Vince Young cut (update: and complaining)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz and Vince are polar opposites. Fitz was a 7th round pick with average athleticism. Most people with his natural talent level would not make it past a training camp, but he worked hard enough to have an over 10 year career as a stop gap starter/backup.

On the other side, Vince Young had the talent to be a franchise quarterback for years but could not keep his head on straight. As a result, he was pretty much out of football within 5 years. His attitude and work ethic have help him back.

Vince was wrong to make that statement.

Someone might want to remind Vince that he has a higher career interception percentage than Fitz does.

The numbers don't lie. :thumbsup:

@SInow

Still Invinceable? Vince Young opens up to SI on his NFL flameout, CFL comeback and more. Full story 27a1.pnghttp://on.si.com/2tgvkBu

@ESPNNFL

VY not holding back. (via @espn) http://es.pn/2tTpvXZ

DDWS1DXW0AA2d_t.jpg

@PaulHembo

Paul Hembekides Retweeted NFL on ESPN

Career TD-Int in NFL: - Ryan Fitzpatrick (166-133) - Vince Young (46-51)

Fitz doesn't throw his shoulder pads in the stands, doesn't get in verbal confrontations with his HC, doesn't break team rules, doesn't get in bar fights etc...

Fitz can also at least be a mentor for young QB's.

If VY had an attitude like Fitz, he would be on an NFL roster. EJ Manuel is terrible too but has a good attitude and will probably be on an NFL roster as a back up for the next 10 years.

I find these statements by former dumpster fire athletes hilarious. Young's career numbers were not even as good as Fitzpatrick's. He hasn't played in an NFL game in 6 years. What basis does he have to even make they type of statements that he's making? To boot, he's dumber than a stump and immature. At a minimum, Fitzpatrick is neither of those things. I someone pity the career morons, but only somewhat.

Fitz doesn't throw his shoulder pads in the stands, doesn't get in verbal confrontations with his HC, doesn't break team rules, doesn't get in bar fights etc...

Fitz can also at least be a mentor for young QB's.

If VY had an attitude like Fitz, he would be on an NFL roster. EJ Manuel is terrible too but has a good attitude and will probably be on an NFL roster as a back up for the next 10 years.

VY sucks and he's really dumb. He's the exact opposite of what you want in backup. He deserves to be out of the NFL.

He sums up a lot of what is wrong with our society. People who are handed everything, suck at their jobs, & then blame everyone else for why they failed. Maybe he can blame Fitz and Fisher for making him bankrupt next.

The thing is, with his "point" are 3 fingers aimed back at him. What does it say about HIM that no team in the NFL is interested in him, but Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert, and Brock Osweiler still have work?

Well, yes. But you've never been cut from a team that Fitzpatrick stayed playing for that season. It's not a good look.

I imagine it cuts even worse that Young wasted his money, declared bankruptcy, and needs to work a job to support his family while Fitz has no doubt invested decently and his family is set for life.

well. When you speak as poorly as he did it is clear he has no education or intelligence. Young is just another football player who burned thru his money

well. When you speak as poorly as he did it is clear he has no education or intelligence. Young is just another football player who burned thru his money

And you could respect him more if he said he didn't work hard enough and wasn't good enough. Instead he has to take stupid shots at a 7th round pick who was a better qb than him.

And you could respect him more if he said he didn't work hard enough and wasn't good enough. Instead he has to take stupid shots at a 7th round pick who was a better qb than him.

I tell this to everyone I hire. Effort will get you places.

I tell this to everyone I hire. Effort will get you places.

I agree though VY was probably to dumb to ever be a successful NFL qb. He also had one of the weirdest throwing motions I have seen. Hopefully, him and Johnny Hobbit will talk about how great they were in college and how the NFL screwed them.

They are varying degrees of suck. Bottom line is they both stink.

Your letting your Bills love could your judgment. Fitz has had one of the most successful careers of any 7th round pick.

Bills love has nothing to do with it. Fitz has stunk it up in every venue he's been at with him ultimately being released each time. The fact that he hangs on has more to do with the dearth of quality QBs in the league more than anything else. He's made a good career for himself, but let's not pretend he's more than what he is......A lousy NFL QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Guest NeckBeard

I still remember a column, in the Buffalo News, from Sully (I think it was Sully), who told readers that the Bills needed to draft a guy like VY so that they could complete at "that level", or something like that. Excellent analysis, BN, and thank goodness the Bills consulted you before every draft (irony strongly implied).

I still remember a column, in the Buffalo News, from Sully (I think it was Sully), who told readers that the Bills needed to draft a guy like VY so that they could complete at "that level", or something like that. Excellent analysis, BN, and thank goodness the Bills consulted you before every draft (irony strongly implied).

1) Sully sucks and I wish he got called out more for terrible takes.

2). VY was a great college qb. But he is probably one of the dumbest qbs ever.

Career TD-Int in NFL: - Ryan Fitzpatrick (166-133) - Vince Young (46-51)

At VY's interception rate, if he had 166 TDs like Fitz, he would have had 184 interceptions...51 more INTs than Fitz. If you're going to call someone out for something (as a reason why you should be playing over them), you should at least be able to demonstrate that you are better than that person in that particular stat.

At VY's interception rate, if he had 166 TDs like Fitz, he would have had 184 interceptions...51 more INTs than Fitz. If you're going to call someone out for something (as a reason why you should be playing over them), you should at least be able to demonstrate that you are better than that person in that particular stat.

He's a moron who doesn't think.