Trump Fires James Comey!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it were only the press that was after Trump, it wouldn't be a big deal. But when the man child can't keep his allies from getting hit with shrapnel, eventually all support will fade. A good scorecard to watch is when the Wall Street Journal turns on you. Then you should know it's time to pack your bags.

Shouldn't be too long now.

I'm not sure what Trump did to put Flynn in the firing line aside from simply nominating him for the post. Once he learned that Flynn had lied about his dealings with Russia, Trump fired him. An accusation of poor judgement in selecting Flynn is fair criticism, but the scope and shrillness of the attacks on Trump is unprecedented. It's not just news outlets going after him; 95% of the entertainment industry, and every faction or group that allies with the left in any way are in on it. Many republicans are in on it too, but then again Trump trounced all the career republicans that sought the nomination, and a lot of them are too frightened to back him on a purely partisan basis because the target has been removed from their backs for the moment.

I think Trump is worthy of criticism, but I see a huge (YUGE) difference between concern for policy and staff implementation by a newcomer to political office and the tsunami of panic-inducing innuendo that is currently passing for a national dialogue. I think too many people are being influenced by what's basically just a smear campaign.

I'm not sure what Trump did to put Flynn in the firing line aside from simply nominating him for the post. Once he learned that Flynn had lied about his dealings with Russia, Trump fired him. An accusation of poor judgement in selecting Flynn is fair criticism, but the scope and shrillness of the attacks on Trump is unprecedented. It's not just news outlets going after him; 95% of the entertainment industry, and every faction or group that allies with the left in any way are in on it. Many republicans are in on it too, but then again Trump trounced all the career republicans that sought the nomination, and a lot of them are too frightened to back him on a purely partisan basis because the target has been removed from their backs for the moment.

I think Trump is worthy of criticism, but I see a huge (YUGE) difference between concern for policy and staff implementation by a newcomer to political office and the tsunami of panic-inducing innuendo that is currently passing for a national dialogue. I think too many people are being influenced by what's basically just a smear campaign.

Bolshevik! He took 18 days to take action after being informed of Flynn's criminal behavior by the then acting AG. Were it not for the Washington Post article that came out, he could easily still be on the job as NSA.

@CNNPolitics

James Comey and the art of the well-timed leak http://cnn.it/2pVWMyH

DACKiR5UAAIHgMN.jpg

So where is the concern for policy and implementation.

Quite simply, everyone is now recognizing that the moron Trump is not a passing phase. He's losing critical support among the GOP and the business community. He had very lukewarm support early on, because people who knew him and were worried about his ability to deliver held out hope that the pragmatist Trump would eventually take over moron Trump, and things would get done. That's now out the window, as moron Trump isn't budging.

Won't be long now, as by the end of the month he will have alienated everyone around him.

Bolshevik! He took 18 days to take action after being informed of Flynn's criminal behavior by the then acting AG. Were it not for the Washington Post article that came out, he could easily still be on the job as NSA.

@CNNPolitics

James Comey and the art of the well-timed leak http://cnn.it/2pVWMyH

DACKiR5UAAIHgMN.jpg

So he did the right thing, but the SOB took eighteen whole days to do it?

That certainly justifies the hysteria. How could I have been so blind?

Exactly why it is posted Azalin, thank you for understanding so clearly.

Posters such as gator, baskin and Ben always assume that all posts are to be taken as blind support, but they are there for informational purpose.

It's a given that they do not read alternate articles, my posts simply offer that opprtunity for the board.

That is why I rarely respond to their childish replies, they already have their mind made up so why waste my time.

Thanks again.

I remember when you derided Lynch and Clinton over optics.

You're on ignore but I open occasionally to see if you offer an opinion or just the usual regurgitation.

So he did the right thing, but the SOB took eighteen whole days to do it?

That certainly justifies the hysteria. How could I have been so blind?

Good question. Because his situation of compromise called for immediate action. But of course Trump wasn't going to do anything until he was forced to by the light of public scrutiny.

Good question. Because his situation of compromise called for immediate action. But of course Trump wasn't going to do anything until he was forced to by the light of public scrutiny.

And Trump usually has not problem throwing people under the bus. Why is he so concerned about Flynn? Could it be Flynn "has a story to tell," as his lawyer has stated?

So where is the concern for policy and implementation.

Quite simply, everyone is now recognizing that the moron Trump is not a passing phase. He's losing critical support among the GOP and the business community. He had very lukewarm support early on, because people who knew him and were worried about his ability to deliver held out hope that the pragmatist Trump would eventually take over moron Trump, and things would get done. That's now out the window, as moron Trump isn't budging.

Won't be long now, as by the end of the month he will have alienated everyone around him.

Where is the concern for policy and implementation? Everywhere, that's where. It's just being drowned out by the incessant cries of "Trump bad!". I'd turn it around and ask what attempts to implement policy by him have failed? The ones that needed congressional passage to become law? I've seen him given high marks for a lot of the EOs he's signed, but aside from that and a failed attempt at repealing the ACA, I can't name much else that's been attempted. It seems obvious to me that the intent is to keep Trump on defense so that little to nothing ever gets accomplished.

