Most frustrating season as of late?

2009 was really bad - Bud Adams flipping off Bills fans, the last days of Jauron, Turk Schonert getting fired a few days before the season started and taking shots at the organization, Trent still starting, but now Fitzpatrick being bled in there. That was a year where you felt like you weren't even in the league, like the Bills didn't even have a real team, Russ Brandon is your GM, Jason Peters is shipped out.

2010 was awful too. 70 year old Buddy Nix trades Lynch, I hated it then and I hate it even more now, what a horrible of a trade that was, extending Chris Kelsay, switching defenses to the 3-4 and wasting an entire draft trying to change over for George Edwards, hiring a Coach that was out of football, Trent STILL starting the season and running out of bounds against Green Bay, Duke Preston saying the Bills were grasping at straws.

2009 was really bad - Bud Adams flipping off Bills fans, the last days of Jauron, Turk Schonert getting fired a few days before the season started and taking shots at the organization with the old popgun quote, Trent still starting, but now Fitzpatrick being bled in there. That was a year where you felt like you weren't even in the league, like the Bills didn't even have a real team, Russ Brandon is your GM, Jason Peters is shipped out.

2010 was awful too. 70 year old Buddy Nix trades Lynch, I hated it then and I hate it even more now, what a horrible of a trade that was, extending Chris Kelsay, switching defenses to the 3-4 and wasting an entire draft trying to change over for George Edwards, hiring a Coach that was out of football, Trent STILL starting the season and running out of bounds against Green Bay, Duke Preston saying the Bills were grasping at straws.

Yeah I'd agree with the year one rex. I felt like the team was so close and learning to win and be dominant. Marrone got them right there I felt like him and Hackett really held them back from being a winner. I hated the Rex hire but I was excited to see Roman run the offense. Sad part was year one I was not disappointed in Roman I loved his offense year one. Just the defense sucked so bad.

Rex season 1 was deflating, but it started before Rex even got here. The year before the defense was moving toward dominance. I could see it getting even better the next season. And if you squinted hard enough you could just about see the offense getting competent enough to have - for the first time in what, 10 years (Bledsoe?), maybe all 15 years? - a team that would be expected to make the playoffs. Not "maybe we'll get some breaks and sneak in." No. Expected to make the playoffs. There was a thread here that was titled something like, "Why not Orton?" And, well, why not? Sammy was emerging, we still thought Fred and CJ maybe had something left, and Robert Woods seemed like a great pick. Shore up the O line a little, bingo, 10 or 11 wins. And new ownership with a commitment to Buffalo! And then it went through the world's slowest unraveling. Orton: retired. Marrone: opt out. Rex: in. Schwartz: out (I think that was the chronology). There was hope when Tyrod won the job, and then that opening day win. But then the hope gradually painfully drained out of me ... an excruciating season because the fall was in slo-mo.

Not much is going to beat being on the cusp of the playoffs and losing to the Steelers backups.

And the post asked for "most frustrating season as of late." You just had to bring that up anyway ... :cry: That is actually a classic collapse in all of North American sports history. I can't even imagine it happening to any other team. Has it happened to any other team? I mean: one team in a must win situation, with it's key players playing, losing to the other team's backups?

2008. Not because of the late season collapse but because we had 2 future Hall of Famers early in their careers on the offensive side of the ball. And no one knew what we had.

Lynch and who else?

Didnt realize we still had Peters

Edited by BillsFan17

2009 was really bad - Bud Adams flipping off Bills fans, the last days of Jauron, Turk Schonert getting fired a few days before the season started and taking shots at the organization, Trent still starting, but now Fitzpatrick being bled in there. That was a year where you felt like you weren't even in the league, like the Bills didn't even have a real team, Russ Brandon is your GM, Jason Peters is shipped out.

Man those were a horror show. But we're a few games better now-----in a slightly below mediocre(8-8) stasis. Excuse me whiile I bang my head off a wall. JK

Edited by billsfan714

I have to say, 2008 (Jaurons' last full season) was the year that I went from a 24/7 kool-aid drinking Bills fan, and tried to take a more realistic view of what was going on...Jauron has to be my least favorite Bills coach in my cognizant Bills fan lifetime (1972- present)...not saying he was the worst coach (Hank Bullough and Rex say hello!), just sapped all the intrinsic joy of simply being a Bills fan out of me. After 2008, it would have to be either of Rex's years...I think the hiring of Rex Ryan, way more than whiffing on EJ Manual, over "overpaying" to draft Sammy, was the most colossal blunder of the last 10 years...he is not a good football coach, and the evidence was out there...I knew it when he got hired too...but I so much wanted to buy the bull **** he was selling... so, long answer short, gotta be 2008, 2015, 2016 for me.

Agree on 2008. I am on the same page as you, but, flip flop 2015 and 2008.

For fun being sucked out I would go 2016 then 2008.

PS. I met Jauron shortly after he was fired. He was a dopey, shell of a human. But, I am confident he was always like that!

Agree on 2008. I am on the same page as you, but, flip flop 2015 and 2008.

For fun being sucked out I would go 2016 then 2008.

PS. I met Jauron shortly after he was fired. He was a dopey, shell of a human. But, I am confident he was always like that!

He did actually graduate from Yale. But yes that doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence or street smarts