Rod Watson, A Modest Proposal

Here’s a modest proposal for Western New York agencies trying to figure out where to slash aid if Donald Trump’s budgetary assault on the working class is successful: Ask potential aid recipients if they voted for the president, and only serve those who answer "no."

After all, Trump supporters are getting just what they voted for, and people who get what they want have no complaint.

The savings could help People Inc., Erie County’s food stamp office, the Social Security disability office and other such programs reallocate enough money so that the deserving poor would not have to suffer because of the electoral lunacy of an almost-majority.

A Buffalo News analysis showed just what’s at stake here if Trump were to get his way: The food stamp program that 150,000 Erie County residents rely on would be slashed by 29 percent, heating aid for 105,000 families in Erie and Niagara counties would be eliminated, and money for public housing would be cut by 17 percent.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/01/you-voted-for-trump-step-out-of-the-aid-line/

I see. The "deserving poor" are the people who didn't vote for Trump.

How can those people vote for Trump then barge their way in to take as much as they can take? Are not elections suppose to have consequences?

Lets see,

a 'proposal' that doesn't solve anything, impossible to implement, and hurts more than it helps ?

(not to mention, only impresses the weak-minded)

I think that we have confused the term Modest with

grand·stand
ˈɡran(d)ˌstand/
verb
derogatory
gerund or present participle: grandstanding
  1. seek to attract applause or favorable attention from spectators or the media.

How can those people vote for Trump then barge their way in to take as much as they can take? Are not elections suppose to have consequences?

You're absolutely right that elections have consequences and those consequences should apply to all equally.

Lets see,

a 'proposal' that doesn't solve anything, impossible to implement, and hurts more than it helps ?

(not to mention, only impresses the weak-minded)

I think that we have confused the term Modest with

grand·stand
ˈɡran(d)ˌstand/
verb
derogatory
gerund or present participle: grandstanding
  1. seek to attract applause or favorable attention from spectators or the media.

You just described the entire Trump campaign. Congratulations! You get it. I mean that's kind of the point. There might be hope for you

You're absolutely right that elections have consequences and those consequences should apply to all equally.

Rich and poor?

Are the usual demographics of concern by the MSM for "pity these people" getting upset at all the West Virginia stories coming out about poor white folk and opiate addictions?

the last modest proposal i read suggested a market of butchering and selling the infants of the poor to end starvation

i trust the author was being ironic and sardonic

Careful, you're going to give the anti-Planned Parenthood conspiracy theorists another excuse to create doctored videos.

Corrected from the article: "because of the electoral lunacy of an almost-majority plurality".

Careful, you're going to give the anti-Planned Parenthood conspiracy theorists another excuse to create doctored videos.

Corrected from the article: "because of the electoral lunacy of an almost-majority plurality".

Checking...checking...yep, your inexplicable and disturbing Oedipal crush still lost to a candied yam, Joe.

the last modest proposal i read suggested a market of butchering and selling the infants of the poor to end starvation

i trust the author was being ironic and sardonic

I'm going to suggest neither the author nor the dunce who started this thread have any idea what the hell you're talking about.

I'm sure they both think Jonathan Swift is Taylor's dad.

Question: if the videos are doctored, why did Kamala Harris invade the videogrpapher's house and destroy everything he had? Why not release the proof of the doctoring?

We'll wait for an answer.

i give out my tidbits of wisdom and sometimes people get them, LABF...

DCTom, don't forget Oedipus still managed to make it to Colonus...

Edited by row_33

At first glance I thought this thread was about Rod Woodson

I have a modest proposal of my own. Identify those who threatened to leave the country if Trump won and limit their services as they do not want to be here. Further, identify the F-the-Poe-leece crowd and limit their police support

Sounds like a two state solution to me.

If you want to live in Hillarystag, put on a blue shirt and go stand over there. If you want to live in the Trumpreich, wear red and stand over there. Like the makings of a dr Seuss book.

At first glance I thought this thread was about Rod Woodson

I have a modest proposal of my own. Identify those who threatened to leave the country if Trump won and limit their services as they do not want to be here. Further, identify the F-the-Poe-leece crowd and limit their police support

I'm sure all the wife beaters would love that

That's now how politics works. Both sides try this crap. "Well let his VOTERS foot the bill since they're the ones who wanted it!" "If you're pro-life you should have to be a foster parent." "Let the pro-immigration people house all the immigrants." Welcome to a compromised society. We're all in this together.

i give out my tidbits of wisdom and sometimes people get them, LABF...

DCTom, don't forget Oedipus still managed to make it to Colonus...

That's sorta sick. I thought a guy who would Oedipus would stay away from his mom's colonus.