Recall comments from McNally about our line...

SDS

He said at the beginning of last season that if he had his way - the line would be reshuffled. However, due to the perception that we could make a playoff run - he had to stick to the current configuration while the potential pieces are in place.

Perhaps, now with JP at the helm, they have just decided to rearrange the deck according to McNally's previous wishes and are now moving forward under his guidance?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said at the beginning of last season that if he had his way - the line would be reshuffled.  However, due to the perception that we could make a playoff run - he had to stick to the current configuration while the potential pieces are in place.

Perhaps, now with JP at the helm, they have just decided to rearrange the deck according to McNally's previous wishes and are now moving forward under his guidance?

260515[/snapback]

So you're saying the coaches don't think we have a shot at the playoffs?

I'm just *really* worried that we'll lost half of our defense the following year :doh:

CW

So you're saying the coaches don't think we have a shot at the playoffs?

I'm just *really* worried that we'll lost half of our defense the following year :doh:

CW

260522[/snapback]

Think of it this way...if we lose them all, we'll have lots of money to spend in free agency...thats what most people here would rather have I think.

He said at the beginning of last season that if he had his way - the line would be reshuffled. However, due to the perception that we could make a playoff run - he had to stick to the current configuration while the potential pieces are in place.

I can't remember if he said how. Was Teague going to be LT and MW LG? Then we'd have Tucker or a pick at C and be short a RT (Shelton?)

Think of it this way...if we lose them all, we'll have lots of money to spend in free agency...thats what most people here would rather have I think.

260531[/snapback]

That's true - and what's funnier about it is the number of people who now want Wahle but had no idea who he was a month ago.

That's true - and what's funnier about it is the number of people who now want Wahle but had no idea who he was a month ago.

260538[/snapback]

Count me as one who had no idea who he was, but not one who is screaming to sign him.

260538[/snapback]

Hey ill admit it, I heard of Wahle's name before but did not know much about his strengths, weaknesses, etc...so I cannot sit here with 100 percent confidence that he would be a great fit or a good sign or not.

I am of the thought that the Bills core is not that old, there really is no reason to panic, there is no window closing on this team or anything like that....

Lets see what TD and the Bills do for the next several weeks and really assess everything at that point.

I am of the thought that the Bills core is not that old, there really is no reason to panic, there is no window closing on this team or anything like that....

Ummm, did you look at what defensive contracts expire after after next season? It's quite the list if I remember correctly.

CW

260538[/snapback]

To be fair, I couldn't name more than 6 or 7 guards in the whole leage...and most of those are in the AFC East. It's not until you have to start doing research on them that guards get any recognition.

I can't remember if he said how.  Was Teague going to be LT and MW LG?  Then we'd have Tucker or a pick at C and be short a RT (Shelton?)

260535[/snapback]

I read the article at the time, but can't find it now. I believe McNally was quoted as saying he'd like to move MW to LT or LG. I thought it was an article from Pro Football Weekly, but I looked through their archives and didn't come up with it.

Ummm, did you look at what defensive contracts expire after after next season?  It's quite the list if I remember correctly.

CW

260546[/snapback]

I agree with you, so then why max out the team's cap in 2005 with players who are not cant-misses when there are more pressing needs to attend to in 2006? Maybe that is part of the thought process.

260538[/snapback]

For the record: I don't know who the !@#$ he is NOW! :doh:

Flashback - to March 2004

" WE MUST HAVE CHRIS BOBER "

" Bober will be our starting Center ! "

" Why isn't Bober here yet ? What's wrong with TD ? "

" Has anyone seen Bober, MY BOY, at the Airport yet ? "

No one knew who the hell this guy was, outside of McNally. Suddenly, many hyped him into a guy we couldn't live without. :doh:

" Bober will be our starting Center !  "

" Why isn't Bober here yet ? What's wrong with TD ?  "

No one knew who the hell this guy was, outside of McNally. Suddenly, many hyped him into a guy we couldn't live without.  :doh:

260568[/snapback]

;):lol::lol::huh:

260538[/snapback]

It's just really hard to judge offensive linemen ourselves unless we have seen a tape or are trying to extrapolate based on the performance of the team's line in general. We pretty much have to go on what is said in the media.

He said at the beginning of last season that if he had his way - the line would be reshuffled.  However, due to the perception that we could make a playoff run - he had to stick to the current configuration while the potential pieces are in place.

260515[/snapback]

That's a great point.

Remember that McNally didn't have a real chance to evaluate players until training camp started. I think he has a good handle on the players at this point. I think you're probably right. The line will be re-shuffled. I bet MW ends up on the left side. He sure does get paid like one.

No one knew who the hell this guy was, outside of McNally. Suddenly, many hyped him into a guy we couldn't live without.  :doh:

260568[/snapback]

Does that change the fact that Bober would have helped the line last year?

It's just really hard to judge offensive linemen ourselves unless we have seen a tape or are trying to extrapolate based on the performance of the team's line in general. We pretty much have to go on what is said in the media.

260578[/snapback]

A good way to judge is figure out who the "STAR" defensive players are and focus on them. If they seem to get shut down watch who was blocking them during a game. Green Bay being on Sunday and Monday night a lot it is pretty easy to watch this happen.

The problem with Green Bay and evaluating Wahle is the teams in that division suck and have some pretty bad defenses so it is tough to evaluate his competition. Hovan is probably the best guy he blocked and Hovan really isn't that good. But Wahle seemed to open holes for Green all year long. But again how will he do in the AFC East again better defenses is a guess. I would say he probably would struggle.

260568[/snapback]

Who's Chris Bober?