Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

"they didn't murder anyone."

Ladies and gentlemen, gatortard.

"they didn't murder anyone"

Perhaps THAT should be the new democrat slogan................ :lol:

The CBS cameraman might take offense to Gator's defense of the Antifa thugs............

DHM8MxGXkAE9iOF.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you live in a city run by !@#$ing idiots and that gives you reason to give me ****. Really?? :rolleyes:

I haven't given you any whatever, whatsoever.

I have responded to your posts, and your posts don't display a knowledge of what happened, before or during.

To your latest, a city is not run by judges. Certainly not this one, but that is another civics class.

What you have stated is condemnation of how this was handled based on an accusation of how the state of Virginia should have learned from Berkeley.

You have absolutely no idea what their strategy was. nor what it was based on. Nothing.

You have no idea how many jurisdictions were involved, state wide, and there were well over ten, probably over twenty.

You, evidently, had no idea that a judge denied the petition to move this to an area that could have allowed authorities to keep the two idiotic groups, determined to incite, away from each other.

If you invite a stranger who is obsessed with hatred to come into your home with an incendiary device, and you then invite someone to join in with a match, and further deny a petition to prevent it, don't scream at the firefighters who try to put out what is inevitably going to happen.

And regarding where I live, the greatest decision I have ever made for my family was to leave the great state of California.

Charlottesville is a tremendous place to live. Named the best place in North America a few years back by some silly survey.

Trouble comes when lunatics use it as a spot to demonstrate their lunacy.

I have responded to your posts, and your posts don't display a knowledge of what happened, before or during.

To your latest, a city is not run by judges. Certainly not this one, but that is another civics class.

What you have stated is condemnation of how this was handled based on an accusation of how the state of Virginia should have learned from Berkeley.

You have absolutely no idea what their strategy was. nor what it was based on. Nothing.

You have no idea how many jurisdictions were involved, state wide, and there were well over ten, probably over twenty.

You, evidently, had no idea that a judge denied the petition to move this to an area that could have allowed authorities to keep the two idiotic groups, determined to incite, away from each other.

If you invite a stranger who is obsessed with hatred to come into your home with an incendiary device, and you then invite someone to join in with a match, and further deny a petition to prevent it, don't scream at the firefighters who try to put out what is inevitably going to happen.

And regarding where I live, the greatest decision I have ever made for my family was to leave the great state of California.

Charlottesville is a tremendous place to live. Named the best place in North America a few years back by some silly survey.

but the police were not ordered to stand down as they had been ordered to do numerous times?

They were in Dallas and Baltimore. I know that to be true. Other cases, Charlotte, Ferguson, etc we can imagine

Well, that's progress I guess...............

Charlotttesville police chief says there were "mutually combative individuals" referring to both sides present at violent protests.

Meanwhile: 39 shootings in Chicago this weekend, 9 deaths. No national media outrage. Why is that?

http://abc7chicago.com/9-dead-30-wounded-in-weekend-shootings-across-chicago/2305976/

I'm not going to get in a pissing match of VA vs CA. But I'll say it again. You're city appears to be run by idiots. The judge denied the petition to move the even to an area that would have prevented the violence so the city leaders decided, for who knows what reason, to go with plan stupid. Now hindsight is 20/20 but you can use others hindsight to make your decision. But hey stick up for you idiot city leaders. Oh and one last thing. Almost every city, county, state and federal leader is an idiot so you're not alone.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match of VA vs CA. But I'll say it again. You're city appears to be run by idiots. The judge denied the petition to move the even to an area that would have prevented the violence so the city leaders decided, for who knows what reason, to go with plan stupid. Now hindsight is 20/20 but you can use others hindsight to make your decision. But hey stick up for you idiot city leaders. Oh and one last thing. Almost every city, county, state and federal leader is an idiot so you're not alone.

I don't think you have any clue to make such claims, but that is normal for folks of your ilk.

Married on Treasure Island, (both Naval Officers), lived and worked in the Bay area for the first few years of our marriage.

My wife ended her nursing career because her income with mine would put us over then 50% state and federal marginal rate with minimal day care, so we decided to leave instead.

Third greatest decision I've ever made.

If you want to throw stones about bad local gov, anyone in California should be the last, but oh well.

I do remember on particularly funny thing though, and you brought up the jurisdiction.

The City Council of Berkeley decided to vote into law an ordinance that would prevent any Berkeley police officer from responding to any violence originating at a protest at UC Berkeley.

Someone had the temerity to ask what would happen if a protest on campus turned violent and lives were at stake.

The city stated they would rely on neighboring municipalities to provide police response.

