[closed]If Mahomes is good.

I guess the better question is - If Mahomes is good how pissed will you be?

I'll be pretty pissed because in the last few years we've already passed on multiple franchise caliber quarterbacks.

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll be pretty pissed because in the last few years we've already passed on multiple franchise caliber quarterbacks.

Even if Mahomes turns out to be good it doesn't necessarily mean if we drafted him he would be as good. He's in a great spot, to learn behind a cerebral veteran QB and a great coach with a history of getting the most out of his QBs.

I guess i'd be a bit salty, but like kelly said there's no guarantee the kid develops in the same way here, as opposed to how he might turn out under Reid in KC. In other words, no i would not be that pissed. As it stands right now, I'd much rather have the 2nd 1st round pick next year, as that QB class looks better (for now) and I still have some faith in TT.

Doesn't that depend on a couple things. Like 1. If Taylor leads us to the playoffs and becomes our franchise QB. or 2. If not, what do we do with our 2 1sts in 2018?

I guess i'd be a bit salty, but like kelly said there's no guarantee the kid develops in the same way here, as opposed to how he might turn out under Reid in KC. In other words, no i would not be that pissed. As it stands right now, I'd much rather have the 2nd 1st round pick next year, as that QB class looks better (for now) and I still have some faith in TT.

I don't really like that logic.

That's like saying if we drafted Tom Brady, David Carr, Dak Prescott, etc they all wouldn't be good just because we wouldn't develop them right.

A good player is a good player.

Edited by Klaista2k

Should Whaley be fired immediately?

No it will never matter what Mahomes does. Bills were never going to draft him. They had eyes on Lattimore.

When Mahomes was there they got lucky someone valued him like the Chiefs. And so parlayed a group of picks for a guy they never wanted. Brilliant.

That's like saying if we drafted Tom Brady, David Carr, Dak Prescott, etc they all wouldn't be good just because we wouldn't develop them right.

There is some truth to it. When is the last time the Pats had a bad QB in their system? Do they really draft better QBs then everyone else or do they also have a very good system that helps the QBs?

Then why was Alex Smith terrible for 4-5 years until Jim Harbaugh and Andy Reid got hold of him.

And he was, iirc, number one overall.