ok...should we throw in a pick for Shelton?

The o-line is looking pretty scary right now....Maybe we should throw in a 4th or a 5th with Henry for Shelton...am I panicking?

258427[/snapback]

I don't think you're panicking, because it might be a neccessity right now....

The o-line is looking pretty scary right now....Maybe we should throw in a 4th or a 5th with Henry for Shelton...am I panicking?

258427[/snapback]

The Cardinals playing hardball is just plain funny. The fact that they're trying to make us look desparate does not sit well with me. The Bills should cut em loose and start dealing with the Raiders. I'm not worried about the O line. They WILL get a couple of quality FA starters in here one way or the other.

I don't think you're panicking, because it might be a neccessity right now....

258430[/snapback]

I don't think its time to freak out at all. Get this, from the middle of our line to the right side we are pretty dang good. Teague, CV, MW. Heck all we need to do is run right every running play, and roll right every passing play and we should be in good shape. While we are at it, since we won't be using the left side of the field at all, we might as well just put more seats on the away side of the Ralph. Probably can put another few sections all the way to the current out of bounds line.

You are pannicking. TD never puts all his eggs in one basket. Wait to see what happens. Let Arizona get a 3rd rounder for Shelton and have them spend their top 10 pick on a RB who better pan out if you are shelling out that kind of money. The only RB this year worth that kind of money is Benson and he will be gone by then. The Auburn guys have nice physical numbers but have never carried a full workload in college much less the NFL. I would never take a RB in the top 10 that you have to project how they are going to carry a full workload.

ok...should we throw in a pick for Shelton?

258427[/snapback]

NO
The Bears, however, remain in the hunt for Arizona Cardinals left tackle L.J. Shelton, sources confirmed Tuesday.

The Cardinals were close to a deal with the Buffalo Bills for running back Travis Henry, and that remains a possibility, but talks have stalled. The Bears have offered only a second-day draft pick for the player but remain flexible and will wait for unrestricted free-agent tackles to sign before determining Shelton's market value.

Amen.  We need a friggin LT.  Not McFarland, Peters or Teague.  When JP gets mauled next year from the left side we can all blame TD.

258451[/snapback]

Wait...It thought we were blaming Henry.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THE CHANGE!!!! :D

I vote No....

Shelton's cap hit is $3 million for this year and he is nothing special...

We can sign both a G and C for contracts in the 5 year/17 million range with bonuses in the $5 to $6 million dollar range and get 2 for 1 and move Teague to LT.

Contracts would look something like:

Bonus $6 million, Salaries $1m, $1.5 million, $2.5 million, $2.5 million, $3.5 million

Cap hit this year is $2.25 million and we get 2 for 1....get a young LG and a C--and honestly I think Teague will account himself well against speed rushers--his troubles are with brute strength guys....

This would be a serious upgrade to the line...Teague is talented--he accounted for himself very well last year...and once you can snap and set quickly his reflexes and base are transferable back to LT--where he really wants to be anyway....Just MHO..

I hope TD can clinch this deal and sign Kedrick Vincent at the LG position

and the line will be back to reasonable. Then re-sign Marcus Price for

backing up the T position.

I'm really hoping thats the way this whole thing goes down too. Then we need to figure out DT, TE, backup RB.

Wait...It thought we were blaming Henry.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THE CHANGE!!!!  :D

258461[/snapback]

There is no need to panick if we gave a pick with Henry we are essentially giving him away and acquiring a player with a pick I wouldnt bite on it. I know I will get slack for this but here it goes... Personally I feel we could move Trey to left tackle acquire a center that will be there for many years, I feel this is essential for a new qb and a center to have a good repore for many years. Trade Henry for his value or another area of need. I have no feelings of loss to losing Jennings I do to losing Pat Williams.

TD is going to put T. Henry in Oakland for their 2nd round pick. Than he is going to trade our current second round pick to Arizona for Shelton. Essentially we will get Shelton for Henry plus we will move up to Oaklands pick. It's a move of genius and I can smell it coming!!! :D

TD is going to put T. Henry in Oakland for their 2nd round pick.  Than he is going to trade our current second round pick to Arizona for Shelton.  Essentially we will get Shelton for Henry plus we  will move up to Oaklands pick.  It's a move of genius and I can smell it coming!!! :D

258482[/snapback]

Various sources are reporting the Raiders will be signing LaMont Jordan. That would leave Oakland out of the mix (obviously) in the whole Travis Henry discussion.

TD is going to put T. Henry in Oakland for their 2nd round pick.  Than he is going to trade our current second round pick to Arizona for Shelton.  Essentially we will get Shelton for Henry plus we  will move up to Oaklands pick.  It's a move of genius and I can smell it coming!!! :)

258482[/snapback]

I can totally see TD pulling this off. Before i read your post, I was going to say that Mr Poker-face will GET a 6th or 7th rounder + Shelton for Henry from the Cards. People may argue against any of TD's skills but one thing is for sure - he is a great negotiator.