Tyrod will not be handed starting Job

MAJBobby

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this on the other board and I'll say it here (and it's been said by quite a few so pardon the redundancy).....

* Taylor is the best option right now.

* Taylor has not carried the team like you would want a franchise QB to do (which is why he can't be considered a franchise QB at this point)

* His skill set has had a positive effect on the run game (which many deny but I'm sticking to basic football logic for this bullet point)

* He throws as nice a deep ball as anyone in the league

* Taylor's skill set is better suited with Dennison's style of offense

* Taylor has had issues with anticipation throws.....due in part to not having starting WR's available.....also, not wanting to turn the ball over, he opts for the conservative approach

* Taylor checks down a bit more than I would like

It's funny how some people can't look at Taylor objectively....."he sucks" "he'll never be a franchise QB" "he can't throw over the middle" etc....... JM2009 pretty much hit the nail on the head....Taylor hasn't been THE problem. Has his play been limited? Yes. But if you paired his efforts with the 2014 Bills defense, they'd have made the playoffs without question.

IMO, McDermott and his coaches will put the players in a better position to be successful. That's one thing Rex struggled mightily to do. Sticking with the circus terminology, the clown show is over....now it's time to move on to the lion tamers and the high wire act where concentration and hard work are critical to their success.

Taylor not being the solution makes him part of the problem.

The QB play isn't good enough. A simplified offense with no complexity to it that is exposed when passing is how games are decided is a major problem.

It's highly unlikely he fixes those passing issues also at this point

Everyone and their mother knew what I meant by 20ish. Picking nits doesn't invalidate the spirit of my argument to anybody except the ones who look for any little victory in a sea of defeat.

Cheap tactics.

Cheap. Rhetorical. Tactics.

If your point wouldn't have been invalidated by saying "28 times a game," then why didn't you do it? In fact, if you were going closer to reality, which rounds to the nearest 10, you would have said "30ish."

Aren't you the guy that cooked stats when you first joined here ?

This is worse than Trump vs Hilly backers. Gross.

O

Meanwhile Ryan you provide no stats....just like to go after individual poster's....thats why you and your different screen handles are in and out on vacations

The QB play isn't good enough. A simplified offense with no complexity to it that is exposed when passing is how games are decided is a major problem.

bla bla bla

Sorry John, It was a general comment ... I didn't mean for you to imply I meant you specifically blamed the Defense.

16, 17, 18, 19... Seems to be about middle of the pack, no?

Middling D, middling O... 8-8 is about right if you ask me.

All I was trying to say is that plenty of playoff teams had defenses rated much worse than Buffalo;'s yet they managed to make the playoffs.

What is the missing common denominator? A good to very good QB that can win a game with the pass when it is needed.

I'm Taylor'd out today. No further comment.

By DVOA we were rated 26th. This put us above powerhouses like Detroit, SF, Cleveland, Indy, and NO.

All of the first paragraph is what a lot of you guys base your entire argument on:

The Bills were going to release Taylor if he didn't take a pay cut!

​I respect your opinion, but I disagree. And it's an opinion, certainly not fact. And it's pure arrogance to call it fact.

I've laid out my position on this before so I'm not going to type it again. You've heard it before. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that your assumptions are anything more than speculation.

Just remember... the Bills had ALL the control in that situation. All they had to do was exercise an option on a contract Taylor was already under to keep him.

So in your opinion, Tyrod doesn't cave, the Bills would have kept Tyrod on his original extension?

My apologies. I didn't realize calling you out for discounting nearly 1/3 of his attempts per game was nitpicking...

Discounting? Oh no.

When we were in control of games in 2015, how many times did TT pass? Against Indy? Against Miami?

Cheap tactics.

Cheap. Rhetorical. Tactics.

If your point wouldn't have been invalidated by saying "28 times a game," then why didn't you do it? In fact, if you were going closer to reality, which rounds to the nearest 10, you would have said "30ish."

Invalidated? The poster child for a small victory in an ocean of defeat.

and how do you know that would have even been a franchise qb......THEY ARE NOT EVEN READY TO START

Define "most"

Look around you....you are not in the majority

Just because you and transplant spam your opinion, that doesn't make you the "majority" lol.

Discounting? Oh no.