A day later, those "neighboring municipalities" stated that they would tell the Berkeley City Council to screw themselves, and would not respond.

The rest of the country is quite interested in following legislative and judicial examples from the Golden State.

God Bless.

Edited by sherpa

I don't think you have any clue to make such claims, but that is normal for folks of your ilk.

Married on Treasure Island, (both Naval Officers), lived and worked in the Bay area for the first few years of our marriage.

My wife ended her nursing career because her income with mine would put us over then 50% state and federal marginal rate with minimal day care, so we decided to leave instead.

If you want to throw stones about bad local gov, anyone in California should be the last, but oh well.

I do remember on particularly funny thing though, and you brought up the jurisdiction.

The City Council of Berkeley decided to vote into law an ordinance that would prevent any Berkeley police officer from responding to any violence originating at a protest at UC Berkeley.

Someone had the temerity to ask what would happen if a protest on campus turned violent and lives were at stake.

The city stated they would rely on neighboring municipalities to provide police response.

A day later, those "neighboring municipalities" stated that they would tell the Berkeley City Council to screw themselves, and would not respond.

The rest of the country is quite interested in following legislative and judicial examples from the Golden State.

God Bless.

In your numerous responses you've yet to explain how the Charlottesville gov't didn't screw up the situation.

finally, a sane person in this entirely unnecessary insanity. Charlottesville victim’s mother to Trump: Thank you

Susan Bro provided a moment of extraordinary grace as she mourns the murder of her daughter, Heather Heyer, by trying to heal the divide in the nation after the Charlottesville terrorist attack. While the political debate over Donald Trump’s responses to the violence continues, Bro reached out to thank Trump for his latest statement, which Bro describes as a “comfort.”

Perhaps this could provide a new focus for everyone — a way to reset our attention back on the actual problem, rather than on the quality of rhetorical responses to it. That certainly seems to be what Bro wants:

Susan Bro, mother of Charlottesville attack victim Heather Heyer, thanks Pres. Trump for "denouncing those who promote violence and hatred"

DHNbTIUW0AQssfD.jpg
Edited by B-Man

The killer's mother said she didn't know it was a white nationalist rally. She thought it was a rally for Trump. Well yes it was, and yes it was.

Trump still can't bring himself to call it what it is; "radical domestic terrorism". How can you combat it I you can't even say what it is? I recall someone saying something similar during the election.

In your numerous responses you've yet to explain how the Charlottesville gov't didn't screw up the situation.

What would satisfy you?

I can write about it from its genesis.

A black high school kid said the statue offended her.

Momentum developed to remove the statue and change the name of the park.

Most of us, me included, thought such a thing was stupid.

This is a college town.

For those who have never lived in college towns, they are always a bit weird.

So, by a one vote margin, the city council decided to remove the statue.

No big deal.

Enter the national wacko Nazi white supremacy group and the equally loony left wingers.

Give them a location to face off.

This town did everything possible to prevent it, including losing a court petition to keep them apart.

Bottom line is that there is no possible way to prevent people who are determined to hurt, and driven by hatred, to stop what they are going to do.

Sad as the loss of one life is, and the injuries, this is nowhere near the events of the Rodney King thing in LA, or countless other events.

No property damage. No looting.

Long response shortened,... I am on the opposite side of the political spectrum form the Charlottesville City Council, but they did their absolute best to avoid this.

The killer's mother said she didn't know it was a white nationalist rally. She thought it was a rally for Trump. Well yes it was, and yes it was.

Trump still can't bring himself to call it what it is; "radical domestic terrorism". How can you combat it I you can't even say what it is? I recall someone saying something similar during the election.

did you have a bandana over your face as you typed that?

God Bless.

Folks of my ilk. !@#$ing awesome!! Please fire away and tell us all about people of my ilk? Anyway....that's a very cute story about your life. Thanks for sharing.

Now if you had read my whole post instead of hitting "Quote" you would have noticed that I threw stones and every layer of government out there and the city of Bezerkeley leads the way.

Yes, since you dismiss the thought that city govt botched the situation.

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you want to ask a question on a message board, it saves time if you ask the question and indicate who it might be directed at.

To answer your question, the city tried to move the event to an area that would make it much easier to control.

That petition was opposed by the ACLU and the Rutherford Institute and struck down on Friday, the day before the event.

I am unaware of any "stand down" orders from the scores of law enforcement jurisdictions, (probably over 20), from what I saw.

No...no they didn't.

Gross ignorance.

Other than walking up the Marshall Law ladder, your post demonstrates ignorance.