Jerel Worthy - underrated DL?

I think Jerel Worthy was an underrated signing last year. He played well in Rex scheme but I thought he could have been utilized more. He was *really* good in college, I love him as a rotational DT in 4-3. One-gap penetrator. Whaley loves his former high round picks. Seems like a forgotten piece!

He was interviewed today on WGR - good stuff about the coaching staff!

http://m.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Jerel-Worthy-Everything-is-about-the-team/bda20809-c865-40d6-b45c-acce9a6d23d4

Jerel Worthy-underated defensive lineman, or easily replacable backup? Lol, sorry Yolo just bringing some levity to the board.

If we can't replace someone at 690k then we even have more issues than we everyone else states we do.

PS I know you're kidding.

Edited by Captain Murica

I think Jerel Worthy was an underrated signing last year. He played well in Rex scheme but I thought he could have been utilized more. He was *really* good in college, I love him as a rotational DT in 4-3. One-gap penetrator. Whaley loves his former high round picks. Seems like a forgotten piece!

He was interviewed today on WGR - good stuff about the coaching staff!

http://m.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Jerel-Worthy-Everything-is-about-the-team/bda20809-c865-40d6-b45c-acce9a6d23d4

I like hearing the DLine talk about coach Waufle. He reminds me of a coach I had in HS

Worthy has definitely been decent in rotational depth, I like that he comes from the Packers. Cool that he knows Hyde from way back. Just another small brick in building Hyde into a leader on D.

Interesting comments about the team and new staff. Especially Wauffle. To be honest, I thought the entire Rams staff looked like aholes on Hard Knocks, and Wauffle the biggest one. But... Worthy is right that his DLines always produce and that Rams unit was not the problem on that team, and I'm interested to see what he can get out of Dareus and Hughes. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now considering how reality TV shows get edited, and he was good enough for McDermott.

i am hoping worthy can fill a role in buffalo. i think he is a great depth player and has an opportunity to focus on the one thing he is good at - shooting a hole and winning the foot race. his hand placement and ability to sustain leverage does him in, at least to what i remember.

the more i think of it the more i wonder how good hughes will be. i just can't see him being able to be the player he was a few years ago in this system similarly to his issues in ryans' system