Russ Reported leading Sabres GM Search

This is exactly why many of us have been calling for Russ' head. Regardless of what we are told about his lack of involvement with respect to hockey/football decisions, we don't believe it, and it seems that he does indeed have Terry and Kim's ear with respect to stuff like this.

OMG of course he does! He's the freaking team president for both! Way too many naive Buffalo fans who think or claim he's only a marketing guy. That's the biggest fallacy in Buffalo. Wake up people.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG of course he does! He's the freaking team president for both! Way too many naive Buffalo fans who think or claim he's only a marketing guy. That's the biggest fallacy in Buffalo. Wake up people.

Some will never wake up.

The biggest fallacy is saying people think he's just a marketing guy. The non hysterical around here understand he is President and Managing Partner of PSE and President of the teams owned by the Pegulas.

The same quote that has sent some into hysteria was later amenddd by the same guy indicating Brandon is not leading the search. The Pegulas may ask him for input if they think it would be helpful as they are with the league. But it is not that Brandon is picking a GM.

The Pegulas should take and actively seek input from any people in and around the league to get the bestGMs they can.

Bradley Gelber (@BradleyGelber)

4/30/17, 9:20 PM

Wow. @FriedgeHNIC says he believes Russ Brandon is leading the search for the #Sabres next GM. That ought to make fans happy... twitter.com/buffalowins/st

So do Bills fans think it will be different here. Nope Managing Partner will have influence

As I posted in the GM candidates thread, Gelber misinterpreted what Friedman intended and set off a **** storm that has spread to TBD. Well done!

As I posted in the GM candidates thread, Gelber misinterpreted what Friedman intended and set off a **** storm that has spread to TBD. Well done!

people will believe what they want to believe, facts be damned

Hey can he sell some games to Toronto?...................wait

This will not end well. As my second team from childhood will now wallow for years longer in the cellar.

I would prefer Jack Eichel too lead the search over that Newt.

Edited by Best Player Available

I wouldn't say I'm actively boycotting the Sabres, but I haven't bought tix in a few seasons, and I probably won't go at all next season either. So boring, such a bland product.

The Bills are a bland product too, but there's only 8 home games, and the festivities are always a good time.

Here here, agreed!

If it's Botterill I think I might take a break. Can't take more mediocrity or worse.

Grose isn't it?