The Tyrod Taylor Question

first of all, thank you for this.

i can't tell you how many times guys like Shaw and others would tell me when i said this, that i didn't know what i was talking about because i wasn't a head coach and didn't know how to watch the all 22's. i guess that shoots their theories all to hell. it is plainly evident that Tyrod just doesn't see things very well. i think he sees them, he just doesn't process what he sees as it is all happening way too fast for him. if anyone thinks that after 6 years in the NFL that he is going to change and make the transition... well. i simply do not know what to tell you. me thinks you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about.

I said and have been saying this about Tyrod the last 2 years. I was always told the WR were terrible last year and weren't open...the All 22 isn't evidence any WR is open etc....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax old guy. Jus turnin the tables. I dont even disagree with em. Jus thought it was a shtty way of saying it.

:lol:

I said and have been saying this about Tyrod the last 2 years. I was always told the WR were terrible last year and weren't open...the All 22 isn't evidence any WR is open etc....

Yup, same here.

Blind followers is how the CoT got started.

I'm sorry this had to happen to you.

What's that?

If Peterman can develop into a good backup it would be great, anymore is wishful thinking at this early stage.

Agreed

Ha, doesn't speak much for TT then as Peterman is already better.

Other than long ball and scrambling name something TT is better at than NP? Remember this is a 7 year vet vs a true rookie.

Peterman is already better????

More hot takes from OS!!! :doh:

i can't tell you how many times guys like Shaw and others would tell me when i said this, that i didn't know what i was talking about because i wasn't a head coach and didn't know how to watch the all 22's. i guess that shoots their theories all to hell. it is plainly evident that Tyrod just doesn't see things very well. i think he sees them, he just doesn't process what he sees as it is all happening way too fast for him. if anyone thinks that after 6 years in the NFL that he is going to change and make the transition... well. i simply do not know what to tell you. me thinks you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Are you guys really taking a victory lap right now over a single anonymous quote from a guy who, despite saying almost nothing positive, still puts him in tier 3?

On a side note, what is tier 3? 0:)

I used to love that...'you don't know the playcall so you can't say he missed the open guy'...christ that was annoying.

Hot takes like you proclaiming TT is HOF worthy if he maintained his 2015 pace. Whatever! :w00t:

That's not a Hot Take and it's really not something I'm remotely backtracking on.

I said, as it was, that if Taylor maintained his game by game production for an entire career that those would be the numbers of a QB worthy of the HOF.

I said, as it was, that 2015 was actually quite an exceptional year for a 1st year starting QB production was in terms, especially, of efficiency.

And I said (and I love that this part always gets left out) that Taylor was likely going to drop in terms of that production and efficiency in his 2nd year, but that if he could somehow maintain it or even improve, we would have our answer at QB.

He didn't. And it doesn't look like we do. Though he has one more year to pull off an exceptional year trying to prove that notion incorrect.

Are you guys really taking a victory lap right now over a single anonymous quote from a guy who, despite saying almost nothing positive, still puts him in tier 3?

On a side note, what is tier 3? 0:)

He isn't the only person who has watched film on him and they all have similar reports.

It goes Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, then Tier 4.....he also said without McCoy, he probably would drop Taylor to Tier 4. That's not a promotion.

He isn't the only person who has watched film on him and they all have similar reports.

It goes Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, then Tier 4.....he also said without McCoy, he probably would drop Taylor to Tier 4. That's not a promotion.

Different guys said those things, fwiw. There were quotes from 4 or 5 different people in that article.

My main concern remains the same as it did past last offseason

- Does Dennison understand that Tyrod is not a prototypical pocket passing qb and know that he has to throw wrinkles into the offensive system to take advantage of his special capabilities.

- For instance.....that drop that was too shallow where his pass got batted (and shady didnt step up in pass protection) was good example of why you cant just force TT to stay in the pocket. One of the things that makes TT special is his ability to hurt a defense when they DO blitz....and that is what slows down their all out blitz schemes that you would see against a pocket passer in our offense.

Im not saying TT is gonna be the answer....Im saying lets wait and see what the regular season brings

- Does Dennison understand that Tyrod is not a prototypical pocket passing qb and know that he has to throw wrinkles into the offensive system to take advantage of his special capabilities.

- For instance.....that drop that was too shallow where his pass got batted (and shady didnt step up in pass protection) was good example of why you cant just force TT to stay in the pocket. One of the things that makes TT special is his ability to hurt a defense when they DO blitz....and that is what slows down their all out blitz schemes that you would see against a pocket passer in our offense.

Im not saying TT is gonna be the answer....Im saying lets wait and see what the regular season brings

He knows:

@MatthewFairburn

Asked how much of the offense he's keeping under wraps in the preseason, Bills OC Rick Dennison said, "I'm not at liberty to say."

Just a guess but I'd say he understands, what with being an NFL offensive coordinator and all.

Come on man! The obvious answer is opposing defenses.

More specifically, I want to know what his favorite cereal is. This could be a good report on the official site.

My guess is he keeps it healthy; probably bran flakes. I bet Dareus goes hard with the Golden Grahams, though.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

More specifically, I want to know what his favorite cereal is. This could be a good report on the official site.

My guess is he keeps it healthy; probably brain flakes. I bet Dareus goes hard with the Golden Grahams, though.

Brain flakes do provide a good amount of fiber. Taylor looks like a guy who has a healthy bowel movement cycle.

Except you're leaving out the fact that there's a Tier 5.

And there were only 5 QBs in tier 1.

Were you just guessing with this statement?

In other words, from the sounds of it, Tier 3 is an average NFL QB, or a "middle of the road" QB.

If anyone has Insider it'd be nice to read the description of each tier.

One more page to go!!!!