QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You specifically said at one point back on BBMB you wanted TT to fail so you could disparage everyone who likes the guy. I'm paraphrasing but you did exactly that, so you can spare everyone the choir boy routine. You, transplant, jm2009 are all acting like three year olds. You did so back on BBMB and you're all just continuing it here.

I just want to talk Taylor in this thread, and I thought the discussion was done except Foxx decided to randomly bump it.

As always, I'll be respectful and limit discussion to that unless someone like Crusher directly insults me.

Indy, why come into a discussion you haven't been in just to try and regulate? I guess your new name fits :flirt:

I just want to talk Taylor in this thread, and I thought the discussion was done except Foxx decided to randomly bump it.

As always, I'll be respectful and limit discussion to that unless someone like Crusher directly insults me.

Indy, why come into a discussion you haven't been in just to try and regulate? I guess your new name fits :flirt:

I have added other comments here I believe. But the three of you guys all exhibit the same kind of behavior, then claim it's only the other guy.

TT is the starting QB this coming year. We'll see how he does under a new OC and new system.case closed.

I have added other comments here I believe. But the three of you guys all exhibit the same kind of behavior, then claim it's only the other guy.

TT is the starting QB this coming year. We'll see how he does under a new OC and new system.case closed.

I am skeptical about TT, but it only benefits the team if he emerges as a strong franchise qb. I hope it works out.

Either way, play on the field, not message board opinion, will determine what happens.

I am skeptical about TT, but it only benefits the team if he emerges as a strong franchise qb. I hope it works out.

Either way, play on the field, not message board opinion, will determine what happens.

One of the things that gets me a little nuts is that folks keep talking about TT the last year or two, but refuse to acknowledge that he will be playing this year with an OC that he has history with and wanted to keep him on the roster. I suspect Dennison will do things like move TT out on partial rollouts, etc. to open up passing lanes. I'm looking for a couple things in terms of TT improving:

1. The whole middle of the field stuff: And I do not want to read one more time how he does not use the deep middle of the field vs. the middle third vs. whether the middle of the field is the mathematical mean vs. between the hash marks and all that other nonsense that's gone around here way too long. There is data for and against this stuff about TT not using the middle of the field. I would like to see more patterns where there are guys designed to be targeted in that area. Seam routes to TEs, shallow crossing patterns and such.

2. Sammy: I think if Sammy is healthy that will be huge. And they need to use Sammy creatively. Bubble screen, quick slants, and not just deep sideline routes. Let him use his athleticism.

3. Anticipation: I think a valid concern with TT is throwing to WRs when they are not completely open, i.e. throwing them open. He has thrown to Sammy when Sammy has been tightly covered, but Sammy has the ability to go get the ball. To me TT has been more reluctant with other receivers.

4. Taking chances: Some folks say they want to see TT take more chances and risk INTs. I completely disagree. I think if you have a QB that can't move then either he takes a chance or throws it away. Given TT's running ability to me I see no reason to force balls into bad situations. Tuck the ball and run. One of the good things TT does is limit turnovers; don't change that.

I think it's 50:50 he has the kind of year that earns him a bigger deal. We should all hope he does so.

Indy is correct about this situation, but he is not all innocent of arguments himself. He has carried his battles with Thurman on here.he should stay away from Thurman, and we should stay away from Crusher. It's that simple.

He was talking his first year. They didn't plummet. Year one to year two was a bit worse but still didn't plummet.

With all do respect to that poster....I feel that he was using the word "plummet" because it stand out much more then "regress"

"plummet" insinuates fall off the ledge bad numbers.....which we all know isnt true

When regress is more accurate

Indy is correct about this situation, but he is not all innocent of arguments himself. He has carried his battles with Thurman on here.he should stay away from Thurman, and we should stay away from Crusher. It's that simple.

Good point. I think I've backed off a lot from that. At least I hope so.

With all do respect to that poster....I feel that he was using the word "plummet" because it stand out much more then "regress"

"plummet" insinuates fall off the ledge bad numbers.....which we all know isnt true

When regress is more accurate

Sandwiched between Tannenhill and Simien isn't a good ledge to perch on. Edited by Maury Ballstein

Why the complaint about people "randomly" bumping this thread? It's what you should do.

Please Use Search Function for topics already being discussed.

Here's the thing, the case won't be closed because, for some, it's pretty clear that there's a pretty well defined and rigidly set type of QB we absolutely need in order to be successful.

Taylor's never going to be a QB throwing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs. It's not the type of QB he is. I suspect that in terms of production, you're not going to see Taylor do significantly more than he did in 2015.

Do I think he can throw for 4,000 yards in a season and 30 TDs?

In the right circumstances and system, sure.

The question is, would that be enough to satisfy you?

For some, I think the answer is pretty clearly no.

Here's the thing, the case won't be closed because, for some, it's pretty clear that there's a pretty well defined and rigidly set type of QB we absolutely need in order to be successful.

Taylor's never going to be a QB throwing for 5000 yards and 40 TDs. It's not the type of QB he is. I suspect that in terms of production, you're not going to see Taylor do significantly more than he did in 2015.

In the right circumstances and system, sure.

The question is, would that be enough to satisfy you?

For some, I think the answer is pretty clearly no.

I just want to see Tyrod pull out close games at the end of games....I still think he is capable of that and I think that if he DOES do that...he will silence some (not all) of his critics.

That is 250 ypg and 1.875 TD passes per game.

That's what I'd love to see. 50 more yards per game and at minimum 2 TD passes is all I ask

250 - 265 club #'s 12 - 19

Russell Wilson, 264

Derek Carr, 262

Sam Bradford, 258

Jameis Winston, 256

Eli Manning, 252

Blake Bortles, 244

Trevor Siemian, 243

# 27

Tyrod Taylor, 202

Edited by ShadyBillsFan