5-22: Whaley Will Speak on SiriusXM NFL

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders signed EJ to be their starter, right? No? Then he must be their #2, right? No? Hmm...

He signed a 1-year, $800k deal, with $0 guaranteed. Don't be too surprised if he doesn't make the team.

It's admirable for a GM to believe in a guy he drafted, up until a certain point. That point should've been long ago.

There was no upside to cutting EJ. The Bills organization doesn't operate to spite players that didn't work out. They didn't pick up the option and they went with other QBs for the time being.

Edited by What a Tuel

lol He wanted full control because Whaley was not good at his job.His poor performance with drafting QBs is one of the poor things he did as GM.

And you know this how? Please explain how you know this is fact?

I just want to know if Peterman doesn't work out, is that a strike against the GM/McDermott? Or is it ok that he tried?

Well, Peterman was a fifth round pick. EJ was a first round bust. Big difference in accountability.

Well, Peterman was a fifth round pick. EJ was a first round bust. Big difference in accountability.

The article by Jack Browne is the gospel on why Whaley was fired. The Sammy trade, EJ and not going all in on Tyrod. The article doesn't mention that McDermott wanted control and wanted to bring in his guy.....which we all know is one of the reasons.....yet that article by Jack Browne (who?) unveils the 100% truth. Pass that pipe over here

The article by Jack Browne is the gospel on why Whaley was fired. The Sammy trade, EJ and not going all in on Tyrod. The article doesn't mention that McDermott wanted control and wanted to bring in his guy.....which we all know is one of the reasons.....yet that article by Jack Browne (who?) unveils the 100% truth. Pass that pipe over here

And why would he want his own guy-because he gets along with him, they have the same vision, and Beane is a much better overall football guy,GM ability than Whaley. Whaley's body of work as GM was not good enough. The Pegulas realized this.

There was no upside to cutting EJ. The Bills organization doesn't operate to spite players that didn't work out. They didn't pick up the option and they went with other QBs for the time being.

I agree there was no upside to cutting EJ; I never suggested that.

It's just...

1) trading multiple picks for a WR to put EJ over the top,

2) ignoring QB in the 2014 draft, including trading away a 5th for pennies on the dollar when McCarron & Murray were available,

3) going into the pre-season with Tuel & Lewis as backups, for the 2nd year in a row,

4) trading the coaches' #2 QB away for future late round picks to force EJ up the depth chart, and

5) allegedly lobbying for EJ to start in 2016 before the Bills were eliminated

...that I could've done without.

Well, a team with SB aspirations just signed him. And a GM believed in a player he drafted? Burn him!

I mentioned in another thread that I suspect that fully guaranteed contract was a big part of the idea that he was stubborn with him.

With they I'd take EJ at backup and a mid tier vet starter upgrade elsewhere over EJ as a cut and just a Matt cassell type player

And I don't think the Tyrod benching was about pushing EJ

I mentioned in another thread that I suspect that fully guaranteed contract was a big part of the idea that he was stubborn with him.

With they I'd take EJ at backup and a mid tier vet starter upgrade elsewhere over EJ as a cut and just a Matt cassell type player

And I don't think the Tyrod benching was about pushing EJ

The problem here is a Matt Cassel beat him out for the number two spot. I think it was-they could have started Jones the whole Jet's game.

And why would he want his own guy-because he gets along with him, they have the same vision, and Beane is a much better overall football guy,GM ability than Whaley. Whaley's body of work as GM was not good enough. The Pegulas realized this.

Like I asked before, how do you know that the Pegulas wanted to fire Whaley and it wasn't McDermott telling them he wants to bring in his guy? Plenty of talented people have lost their jobs because the new boss wanted to bring in their own guys. That's life. It happens everyday in a myriad of occupations. The Pegulas love McDermott. He's the boss. He brought in his guy because he wanted his guy. Sure, there's a chance the Pegulas wanted him gone with or w/o McDermott, but that's not something we'll ever know for sure. As owners, terry and Kim will never say that McDermott told them to fire Whaley because he wanted to bring in his guy. It'll never happen.

Like I asked before, how do you know that the Pegulas wanted to fire Whaley and it wasn't McDermott telling them he wants to bring in his guy? Plenty of talented people have lost their jobs because the new boss wanted to bring in their own guys. That's life. It happens everyday in a myriad of occupations. The Pegulas love McDermott. He's the boss. He brought in his guy because he wanted his guy. Sure, there's a chance the Pegulas wanted him gone with or w/o McDermott, but that's not something we'll ever know for sure. As owners, terry and Kim will never say that McDermott told them to fire Whaley because he wanted to bring in his guy. It'll never happen.

Whaley's body of work speaks for itself. He's not GM material.

I don't know the full list of first-time HCs who were given more power than the GM, but I'd imagine it's a pretty short one. I can't see the Pegulas being talked into such an arrangement if they didn't already have serious concerns about Whaley's ability. I think once they got around a guy who had a solid philosophy on how to build a winner, they were better able to recognize a guy who didn't.

Every other poster has their own clashing theory of why DW was fired, but post what happended like it's the gospel truth, lol

Unfort none of the folks here actually know why the Pegs made the change, I certainly don't

And DW in the interview didn't really say with certainty why he was let go either

Except obviously Pegs wanted to make changes after the conclusion of the 2016 season

DW was correct, the results just were not there

I personally like that we've moved on from both DW and Rex

However I am as not as confident as everyone else that Beane will produce better than DW and or HC Sean will produce better than Rex

I mean fingers crossed everyone is right

But its just projecting, there is really no guarantee this new management will have more success than the last

After-all both executive managers are only rookies, they will make mistakes

In fact Las Vegas predicts we will have less success in 2017

Should Vegas be correct, it'll be interesting to see if fans belief in the new exec mgmt continues unabashed into 2018

jc

Well, a team with SB aspirations just signed him. And a GM believed in a player he drafted? Burn him!

He's making less than TJ Yates.

Surprised to see some EJ guys still dying on whatever hill you're dying on. A good team signed him as a camp body for peanuts/to make Connor Cook feel good about himself. Hooray.