Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

On 05/05/2017 at 10:58 PM, Blokestradamus said:

If you want to delve into super-duper sleepers - Richmond's Kyle Lauletta and Chattanooga's Alejandro Bennifield might end up close to the Senior Bowl watch list in a few months.

Not a bad shout from May 5th ;)

I think Bennifield ended up with some "academic issues".

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's a good one. 

I beg to differ. I think he lacks the mental side of things. Watch him in the Memphis game. Puts up numbers but so many bad decisions. He did things that high schoolers know not to do. I think he is in for a rude awakening in NFL. He will need to really put the extra work in mentally. 

30 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I beg to differ. I think he lacks the mental side of things. Watch him in the Memphis game. Puts up numbers but so many bad decisions. He did things that high schoolers know not to do. I think he is in for a rude awakening in NFL. He will need to really put the extra work in mentally. 

The A&M game is riddled with poor decisions and bad throws too. I still think he’s worthy of being a first round pick, and he’s roughly the same tier as the other top QBs, but he’s my least favorite of the 5.

34 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Every QB in this draft has mental  lapses

Darnold just led Div1 in turnovers.

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I agree with this. He reminds me of Jay Cutler/Jeff George

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I agree with this. He reminds me of Jay Cutler/Jeff George

On the flip Cutler was a 48% passer as a Freshmen with 10Tds and 9 picks 

and Rosen was 60% 23 TDs and 11 Ints 

UCLA was also top 10 in drops this year...

He is way ahead of Jay Cutler

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every QB in this draft has mental  lapses

Darnold just led Div1 in turnovers.

I understand that but Darnold doesn't. have the constant injuries either. Also, I am not sure if Darnold has many cross field throws right into defenders hands. 

An analyst of WGR this week mentioned Rosen's tennis background as a negative and I actually see that too. He is very individual driven. I would label it as a bit selfish and a bit of just not caring. The hot tub instance for example. He knew how much attention it was going to cause yet he still took the all effort to do something like that. He just rubs me the wrong way. 

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

I understand that but Darnold doesn't. have the constant injuries either. Also, I am not sure if Darnold has many cross field throws right into defenders hands. 

An analyst of WGR this week mentioned Rosen's tennis background as a negative and I actually see that too. He is very individual driven. I would label it as a bit selfish and a bit of just not caring. The hot tub instance for example. He knew how much attention it was going to cause yet he still took the all effort to do something like that. He just rubs me the wrong way. 

I never really thought of the tennis angle (individual driven)

Edited by Buffalo716

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Blokestradamus said:

Not a bad shout from May 5th ;)

I think Bennifield ended up with some "academic issues".

Nice!  Have missed your contributions to the board.  I hope that you will be commenting a lot on draft prospects in the months leading up to the draft!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.