Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 1/30/2019 at 6:52 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Postmodern Jukebox featuring the incomparable Morgan James. And to think that this song once belonged to Aerosmith.

I have no problem when an artist can put a different spin on a classic and people like it.

But "once belonged to Aerosmith." is disrespectful to any original artist who had their music covered. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Outstanding. I came across this band/song from the Repo Man movie and soundtrack, both of which are phenomenal:

awesome movie with a great punk soundtrack!

All I wanted was a Pepsi!  And She wouldn't give it to me

39 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is that Pete Townshend? Me and my father in law got Who tickets for citizens bank park in May.

Yep. German public television had (and probably still has) a show called "Rockpalast" (= "rock palace") where they presented a one-hour concert, mostly by famous and semi-famous British and American bands, in front of a live audience in a TV studio. Several times during a year they had concerts in a larger setting, featuring 2-3 bands. At that time, in Germany the TV sound was pretty atrocious; thus, these concerts were broadcast in parallel on FM radio, in excellent quality. One of these concerts (probably the one with the most famous bands), in 1981, had first the Who and then the Grateful Dead. Townshend jammed with the Dead for a few songs. It was hilarious to see the contrast between his very energetic style of playing (or at least, his attempts to jump around) and the much more relaxed style of the Dead.  

Edited by DrW
  • Thank you (+1) 1