DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Flynn’s prior counsel didn’t do him any favors. 

Yup. 

It's an interesting turn in Sullivan though. Just based off his indulgence over the past several months and his own history on the bench. We'll see what shakes out next, but the one thing I've learned about this case is just when you think you're about to get a breakthrough -- another maze pops up.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

It's an interesting turn in Sullivan though. Just based off his indulgence over the past several months and his own history on the bench. We'll see what shakes out next, but the one thing I've learned about this case is just when you think you're about to get a breakthrough -- another maze pops up.

I think it goes back to when Sullivan took the plea from Flynn and pretty much tried to talk him out of it. And you’re right, it is curious that Sullivan seemed to let this play out when maybe he didn’t need to lead Flynn down that road.  Now Sullivan seems to be saying : “sorry, you plead guilty”. Sullivan did go to lengths to explain the denial of (or justify not allowing) the document requests, which would  probably have been handled a lot differently if Flynn hadn’t entered his plea a year ago with his (*^*&%^$^#lawyers standing at his elbows. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think he was just calling out Flynn’s lawyers for being lazy.  They quoted language without attributing its source. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, snafu said:

I think he was just calling out Flynn’s lawyers for being lazy.  They quoted language without attributing its source. 

Apparently, it was sourced with an added hyphen. I was reading some legal eagles (as I am not one) who all found the plagiarism accusation to be odd (that is putting it mildly).

He was one of the key people who intentionally broke the law and committed fraud on the FISC, not just the top lawyer. He was in the Comey/McCabe inner circle, and involved from the ground floor on the backdoor coup. He was also responsible for looking the other way on many of the 702 abuses which were allowed to go on unchecked for the last several years (at least) of 44's administration. Baker is up to his eyeballs in SpyGate -- which is why he took the job in the media when immediately after he "retired".

I'm real curious to see how that gambit is going to turn out for all of the one's running it. Not just Baker, but McCabe, Brennan, Clapper, and a few others who became media consultants as soon as they left their positions in the IC.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

Tucker Carlson: James Comey pitches himself as 'America's moral martyr'

By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Tucker Carlson reacted Monday to former FBI Director James Comey's rare interview that aired on "Fox News Sunday."

"For two long years James Comey played the role of America's moral martyr -- and for two years it had worked for him," said the "Tucker Carlson Tonight" host of Comey's public life since Trump dismissed him as the head of the FBI.

Carlson noted Comey became a celebrity after his July 2016 press conference, during which he recommended against charging Hillary Clinton in connection with her email scandal.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-james-comey-sunday-wallace-interview-fisa

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently, it was sourced with an added hyphen. I was reading some legal eagles (as I am not one) who all found the plagiarism accusation to be odd (that is putting it mildly).

I don’t think the inclusion was any more than Sullivan smacking down Powell for coming in late and trying to take over the spotlight. I’d guess that District Court judges get prickly over things like that.  I doubt he’s going to refer her for disciplinary action. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

There is very little in the legal world that isn't plagiarized, at least in part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I don’t think the inclusion was any more than Sullivan smacking down Powell for coming in late and trying to take over the spotlight. I’d guess that District Court judges get prickly over things like that.  I doubt he’s going to refer her for disciplinary action. 

This is Margot Cleveland's take:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4