RODAK: Watkins Trade Sets Up TT To Fail

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this is just literally a sink or swim season for Taylor.

Maybe McDermott is thinking that Watkins was too injury prone anyway and we could have gotten something for him, but if he was healthy he was going to be too much of a crutch to really evaluate if Taylor could be the long term answer.

Now that he's gone, if Taylor plays really well, there aren't going to be too many questions.

It definitely is a sink or swim season for him. But they are trying to force a square peg in a round hole. Sammy is the only wr who keeps the defense honest. We might have the slowest wr core in the NFL. Tyrod throws a really good deep pass. Also, Tyrod is great at running. Well with slower WRs, that means more defenders are closer to the line of scrimmage and hurt that ability to run.

I didn't want them to re-sign Tyrod and I wanted to draft a guy. But they did re-sign him and now took away his one elite pass catcher. Terrible.

Our receiving core is still better then last year (given Watkins injury)

But it's not Woods and Watkins.

As it's been said numerous times TT seems to only perform well with Woods and Watkins in the lineup at the same time. What is TT going to do?

I just cant believe *I* am the voice of reason around here. :unsure:

the Apocalypse is upon us!

As it's been said numerous times TT seems to only perform well with Woods and Watkins in the lineup at the same time. What is TT going to do?

He is only truly accurate with the long ball. That doesn't translate well to the WCO, no matter what anyone says. Tyron is a middling starting QB, enhanced by his 'wheels'. Most QB's entering the League these days are dangerous runners. I think it's unlikely he'll be a Bill in '18.

Throw to Shady

Throw to Boldin

Throw to Matthews

Throw to Clay

Throw to Zay

But if TT fails, don't worry let's blame this trade - absolute ridiculousness there is tons of talent for him to be effective if he is not its only his fault

Edited by Strethor

How can anyone not agree with this? I'm not a TT fan but they completely screwed him. All last year, Tyrod defenders said there wasn't enough talent at wr. Well, Sammy finally looked healthy and good & we had a solid group. Now we essentially have a bunch of Robert Woods' WRs.

Tyrod is one of the worst passing starting qbs and we just took away the one person who scared defenses in the passing game. We have no speed for a qb whose best throws are deep passes.

Correct. They just killed Tyrod's career and my concern is they may not even know it - they may genuinely believe this could work.

Think about how terrifying that is.

Could it be because they were his two best receivers-like any other teams QB would be in the same situation?

Watkins will eat for the next decade

Trust the process though lol !

Kinda worked for the 76ers.

Now your a Rams fan. SMH