5 QBs, only 3 will be retained.

I completely disagree. I think teams need guys like him to run the offense effectively not just in games he has to play in because of injury, but in practice. He may also be the sort of player who can teach the offense, which he knows, to other qbs. His physical talent level, by the way, is about the same as Peterman's. If Cardale Jones is our backup, then we are in a lot of trouble. Like I said, you need a backup qb who can get you to 2-2 over a 4-game stretch and who actually knows how to run the offense. I think Jones and Petrman are potentially 0-4 guys at this point. Bear in mind that I have NO faith in Jones.

Yates has a career of 8 tds, 11 INTs, & 55% passing. The Texans won in spite of him. I don't have a ton of faith in Jones but it's hard to imagine how much worse Peterman could be.

Yates is a good guy to help teach the playbook and have in camp. But man it would be very disappointing if the young guys aren't better than him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yates has a career of 8 tds, 11 INTs, & 55% passing. The Texans won in spite of him. I don't have a ton of faith in Jones but it's hard to imagine how much worse Peterman could be.

Yates is a good guy to help teach the playbook and have in camp. But man it would be very disappointing if the young guys aren't better than him.

...so who do you think has the better upside as a possible PS candidate, Jones or Peterman?.....which one has the better shot of not being signed off PS?....I won't say what I'm thinking............

Too long; didn't read all nine pages of posts, so please forgive if this is a repeat thought.

It's all connected to the cliche "training camp arms." Starting camp with more arms than less is better.

Otherwise an and/or will happen. You'll overwork the arm of a starter and #1 backup, and/or there won't be enough training camp passing reps to develop the rest of the roster.

Five coming into camp feels like a good number.

If Yates doesn't perform better than Jones or Cardale, Yates will be gone. But I don't see it happening.

I see Yates getting the Edge, and Peterman squeaking past Cardale. Cardale to practice squad, where then he might be snatched up.

But I also think Cardale may be quite the surprise...

Otherwise an and/or will happen. You'll overwork the arm of a starter and #1 backup, and/or there won't be enough training camp passing reps to develop the rest of the roster.

Five coming into camp feels like a good number.

and/or your starter slips on a mat and then 2PS games later he gets a concussion and is done. Then your rookie second stringer gets a sore knee and you have to bring it boat people to try out at QB in the last pre season game.

I agree. Keep all 5 through PS in case someone gets injured.

Yates has done one thing Cardale and Peterman haven't- --won in the NFL. He's 4-3 as a starter and has thrown 227 passes he's on this roster no matter what. You want to lose a locker room do things that look like you dont care to compete. They will be mentally gone by week 4. Cardale goes on practice squad and Peterman is #3. The ole "sign anyone" is ignorant, Yates has done it if Tyrod goes down he's in

Cardale isnt going to be touched on PS he's put it on film

Either Cardale or Peterman will be on the practice squad- not a bad problem to have.