's the guy I'm interested in seeing developed properly. In the meantime, why not see what they've got in Peterman for this year, we know this team isn't getting where it wants to be with Taylor at QB.

One, you completely still disregarded the impact of having to defend both a RB and a run from TT pre snap on how it opens up the game for a RB. You can ignore or deny all you want, but its absolutely undeniable that it makes a significant impact on defending the run because the defense can't load up to stop McCoy as TT can either run or throw him self. It must be accounted for at all times. If TT was the QB he is without the threat of a run, the D would load the box and dare him to beat them with his arm. But they can't do that because he has a big arm and throws a good deep ball plus is very dangerous with his legs. This opens up the game for McCoy, and there is no amount of deniability anyone can spew to counter those facts.

And again, you, and anyone else, is a complete fool to disregard Peterman as a potential prospect as a future QB here. Go ask Brady, Warner, Carr, Brees, Cousins, Wilson, and countless others if it mattered they werent a first round chosen QB, hell Warner wasn't even drafted. This notion that Peterman is an after thought and we can just risk ruining him because everyone has their eyes set on 2018 is utterly stupid. In fact, I can't think of a single word to use that is more polite than Stupid, but about 100 I can think of that are worse to describe this absurd rationale.

ONCE YOU ARE ON A ROSTER IT NO LONGER MATTERS HOW YOU GOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So who the hell cares that he was a 5th rounder, he was also graded to go in rounds 2 to 4, so really we got a bargain, and the FO and Staff really like him. And he has shown some promise.

I mean RG3 they gave a TON of assets for...who was the real best QB? The 4th round after thought they took in Cousins in the SAME draft. Now RG3 isn't even in the league, and Cousins is tearing up the league.

Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter if we "ruin" Peterman should probably just openly admit you don't know enough about football to comment anymore. And thats not saying Peterman will or wont be good, thats the utter stupidity to decide he WONT be because of where he was drafted.

AND FURTHERMORE, it would be amazing if Peterman showed he was the guy because then we could use all those draft assets to fully rebuild this team. So why ruin the kid and put him in a position difficult to succeed? So stupid.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Wrong. He wasn't bad at all in the 1st preseason game, the 2nd game was very bad, and the 3rd I'd say is an incomplete with going out after two series. The rest of what you posted is nothing more than biased conjecture based on your preconceived notions.

Your funny claiming Tyrod wasn't bad at all the first game throwing anticipated throws over and over again to the exact same big time talented WR.Take away Watkins that first game what did Tyrod do that first game?

Fig, you were a bigger TT "homer" than me. You were predicting a breakout year for Taylor. I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) you and so many others are honestly putting so much stock in preseason.

One thing I've learned over the years... who cares about preseason?!

I don't think we've seen much of the offense Dennison has in store for week 1.

Start overreacting after week 1. Who really cares right now?

The writting is on the wall for Taylor and his future with the Buffalo Bills in my humble opinion my friend.

I don't think it even matters how well T T plays...

Your funny claiming Tyrod wasn't bad at all the first game throwing anticipated throws over and over again to the exact same big time talented WR.Take away Watkins that first game what did Tyrod do that first game?

No you're the one who's funny. He did what he did with the talent available to him. Somehow that's supposed to be discounted. Let's look at Matt Ryan w/o Julio Jones or any other QB w/o their best available receiver. Pure foolishness.

One, you completely still disregarded the impact of having to defend both a RB and a run from TT pre snap on how it opens up the game for a RB. You can ignore or deny all you want, but its absolutely undeniable that it makes a significant impact on defending the run because the defense can't load up to stop McCoy as TT can either run or throw him self. It must be accounted for at all times. If TT was the QB he is without the threat of a run, the D would load the box and dare him to beat them with his arm. But they can't do that because he has a big arm and throws a good deep ball plus is very dangerous with his legs. This opens up the game for McCoy, and there is no amount of deniability anyone can spew to counter those facts.

And again, you, and anyone else, is a complete fool to disregard Peterman as a potential prospect as a future QB here. Go ask Brady, Warner, Carr, Brees, Cousins, Wilson, and countless others if it mattered they werent a first round chosen QB, hell Warner wasn't even drafted. This notion that Peterman is an after thought and we can just risk ruining him because everyone has their eyes set on 2018 is utterly stupid. In fact, I can't think of a single word to use that is more polite than Stupid, but about 100 I can think of that are worse to describe this absurd rationale.

ONCE YOU ARE ON A ROSTER IT NO LONGER MATTERS HOW YOU GOT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So who the hell cares that he was a 5th rounder, he was also graded to go in rounds 2 to 4, so really we got a bargain, and the FO and Staff really like him. And he has shown some promise.

I mean RG3 they gave a TON of assets for...who was the real best QB? The 4th round after thought they took in Cousins in the SAME draft. Now RG3 isn't even in the league, and Cousins is tearing up the league.

Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter if we "ruin" Peterman should probably just openly admit you don't know enough about football to comment anymore. And thats not saying Peterman will or wont be good, thats the utter stupidity to decide he WONT be because of where he was drafted.

AND FURTHERMORE, it would be amazing if Peterman showed he was the guy because then we could use all those draft assets to fully rebuild this team. So why ruin the kid and put him in a position difficult to succeed? So stupid.

You're making the argument that Taylor is responsible for the running game's success, rather than McCoy. That somehow a running quarterback is as much a benefit to the rushing attack as one who actually passes the ball effectively. And much like the other guy, you seem oblivious to the irony of calling the dissenting opinion stupid.

