Predicting every team's starting lineup

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708408-projecting-every-afc-teams-starting-lineup

BILLS:

OFFENSE

QB: Tyrod Taylor

RB: LeSean McCoy

FB: Patrick DiMarco

WR: Sammy Watkins, Zay Jones [R], Corey Brown

TE: Charles Clay

OL: Cordy Glenn (LT), Richie Incognito (LG), Eric Wood ©, John Miller (RG), Dion Dawkins (RT)[R]

DEFENSE

DL: Jerry Hughes (DE), Marcell Dareus (DT), Kyle Williams (DT), Shaq Lawson (DE)

LB: Lorenzo Alexander (SLB), Reggie Ragland (MLB), Preston Brown (WLB)

CB: Tre'Davious White [R], Ronald Darby, Leonard Johnson

S: Micah Hyde (SS), Jordan Poyer (FS)

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Steven Hauschka

P: Colton Schmidt

LS: Reid Ferguson

RET: Brandon Tate, Walter Powell

I you had to pick a weak link ( besides depth ) it has to be the secondary.....the rest is solid.

I still think Darby is great - Rex made just about everything that was good look bad. The additions of White and Hyde really help. We'll have to see how it goes, but that unit might be better than expected.

I still think Darby is great - Rex made just about everything that was good look bad. The additions of White and Hyde really help. We'll have to see how it goes, but that unit might be better than expected.

Could be. But they can't afford injuries.

I was disappointed in Darby last year but you are right about Rex. I'm sure you remember how much of a " fan " I was of good ole Rexy. It could have been a case of schemes in regards to Darby...he still has the athletic attributes to be a very good CB.....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I was disappointed in Darby last year but you are right about Rex. I'm sure you remember how much of a " fan " I was of good ole Rexy. It could have been a case of schemes in regards to Darby...he still has the athletic attributes to be a very good CB.....

Oh, yeah - you were spot on. You knew right away. I was snowed because he took Sanchez to 2 afccg's, but those look incredibly flukey now.

I just remember Darby as a rookie, and I don't think that was flukey. Really consistent, aggressive play. I feel like the whole secondary took a step back last year. That is one area I feel pretty confident McD can get back on track.

I you had to pick a weak link ( besides depth ) it has to be the secondary.....the rest is solid.

I don't view our LBs as solid at all. Ragland may be good. We really don't know at this point. Brown was awful the last 2 years, but maybe going back to a 4-3 will help him. Alexander playing SLB is also an unknown. He looked good in the pro bowl playing there, but the pro bowl is meh. 3 unknowns at lb imo, although I think Ragland will be solid. Hopefully Milano can help

I don't view our LBs as solid at all. Ragland may be good. We really don't know at this point. Brown was awful the last 2 years, but maybe going back to a 4-3 will help him. Alexander playing SLB is also an unknown. He looked good in the pro bowl playing there, but the pro bowl is meh. 3 unknowns at lb imo, although I think Ragland will be solid. Hopefully Milano can help

I will admit that there's some unknown...I do hope that Ragland is at least solid, if not a star in the making...I also have high hopes for Alexander.....if those moves don't work out the way I hope, we're pretty much screwed on D......so-so LBs and so-so secondary...that's a bad combo.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708408-projecting-every-afc-teams-starting-lineup

BILLS:

OFFENSE

QB: Tyrod Taylor

RB: LeSean McCoy

FB: Patrick DiMarco

WR: Sammy Watkins, Zay Jones [R], Corey Brown

TE: Charles Clay

OL: Cordy Glenn (LT), Richie Incognito (LG), Eric Wood ©, John Miller (RG), Dion Dawkins (RT)[R]

DEFENSE

DL: Jerry Hughes (DE), Marcell Dareus (DT), Kyle Williams (DT), Shaq Lawson (DE)

LB: Lorenzo Alexander (SLB), Reggie Ragland (MLB), Preston Brown (WLB)

CB: Tre'Davious White [R], Ronald Darby, Leonard Johnson

S: Micah Hyde (SS), Jordan Poyer (FS)

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Steven Hauschka

P: Colton Schmidt

LS: Reid Ferguson

RET: Brandon Tate, Walter Powell

That is a starting lineup, that if it stays mostly healthy, and adapts quickly to our new schemes, is a 10 win team THIS year. The talent is there period.

There are a handful of 2nd and 3rd year players that could really propel this roster forward if they take big steps forward. Darby, Lawson, Miller, and Ragland could pay big dividends.

Also, it's good to know that the Bills have Wood copyrighted.

I agree. I find the safety position to be frightening this season. Hyde is overrated by some here imo. I really don't like our linebacker corps either. We have no clue what type of player Ragland will be. Lorenzo Alexander is also at the age where he could decline at any moment. There's always the chance that he was a one year wonder. Preston Brown doesn't impress me enough to make me feel confident.

A lot of people say this....but the depth is really not that bad at corner and wr

the rest of it is a lot of unknown

I agree. The drafting of Jones completely changed the look of our WR depth chart. Andre Holmes is not an everyday number two. Having Jones on the depth chart allows Holmes to be a soild number three. We have WR's who are in the depth spots where they belong now. Once you go beyond Holmes you have a lot of soild number three options. The only potential issue is another Sammy injury. Suddenly the position wouldn't look so great. You need to have a number one wideout. A Watkins injury would push everyone else up on the depth chart. We are are in a great situation if we can choose how to use these guys.