Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

And yet the WR picked the team with the better QB. Just like you said.

Well, what we know for sure is he chose the deal the Ravens offered. We don't know WHY he chose that. No pretending we know the why...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maclin never said that. I never said that.

n 2015 and 2016 combined, Joe Flacco has completed 64.7% of his passes. Tyrod Taylor has completed 62.6% of his. That’s the only passing statistic in which Flacco > Tyrod since the latter became Buffalo’s starter.

Tyrod has a better:

• TD %
  • INT %
  • Yards Per Attempt
  • Yards Per Completion
  • Adjusted Yards Per Attempt
  • QB Rating
  • Pro Football Focus QB Rating
  • ESPN QBR
  • Football Outsiders DVOA

Flacco has thrown the football more often than Tyrod, which has led to higher passing-yard totals. And, yes, the current Ravens quarterback can flash a Super Bowl ring. But as it stands today, Tyrod is a more efficient signal-caller. And most wide receivers consider quarterback quality when deciding which team to join.

and they were 8-8 and the Bills were 7-9. Both teams have about the same record the last four years.

Got you, fam.

Got you, fam.

Got yourself, fam. That article is about TT being better than Flacco. This is why it helps to know the facts before jumping on board a crusade bandwagon.

Maclin didn't choose Baltimore because Flacco is a better QB. He chose Baltimore, in part, because Flacco is a higher volume QB and Maclin will be the #1 WR there. Other considerations: his wife being from Baltimore, better contract offer.

Edited by MPT

Got you, fam.

Like I said, it posted actual stats that favor TT over Flacco at this stage, and you never answered any of it. Nor did you answer as to why both organizations have the same record the last four seasons.

The article said that, I didn't. And the article was showing TT the better QB out of the two, anyways. Maclin never said this.

What article?

And if TT is the better QB, it sounds like someone should get on the horn with Maclin. He doesn't seem to think so.

That it only was between Baltimore and Phily tells me the wife made the decision. I can buy going to Baltimore because of Flacco/they won a SB within the past 5 years, but it doesn't wash for Phily.

Got yourself, fam. That article is about TT being better than Flacco. This is why it helps to know the facts before jumping on board a crusade bandwagon.

Maclin didn't choose Baltimore because Flacco is a better QB. He chose Baltimore, in part, because he is a higher volume QB and he will be the #1 WR. Other considerations: his wife being from Baltimore, better contract offer.

Yep.

Maclin didn't choose Baltimore because Flacco is a better QB. He chose Baltimore, in part, because he is a higher volume QB and he will be the #1 WR. Other considerations: his wife being from Baltimore, better contract offer.

Know "the facts" and then you just blatantly pass off your speculation as facts?

What article?

And if TT is the better QB, it sounds like someone should get on the horn with Maclin. He doesn't seem to think so.

What article, You just reposted it with all of the stats. I didn't write that. Holy cow.

What article, You just reposted it with all of the stats. I didn't write that. Holy cow.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/8/15761568/jeremy-maclin-should-sign-buffalo-bills-not-baltimore-ravens-lesean-mccoy-tyrod-taylor

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/6/8/15761568/jeremy-maclin-should-sign-buffalo-bills-not-baltimore-ravens-lesean-mccoy-tyrod-taylor

You didn't link anything? I don't read every fan-written rag on the internet and then cross-reference it to see if it's just a bad article or bad message board analysis.

Either way, the base assumption of that "article" was clearly flawed, and if you agree with it, your opinion is equally flawed.

Speculation based on facts is valuable. Speculation based on bias is not.

Speculation based on facts aren't facts.

Lots of learning is being had today. This is good.

You didn't link anything? I don't read every fan-written rag on the internet and then cross-reference it to see if it's just a bad article or bad message board analysis.

Either way, the base assumption of that "article" was clearly flawed, and if you agree with it, your opinion is equally flawed.

Those stats are real. get that through your biased head.

Speculation based on facts aren't facts.

Lots of learning is being had today. This is good.

TT has been the better QB overall the last two seasons. Why Maclin chose the Ravens, he has not come out and stated. The Ravens have been a .500 team, like the Bills of late. Maclins wife is from baltimore. The Ravens offered him a multi year contract, which is what he wanted.

My boy J-Mac would rather play with Flacco. True or false?

Ask him.

TT has been the better QB overall the last two seasons. Why Maclin chose the Ravens, he has not come out and stated. The Ravens have been a .500 team, like the Bills of late. Maclins wife is from baltimore. The Ravens offered him a multi year contract, which is what he wanted.

Ask him.

Actions speak louder than words.