When we were in control of games in 2015, how many times did TT pass? Against Indy? Against Miami?

Just because you and transplant spam your opinion, that doesn't make you the "majority" lol.

I believe we also control the "silent majority"

just because a group of haters that you can count on one hand pollute every post on the board....does not mean your the majority

I believe we also control the "silent majority"

just because a group of haters that you can count on one hand pollute every post on the board....does not mean your the majority

"Haters?" Now now, John, that sounds an awful lot like name calling. Restrain yourself.

So what, exactly, is your solution? He's the best option at this point. Do you have a better idea? Or just complaining with trite phrases?

bla bla bla

That sums it up nicely. :)

Meanwhile Ryan you provide no stats....just like to go after individual poster's....thats why you and your different screen handles are in and out on vacations

bla bla bla

I wasn't talking to you John from crusade.

You've already attacked 50 people in this thread, please leave me alone.

Remember that time qb1 let you down so you wanted to trade MD for a qb ? Those were the days.

I can easily provide stats or you can scroll to the bottom of NFL.com and see them there. I won't/can't discuss them as only you 4 are allowed to crusade.

And yes I have reported you.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Discounting? Oh no.

So you believe that 2 games is a better sample than 29? Okay. I disagree, but that's fine. Here's what I know (because I'm bored and it's a slow day in the office).

In the past 2 seasons Tyrod Taylor has:

Started 29 Games

Completed 511 Passes (17.6 per Game)

Attempted 816 Passes (28.1 per Game)

A 62.6% Completion Rate

Passed for 6,058 Yards (208.9 per Game; 7.42 per Attempt)

Passed for 37 TDs (1.28 per Game)

Thrown 12 INTs (0.41 per Game)

Ran the ball 199 times (6.9 per Game)

Ran for 1,148 Yards (39.6 per Game)

Ran for 10 TDs (0.34 per Game)

Lost 1 Fumble

That comes out to:

35 combined attempts per game

248.5 combined yards per game

1.62 TDs per game

0.45 Turnovers per game

7.10 Yards per Touch

In games Tyrod has started, the Bills have scored an average of 24.69 points per game (Median of 25 PPG, for what it's worth).

These are the facts over 2 seasons of play. If your opinion is that isn't good enough, that's fine. I'm not here to convince you otherwise. I just think people should use actual stats to back up their position.

So you believe that 2 games is a better sample than 29? Okay. I disagree, but that's fine. Here's what I know (because I'm bored and it's a slow day in the office).

In the past 2 seasons Tyrod Taylor has:

Started 29 Games

Completed 511 Passes (17.6 per Game)

Attempted 816 Passes (28.1 per Game)

A 62.6% Completion Rate

Passed for 6,058 Yards (208.9 per Game; 7.42 per Attempt)

Passed for 37 TDs (1.28 per Game)

Thrown 12 INTs (0.41 per Game)

Ran the ball 199 times (6.9 per Game)

Ran for 1,148 Yards (39.6 per Game)

Ran for 10 TDs (0.34 per Game)

Lost 1 Fumble

That comes out to:

35 combined attempts per game

248.5 combined yards per game

1.62 TDs per game

0.45 Turnovers per game

7.10 Yards per Touch

In games Tyrod has started, the Bills have scored an average of 24.69 points per game (Median of 25 PPG, for what it's worth).

These are the facts over 2 seasons of play. If your opinion is that isn't good enough, that's fine. I'm not here to convince you otherwise. I just think people should use actual stats to back up their position.

35 combined attempts? What?

Ryan?

OMFG... is that the same Ryan who was on here who had Trubisky as his avatar? I was wondering where that guy went.

Explains a lot :flirt:

So in your opinion, Tyrod doesn't cave, the Bills would have kept Tyrod on his original extension?

Yes.

Thanks for admitting you were wrong to do that :thumbsup:

...even if you're doing it in a weasly way :oops:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Passes and runs. (816+199=1015/29=35)

It's pretty much the number of times per game that the Bills asked him to do something with the ball.

...would be interesting to see out of the 9 losses, which games were "out of reach" and what his stats were in garbage time.....stats can be manipulative and misleading......NOT as a negative vote against TT, just curious as to how the picture differs.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy