Jabrill Peppers tested positive at combine

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilute sample = testing positive?

To me, this sounds more like something happened that prevented credible results, such as using fake urine. That would be different from straight-up testing positive for X/Y/Z.

diluted tends to be a "fail" in many settings, even if its not a positive. Edited by NoSaint

To me, this sounds more like something happened that prevented credible results, such as using fake urine. That would be different from straight-up testing positive for X/Y/Z.

Dilute sample generally just means the sample was watered down. If you drink a couple gallons of water the day before or the day of this will happen. Doesn't necessarily mean there WAS anything in the sample, but since it hinders test results it counts as an automatic positive so people don't do the whole "drink a lot of water/gatorade to screw up results" thing.

diluted sample = positive test by NFL standards. They enter drug program and will be suspended 4 games with next positive test

Same thing Foster had.. Foster claims he was sick , drinking Gatorade and fluid like crazy to hydrate..sure Peppers will claim something similair

Dilute sample generally just means the sample was watered down. If you drink a couple gallons of water the day before or the day of this will happen. Doesn't necessarily mean there WAS anything in the sample, but since it hinders test results it counts as an automatic positive so people don't do the whole "drink a lot of water/gatorade to screw up results" thing.

Seems like some innocent people could get caught up in that, seeing as I'd probably drink a lot of water and/or Gatorade if I were preparing for a day on which my physical talents will earn or lose possibly millions of dollars.

Then again, same logic for not doing drugs during that same time period.