I mean...what was McCoy doing before Tyrod Taylor came into his life? What could he have possibly accomplished without such a running threat at QB in the backfield with him?

...oh yeah, he was the best running back in the league.

No you're the one who's funny. He did what he did with the talent available to him. Somehow that's supposed to be discounted. Let's look at Matt Ryan w/o Julio Jones or any other QB w/o their best available receiver. Pure foolishness.

SMH, what I am saying is they went all in on throwing anticipated throws to Watkins to highlight him, Tyrod knew he had one target and Watkins knew they were all coming. It simplified the game plan for Tyrod something Tyrod needs all the time, sadly for the Bills teams don't let a QB win when a offense is simplified that much just look at the last two seasons.

SMH, what I am saying is they went all in on throwing anticipated throws to Watkins to highlight him, Tyrod knew he had one target and Watkins knew they were all coming. It simplified the game plan for Tyrod something Tyrod needs all the time, sadly for the Bills teams don't let a QB win when a offense is simplified that much just look at the last two seasons.

There was no game plan for preseason week 1.

I believe the poster was saying you can't be afraid of ruining Peterman by starting him.

Its become the norm now to start promising rookies just like Buffalo will press to start the one they draft next year vs another wasted season.

The window to evaluate Peterman is small...

Edited by Figster

This whole thread is foolishness. Taylor is the starter. Peterman is nothing more than a raw rookie who shows glimpses of promise. There is nothing in an 11/23, 89 yard performance that says NFL starter to me. He may get there but he is not there. There is no QB controversy going on with the Bills coaches I assure you. If Taylor is healthy he plays.

This whole thread is foolishness. Taylor is the starter. Peterman is nothing more than a raw rookie who shows glimpses of promise. There is nothing in an 11/23, 89 yard performance that says NFL starter to me. He may get there but he is not there. There is no QB controversy going on with the Bills coaches I assure you. If Taylor is healthy he plays.

^ This in a nutshell. :thumbsup:

So you think this offense is having to learn 2 new offenses right now? One for the preseason and one for the regular season.

How about the defense? Are they learning 2 different new defenses right now also?

Do you even realize how absurd that sounds.

No. I mean we're seeing the most absolutely vanilla version of Dennison's offense that exists... like only a fraction of the variety of types of wrinkles he plans on putting in there.

Not 2 different offenses. We're just seeing maybe 10% of the offense we're gonna see during the regular season.

That's what I suspect, but we find out in less than 2 weeks.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

^ This in a nutshell. :thumbsup:

Yep nutshells alright, it's just taking longer for some to admit Tyrod is done, the end is near come out of last years shell it's crushed. Edited by xRUSHx

I've watched enough deer in the headlights raw rookies to know Peterman is already showing subtle attributes well beyond his years.

Edited by Figster

You continue to be comic relief.

Tyrod is the comic relief with this staff because this staff wants him to stay and be a QB something other teams also want from him knowing Tyrod can't be that QB. Tyrod should have never been brought back.

Start Peterman

Wow are you stretching to find something. Whatever, have fun!

Yeah okay...there's a contingent of posters that are willing to support their claims when the legitimacy of them gets called into question.

I would hardly count your contributions in this thread as nudging you toward that contingent.

Fig, you were a bigger TT "homer" than me. You were predicting a breakout year for Taylor. I'm surprised (and a little disappointed) you and so many others are honestly putting so much stock in preseason.

One thing I've learned over the years... who cares about preseason?!

I don't think we've seen much of the offense Dennison has in store for week 1.

Start overreacting after week 1. Who really cares right now?

Although I hear what you are saying - I do not totally agree.

Who cares about pre-season - well a lot of players care about preseason - it is not the wins and losses, but it is about developing chemistry and timing with teammates.

As I recall last year TT lack of preseason was a big reason everyone said he started slow against Baltimore, but this year with him struggling it is no big deal. 2 years ago TTs play was enough to win him the starting job. - so yes preseason does seem to matter - especially as you are trying to employ new concepts as the Bills are this year.

I will agree that we have not seen all of the Dennison offense, but the plays we are running are a part of that offense. The WRs are running the same routes they will be running. The 3&5 steps drops are also a staple. Yes we will see more roll outs, but if you do not think the fact that TT is completing 48% with 2 ints and a fumble with the vanilla portion of the offense - I am not sure what to tell you.

What you are seeing from TT in this easy part of the offense should concern you. If he was just off with his receivers it would be one thing, but he is not making great reads and he is not throwing with anticipation - he is throwing again to guys after they break and present themselves as open.

It was especially clear on the play against Baltimore where TT was hurt. He was in the shotgun (not under center) and took a 3 step drop. There was a pocket around him and you can see Clay break open at the 30 for a first down between the hash and the numbers, but TT does not throw it. Instead he pulls it down and tries to escape the pocket - needless. That play has me more worried than anything because it was early in a game the coaches said they did some game planning for and it was a well designed and set-up play. The only issue is the QB did not pull the trigger and it causes him to take a couple of hits and a slam down that causes additional missed time.

This is the only chance these guys are going to get to be ready to play the NYJs and TT goes 14/29 (48%) with 0 TDs - 2ints and a fumble and the Bills got 3 points in his drives this year. Yes I am scared. I still think you start him if healthy, but man you have to keep the leash short because even though Peterman needs more time - the things he can do have already shown to be better.

Edited by Rochesterfan