DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

#NeverTrumpers...

In his online appeal for money after being fired this week, disgraced former FBI agent Peter Strzok credited an unlikely source to vouch for his victim status: The Weekly Standard.

At one time a leading conservative magazine, the Standard declared last month that Strzok’s plight was merely an “overwrought tale of bias” and the case against him is “just sound and fury.” The article brushed off Strzok’s actions as “several bad judgment calls” and blasted Congressional Republicans for continuing a criminal investigation into the now-unemployed G-man.

/snip

I found an article in the Standard archives this week that might explain why. On July 24, 2016, just days before Strzok helped launch a counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign, Kristol gave Strzok and the Obama Justice Department a big assist from the anti-Trump Right by posting a flawed and questionably-sourced article. “Putin’s Party” is compelling evidence that Kristol and the Standard were far from mere sideline observers as the Trump-Russia collusion scam took shape in the summer of 2016.

At the very least, the timing of the article suggests there was careful coordination between the central players—including the Hillary Clinton campaign—and Bill Kristol to derail Trump’s candidacy just weeks before the election. But the article’s content also serves to raise alarming questions about the claims by many Republicans that “conservatives” had no knowledge of or involvement with the Christopher Steele dossier.

/snip

The Weekly Standard’s Ties to Fusion GPS

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jury Deliberations Begin in Manafort Trial

President Trump has directly linked his decision to strip former CIA Director John Brennan of his security clearance with his own frustrations over the Russia investigation. Hours after the White House announced the unprecedented move and said a similar measure may be applied to other Trump critics, the president told The Wall Street Journal he blamed Brennan and other former officials whose clearances are now under review for special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into possible collusion between his campaign and the Kremlin. “I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Trump was quoted as saying. “And these people led it! So I think it’s something that had to be done.” Trump’s comments came after several former CIA chiefs blasted the move against Brennan, saying clearances are only meant to be revoked if an individual’s access to classified material poses a security risk.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-ties-brennans-revoked-clearance-to-russia-probe

19 minutes ago, donbb said:

Trump is a mega snowflake.

The dominoes are going to fall quickly once Manafort is convicted IMO

I dunno, it could, especially if Trump Jr. is arrested along with Stone. I could also see a long drawn out fight at the Supreme Court over Trump testifying. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got at one of the jurors and we have a hung jury. 

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is this an op-ed piece? Sounds like a bunch of partisan opinions. Try harder next time.

11 hours ago, donbb said:

Trump is a mega snowflake.

The dominoes are going to fall quickly once Manafort is convicted IMO

Lol, the pot calling the kettle black. Keep melting snowflake.

????????????????

1 minute ago, westside said:

Is this an op-ed piece? Sounds like a bunch of partisan opinions. Try harder next time.

Gleeful Gator doesn't know the difference between an op-ed piece or a piece of ass, so you're wasting your time.

• Like (+1) 1