Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Oh, even in his so called mediocrity, taylor might be more rare than Sammy in his skill set. Hopefully he puts even more of it together.

Sometimes it's good to step back from the super fan ledge and simply appreciate that it's a pretty cool game with freaks of nature doing amazing things. Being a saints season ticket holder it's great seeing guys like drew, or cam or Julio jones in person and have some rooting interest but also just enjoy the game

Tyrod Taylor definitely has some rare skills. He's an entertaining guy to watch, and frustrating at times. He does struggle with a few things that unfortunately are critical to playing this game at the elite level for QBs. That may ultimately make him a mediocre starting NFL QB but he is an elite athlete.

Tyrod Taylor definitely has some rare skills. He's an entertaining guy to watch, and frustrating at times. He does struggle with a few things that unfortunately are critical to playing this game at the elite level for QBs. That may ultimately make him a mediocre starting NFL QB but he is an elite athlete.

It's a neglected perspective sometimes. Really when we trash most of these guys it ends up looking silly when you step back. Tyrods not a complete qb but he sure is an entertaining athlete

It's a neglected perspective sometimes. Really when we trash most of these guys it ends up looking silly when you step back. Tyrods not a complete qb but he sure is an entertaining athlete

The mistake that many people make when discussing TT is that those who don't believe he is a franchise qb are too often described as being blinded to what he can do well. In my mind he will never be well rounded enough of a qb to build around. However, that doesn't mean that his unique skills as a runner and deep passer should be ignored. TT is a terrific athlete and he throws a beautiful long ball. There is a role for him as a backup and as a qb who can spark a team when it is struggling.

I'm glad that he is on our roster. Compared to what we have had he is a gem. But his limitations are so intrinsic to him that he could never become a well versed starting qb that would allow your team to become a serious team. As it stands he is an adequate bridge qb who is worth the price of his contract. Those people who are waiting for him to break out and flourish as a qb are letting their hearts rule their mind.

Too bad we just traded away our only deep threat.

Don't be so morose. The sun will still daily rise.

If these deals better position this franchise to get a franchise qb and add more talent then they are the right moves.

Too long this failed franchise and different front offices have acted in a short term tactical manner. Now it appears that it is acting in a more strategic and thoughtful manner. While you may lament what is happening I celebrate it. Building a roster is more than adding individual players. It is about a more cohesive unit.

Career YPC:

Streater - 13.8

Watkins - 16.1

Matthews - 11.9

Jones (college) - 10.7

It's about more than straight-line speed whilst wearing underwear and running against air.

Pretty obvious. Not to mention precise route running, hands, body control, and a number of other factors that make for success at the NFL level.

Let me know when they measure 40 times against an opposing DB that you have to gain separation from in an actual NFL game.

Does this mean you don't view the 40 as an effective way to measure speed?

Obviously the guys have to be able to play, too, but Matthews has already shown he can, Streater had a good camp, and Jones was the most productive WR in college football the past 4 years.

Obviously the guys have to be able to play, too, but Matthews has already shown he can, Streater had a good camp, and Jones was the most productive WR in college football the past 4 years.

Matthews is a proven and productive NFL WR from the slot. How good will he be against better CBs on the outside is a question mark. Streater? Please man. He's nothing more than a training camp hero at this juncture. Zay Jones is promising no doubt, but he's also unproven at the NFL level and I have no idea if he's ready to consistently win against #1 CBs.

This is the one that I always think of when it comes to Sammy displaying both elite traits:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/916060-video-sammy-watkins-burns-former-college-teammate-bashaud-breeland-for-td

One step and he's gone, then he tracks the ball perfectly.

Roasted him! It was over at step one as you intimated.

This is the one that I always think of when it comes to Sammy displaying both elite traits:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/916060-video-sammy-watkins-burns-former-college-teammate-bashaud-breeland-for-td

One step and he's gone, then he tracks the ball perfectly.

The man is absolutely special.

I wish he had gone to a better situation, I'd like to see him fulfill his potential. Not sure he will with the Rams

The man is absolutely special.

I wish he had gone to a better situation, I'd like to see him fulfill his potential. Not sure he will with the Rams

The Rams better hope like hell they didn't Goof with Goff especially if Wentz turns out to be the far better QB.

At 61″, 211-pounds, Watkins ran a 4.43 40-yard dash (85th percentile) posting a 109.6 speed score (89th percentile), per playerprofiler.com.

At 63″, 212-pounds, Matthews ran a 4.46 40-yard dash (76th percentile) posting a 110.1 speed score (90th percentile), per playerprofiler.com.

J-Matt recorded a higher agility score and a much higher catch radius (10.19 vs. 9.97) than Watkins, while the two receivers have nearly identical burst scores. J-Matt also has a 123.3 Nike SPARQ-x score (combination of speed, power, agility, reaction, and quickness) which is in the elite 91st percentile.

Watkins SPARQ-x score is 109.3, in the 61st percentile.

So to recap, J-Matt has achieved better production in the NFL over the past three seasons, stayed healthier, and is more athletic than Watkins.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/mccoy-wrong-watkins-matthews/

Let me know when they measure 40 times against an opposing DB that you have to gain separation from in an actual NFL game.

stats. They mean absolutely nothing ... Until they do.

Yep, the nonsense of what stats mean to some people.