Sal: Bills were going to draft Lattimore at 10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet the bills still ended up plucking a starting caliber corner even though they missed the "sweet spot"

They got the 7th best CB according to many mocks. Congrats

Missed out on Lattimore, Howard, Davis, the top OL in the draft...

They got the 7th best CB according to many mocks. Congrats

Missed out on Lattimore, Howard, Davis, the top OL in the draft...

I've read other writers saying he is the 2nd best CB in the draft...just depends on what you want to believe

I've read other writers saying he is the 2nd best CB in the draft...just depends on what you want to believe

I'll believe it when I see it. He would be small for a high school player. I don't know what he's going to do against bigger stronger NFL players when he's playing zone and needs to cover a side of the field and play contain or in man trying to be physical. McD said he wanted bigger stronger corners that can tackle and then we took the smallest guy in the draft.

It's less about who we picked and more about who we missed. White was picked where he was supposed to. Lattimore, Howard, Hooker, Davis, Foster all dropped and we didn't capitalize

They haven't been rebuilding the last 18 years?

Sometimes, but this year they know it. Ryan came in like a wrecking ball, promising playoffs. McD came in saying he is changing the culture. He knows this team has a better chance of not going to the playoffs this year. Might as well rack up some picks for next season. But no one, and I mean no one, can rebuild the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

I'll believe it when I see it. He would be small for a high school player. I don't know what he's going to do against bigger stronger NFL players when he's playing zone and needs to cover a side of the field and play contain or in man trying to be physical. McD said he wanted bigger stronger corners that can tackle and then we took the smallest guy in the draft.

It's less about who we picked and more about who we missed. White was picked where he was supposed to. Lattimore, Howard, Hooker, Davis, Foster all dropped and we didn't capitalize

Davis was drafted before our pick at 10 for one. We had already traded down to 27 and all those players were gone before our pick but Foster.

Personally, I would have taken a chance on Foster, but my next 3 choices in no particular order were Zay, White, and King...and we ended up getting 2 of those guys with our first and 2nd round picks. I would say we did pretty good. Only time will tell of course, but I much prefer having White, the extra 3rd, and the extra first to say Lattimore, Hooker, or OJ Howard. Mainly because we still got the DB help we needed, got ammunition to get a good OL prospect which we needed at end of 2nd, and still have an extra first next year as ammunition to move up and get a QB if Taylor can't hold the job down this year.

Now go get Chad Kelly and BPA with our 2 fifth round picks and this will be one hell of a draft IMO.

Edited by Alphadawg7