NFL Willing to Work with Players on MJ for Pain Management

If you are going to legalize drugs, you should legalize killing drug dealers.

How's it fair that someone gets to hook my kid, or my family, on drugs, and then run and hide behind the police from me? Drug dealer gets rich today. I spend 50 years, the rest of my life, dealing with relapses, and the health effects of drug use like heart attack and stroke.

Punk moves like that sound like how the Patriots play football.

I like the cut of your jib

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's it fair that someone gets to hook my kid, or my family, on drugs, and then run and hide behind the police from me? Drug dealer gets rich today. I spend 50 years, the rest of my life, dealing with relapses, and the health effects of drug use like heart attack and stroke.

Seems a bit extreme....especially for pot.

You gonna kill Anheuser Busch and the Coors guy too ? Edited by Maury Ballstein

For anyone has indulged on the medical side, has a MJ doctor ever "prescribed" a dosage to you?

From folks I've talked to, that's nothing that they have ever brought up.

Every medical prescription I've ever had was followed with precise requirements on time, duration, dosage amounts and limits. I could see that be a major hurdle if that is they really want this to be cleared for medical use.

I've only indulged on the retail side and have clueless on how the medical process works.

For anyone has indulged on the medical side, has a MJ doctor ever "prescribed" a dosage to you?

From folks I've talked to, that's nothing that they have ever brought up.

Every medical prescription I've ever had was followed with precise requirements on time, duration, dosage amounts and limits. I could see that be a major hurdle if that is they really want this to be cleared for medical use.

I've only indulged on the retail side and have clueless on how the medical process works.

Doctors are not allowed to prescribe marijuana. They can recommend it. In states with medical cards your doctor writes a recommendation and the state board approves it.

As for how much, you start low and do as much as you need to get relief.

Doctors are not allowed to prescribe marijuana. They can recommend it. In states with medical cards your doctor writes a recommendation and the state board approves it.

As for how much, you start low and do as much as you need to get relief.

Yes, that is what I'm getting at, to the best of my knowledge, there is no standard.

I do think that having some guidelines in place would help, medicine is not a "do as much as you need" practice.

Even the fruit gummy vitamins in my pantry have dosage requirements.

There is a massive difference in the effects from a ~10mg joint and a 500mg candy bar with 50mg pieces. I'm way behind on how the experience changes when dabbing or patching.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Yes, that is what I'm getting at, to the best of my knowledge, there is no standard.

I do think that having some guidelines in place would help, medicine is not a "do as much as you need" practice.

Even the fruit gummy vitamins in my pantry have dosage requirements.

There is a massive difference in the effects from a ~10mg joint and a 500mg candy bar with 50mg pieces. I'm way behind on how the experience changes when dabbing or patching.

Again, thanks to federal law, a doctor can't tel you how much to do (officially.) It's not that hard to figure out, EC. Day one. Take one small puff. How do you feel? Tomorrow take two small puffs. How does that feel? You almost have to do it this way because the effect is different with each person. Some need a little, others more. It's no different than a prescription bottle of Oxy saying "take as needed for pain."

Some states with medicinal dispensaries do offer edibles with a set amount of THC in mg's per dose. I never heard of dabbing or patching, but with edibles the "buzz curve" is slower and lasts a bit longer than smoking.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Again, thanks to federal law, a doctor can't tel you how much to do (officially.) It's not that hard to figure out, EC. Day one. Take one small puff. How do you feel? Tomorrow take two small puffs. How does that feel? You almost have to do it this way because the effect is different with each person. Some need a little, others more. It's no different than a prescription bottle of Oxy saying "take as needed for pain."

Some states with medicinal dispensaries do offer edibles with a set amount of THC in mg's per dose. I never heard of dabbing or patching, but with edibles the "buzz curve" is slower and lasts a bit longer than smoking.

I think we're on two different pages. I'm talking more about legalization and what I think medical marijuana would need to look like, from a regulation standpoint, to get widespread support, not a "How much weed should I smoke? I think it's well established that you don't eat a big chunk of a 300mg candy bar on day one, unless you want your hotel bed to resemble a magic carpet flying through Arabia for 24+ hours. Most people here aren't that naive.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Someone pack grandpa promo a dab

C'mon Sig. That's the same lame argument they use against gay marriage.

Marijuana is not at the level of coke or meth or other more dangerous drugs. The only reason it's even on Schedule I is because of Nixon targeted pot smoking college kids when they were protesting the Vietnam War.

So, we just keep redrawing the line under the guise of medicine and tax dollars? I have no issue with true medical mj. But, that needs to be taken in a medicinal form with medicinal strains. The fact that the recreational movement needs to conceal their true motives behind the legitimacy of medical mj is extremely bothersome to me.

So, we just keep redrawing the line under the guise of medicine and tax dollars? I have no issue with true medical mj. But, that needs to be taken in a medicinal form with medicinal strains. The fact that the recreational movement needs to conceal their true motives behind the legitimacy of medical mj is extremely bothersome to me.

I'm sure you would have been just as upset at the movement to end alcohol prohibition

It's obvious that you and others see marijuana as some dangerous scourge because that's all you ever heard about it. It's a drug. It's illegal. Just say no. It's hard to accept it's not the menace you thought it was.

It's obvious that you and others see marijuana as some dangerous scourge because that's all you ever heard about it. It's a drug. It's illegal. Just say no. It's hard to accept it's not the menace you thought it was.

The thing that really blows my mind is we know how much more dangerous alcohol and prescription drugs are....that's acceptable for whatever reason.

The thing that really blows my mind is we know how much more dangerous alcohol and prescription drugs are....that's acceptable for whatever reason.

i absolutely love drinking, but alcohol is so much more damaging that pot could ever be.

If it wasn't for the lobby dollars of big pharma and the alcohol companies I think it would have been legalized a long time ago. I would include tobacco but I think that they own some sort of patent for it when it becomes legal everywhere. I might be wrong though.

I get the argument that their motives aren't 100% medicinal driven. Who cares? It does neither side any good to have guys out for pot. It makes them both look bad. Other leagues have taken that stance much more proactively than the NFL (shocking). They will use the medicinal reason to sell it to the skeptics even if that's only a part of the motivaton.

I like Irish Whiskey and Sam Adams Summer variety 12 pack.

What does Teef like?

i'm a dirty vodka martini guy, and i'm not gonna lie...when it comes to beer i like the cheap, light stuff. especially if i'm drinking for a period of time. i do like the sams summer pack, and i tend to like anything saranac puts out. my wife drinks white wine, so i've been known to dabble.

Yeah, my life would change quite a bit more if alcohol disappeared than if marijuana did but alcohol is still much more damaging.

i'm right there with ya.

i'm a dirty vodka martini guy, and i'm not gonna lie...when it comes to beer i like the cheap, light stuff. especially if i'm drinking for a period of time. i do like the sams summer pack, and i tend to like anything saranac puts out. my wife drinks white wine, so i've been known to dabble.

i'm right there with ya.

Are you drinking cheap beer because your property taxes are so high? Also, is the vodka in a plastic bottle that you're drinking?

Are you drinking cheap beer because your property taxes are so high? Also, is the vodka in a plastic bottle that you're drinking?

the vodka is good, and i mostly drink the cheap stuff because i can pack it in and not turn into a raving scumbag.

if you can guess what i pay in taxes per month in one try, i'll send you a signed stevie johnson football.