• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just posted this is another thread, thought I'd share:

QB (2) - Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman

RB (3) - LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Williams, Mike Tolbert

FB (1) - Patrick DeMarco

WR (7) - Anquan Boldin, Zay Jones, Jordan Mattews, Andre Holmes, Corey Brown, Rod Streater, Brandon Tate

TE (3) - Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas

OT (3) - Cordy Glenn, Jordan Mills, Dion Dawkins

OG (4) - Richie Incognito, John Miller, Michael Ola, Jordan Mudge

C (2) - Eric Wood, Ryan Groy

DE (4) - Shaq Lawson, Jerry Hughes, Eddie Yarbrough, Max Valles

DT (4) - Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Adolphus Washington, Jerel Worthy

LB (7) - Preston Brown, Lorenzo Alexander, Ramon Humber, Gerald Hodges, Reggie Ragland, Tanner Vallejo, Matt Milano

CB (5) - Tre'Davious White, EJ Gaines, Kevon Seymour, Leonard Johnson, Shareece Wright

S (5) - Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Shamiel Gary, Bacarri Rambo, Colt Anderson

K (1) - Steven Hauschka

P (1) - Colton Schmidt

LS (1) - Reid Ferguson

Suspended - Seantrel Henderson, Walter Powell

When Seantrel and Walt return, I would cut Mudge and Holmes. We'd have cut Davis, Ducasse and Holmes for the 3rd round comp pick.

Think Tate has the KR and PR job outright and he will suit up mostly for that purpose, which is why I have 7 WRs on the roster. Don't think they will keep on Banyard or any of those other RBs. From the first preseason game it was clear they intend to use Tolbert as a RB and he looked good.

I question whether Holmes makes it at all depending on the availability of Mathews and Rambo might be on thin ice. Nice work though.

I question whether Holmes makes it at all depending on the availability of Mathews and Rambo might be on thin ice. Nice work though.

Yeah, my line of thinking is that Holmes is a valuable gunner to have on hand at minimum. And we have four games to play before Walt comes back so might as well take the more talented Holmes instead of, say, Rashad Ross or whoever else might be used strictly for teams work. You're saying we would make a play for Ryan Mathews at Holmes' expense? EDIT: realized you're talking about Jordan Matthews. I think Matthews' availability week 1 means little regarding Holmes. Again, mostly due to his value on special teams.

Rambo and the safeties were tough to call. Gary and Rambo are the clear 3 & 4 with Anderson on board exclusively for teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Rambo starts on the 53 and is cut later on, but I'm not projecting the roster based on other teams' cuts or midseason performance, of course.

Edited by Big C

Don't understand some of these projections. The 3-QB scenario is a possibility if Peterman flops these next couple week, but Rashad Ross and Dez Lewis over Philly Brown and Rod Streater? What has Ross shown thus far? I saw plenty of targets to Brown last week and I think he's the better player. I guess in this scenario they don't think Powell comes back and I think they will keep him and he serves as backup KR/PR. Streater has been a camp beast and is also a great gunner. UPDATE: Ross has already been cut.

The depth guys I'm sure can be debated on defense, but Rehkow was a surprising projection because by all accounts Schmidt has been great this camp. I do see the possibility of keeping him because he is a great prospect and emergency kicker. Plus we have him on the cheap for three years. Something to watch, I suppose.

This projection also foregoes the comp pick by only cutting two of the necessary players.

Edited by Big C

Anyone else on here cringing when they look at that LB & Secondary squads after White of course. All I can think about is that scene from Major League where the fans are reading the starting line up in the paper. Who the hell are these guys...

Umm no I'm not. I think both our secondary and LB's will be better than last year. That in my opinion was cringe worthy.

Don't understand some of these projections. The 3-QB scenario is a possibility if Peterman flops these next couple week, but Rashad Ross and Dez Lewis over Philly Brown and Rod Streater? What has Ross shown thus far? I saw plenty of targets to Brown last week and I think he's the better player. I guess in this scenario they don't think Powell comes back and I think they will keep him and he serves as backup KR/PR. Streater has been a camp beast and is also a great gunner. UPDATE: Ross has already been cut.

The depth guys I'm sure can be debated on defense, but Rehkow was a surprising projection because by all accounts Schmidt has been great this camp. I do see the possibility of keeping him because he is a great prospect and emergency kicker. Plus we have him on the cheap for three years. Something to watch, I suppose.

This projection also foregoes the comp pick by only cutting two of the necessary players.

You don't have to cut them right away.

In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1[*], he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team.

QB: Taylor, Peterman

HB: McCoy, Williams, Tolbert

FB: DiMarco

TE: Clay, O'Leary, Thomas

WR: Matthews, Jones, Boldin, Holmes, Streater, Tate

LT: Glenn, Henderson Jefferson

LG: Incognito, Mudge

C: Wood, Groy

RG: Miller, Barton

RT: Mills, Dawkins

DT: Dareus, Williams, Worthy, Washington

DE: Hughes, Lawson, Yarbrough, Davis

ILB: Brown, Ragland

OLB: Alexander, Humber, Hodges, Vallejo, Milano

CB: White, Gaines, Johnson, Seymour, Wright, Sylve

S: Hyde, Poyer, Gary, Anderson

K: Hauschka

P: Schmidt

LS: Ferguson

PS: Johnson (HB), Croom (TE), Shorts (WR), Pyke (OG), Williams (DT), Valles (DE), Lindsey (LB), Logan (LB), Mabin (CB), Powell (S)

PS: Johnson (HB), Croom (TE), Shorts (WR), Pyke (OG), Williams (DT), Valles (DE), Lindsey (LB), Logan (LB), Mabin (CB), Powell (S)

No way Jefferson makes the 53....no way.

Mabin will make the top 53 i think

I also expect 2-5 from other teams cuts

Edited by MAJBobby