And how, exactly, do you compromise on firing an employee? You either fire him or you don't. He didn't do it quickly enough for you? Oh, well. Bottom line is the same: Flynn's gone.

I'm kinda curious: if Trump really tried to get Comey to stop investigating Flynn, isn't that the kind of thing Comey should have brought to everyone's attention when it happened?

And hey...hysterical nutbags in peak meltdown...this isn't an attempt to defend Trump. It just seems to me that it's not the kind of thing your FBI chief would sit on.

Where is the concern for policy and implementation? Everywhere, that's where. It's just being drowned out by the incessant cries of "Trump bad!". I'd turn it around and ask what attempts to implement policy by him have failed? The ones that needed congressional passage to become law? I've seen him given high marks for a lot of the EOs he's signed, but aside from that and a failed attempt at repealing the ACA, I can't name much else that's been attempted. It seems obvious to me that the intent is to keep Trump on defense so that little to nothing ever gets accomplished.

There is far less attention paid to policy than to putting out daily fires. Listen to the congressional leadership. They all want this to go away.

Trump has failed in ACA reform, failing in budget deliberations, and is failing in tax reform. The more his noise dominates the discussion, the less time lawmakers have in crafting and passing legislation. If the noise doesn't die down soon, then everyone's attention will turn to 2018 elections. He's on borrowed time and swimming against the tide.

The media attacks are irrelevant to the fact that he's a complete moron who can't get out of his own way. The Reagan analogies are fully appropriate. But Reagan had enough sense to ignore it and press on. Not so, Trump.

I'm kinda curious: if Trump really tried to get Comey to stop investigating Flynn, isn't that the kind of thing Comey should have brought to everyone's attention when it happened?

And hey...hysterical nutbags in peak meltdown...this isn't an attempt to defend Trump. It just seems to me that it's not the kind of thing your FBI chief would sit on.

Thank you.

And how, exactly, do you compromise on firing an employee? You either fire him or you don't. He didn't do it quickly enough for you? Oh, well. Bottom line is the same: Flynn's gone.

Huh?!? He was compromised by his lies and criminal behavior that made him a target for blackmail by the Kremlin. Trump obviously didn't give a crap about that even though any other President in their right mind would have canned him immediately.

Good question! He did share it with his inner circle it seems, but what happens if he goes public with the info? I imagine Comey will have to answer for this and it will be interesting to hear his answer. This in no way clears Trump

He didn't based upon the memos and email that he circulated within the FBI. The reason to keep it in house within the bureau and not let "everyone" know would have been to not impede their investigation.

There is far less attention paid to policy than to putting out daily fires. Listen to the congressional leadership. They all want this to go away.

Trump has failed in ACA reform, failing in budget deliberations, and is failing in tax reform. The more his noise dominates the discussion, the less time lawmakers have in crafting and passing legislation. If the noise doesn't die down soon, then everyone's attention will turn to 2018 elections. He's on borrowed time and swimming against the tide.

The media attacks are irrelevant to the fact that he's a complete moron who can't get out of his own way. The Reagan analogies are fully appropriate. But Reagan had enough sense to ignore it and press on. Not so, Trump.

I'm not making any comparisons at all between Trump and Reagan. All I'm saying is that Trump is despised, and he's under a figurative avalanche of accusation, much of which is at this point pure innuendo. That is absolutely distracting him, and he should ignore it. My point from the very beginning has been that there's already plenty about Trump to criticize. At some point I think it's worth recognizing that an awful lot of what people are throwing fits over is likely nothing more than pure fiction, and that it's distracting republicans as badly as it is Trump.

And here I thought he was impulsive, and didn't think things through.

:wallbash:

Huh?!? He was compromised by his lies and criminal behavior that made him a target for blackmail by the Kremlin. Trump obviously didn't give a crap about that even though any other President in their right mind would have canned him immediately.

I didn't ask how someone was compromised, I asked how did Trump compromise on firing Flynn. In other words, either you're fired or you're not fired. Flynn was fired. I see no room for nuance there.

I didn't ask how someone was compromised, I asked how did Trump compromise on firing Flynn. In other words, either you're fired or you're not fired. Flynn was fired. I see no room for nuance there.

Have you ever dealt with classified information? If not, then I understand why you see no room for "nuance".

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm not making any comparisons at all between Trump and Reagan. All I'm saying is that Trump is despised, and he's under a figurative avalanche of accusation, much of which is at this point pure innuendo. That is absolutely distracting him, and he should ignore it. My point from the very beginning has been that there's already plenty about Trump to criticize. At some point I think it's worth recognizing that an awful lot of what people are throwing fits over is likely nothing more than pure fiction, and that it's distracting republicans as badly as it is Trump.

And what I'm saying is that if these distractions were fake, GOP wouldn't pay attention to them. Yes Trump is despised for valid reasons. But he lacks a basic element of maturity to move on and focus on the big picture. Everything that's been happening over the past month is self inflicted, and he makes things worse by doubling down and giving his opponents ample ammo to continue the attacks.

Listen to Ryan's & Thune's comments today. They're tired and want the self-inflicted distractions to go away