My 2017 mock draft

bills in oregon

This is my first and last. Have at it.

This is my first shot at a mock draft so be kind. I and using CBS.com nfl rankings. I am guessing that M. Gillislee is gone. The bills should have put a 3rd or 4th round tender on him. This is what I think I would do. I would prefer to trade down and pick up more picks., but his kid is a play maker.

10. O.J. Howard TE Alabama

we need a play maker with a mismatch on every play. He has the best hands is the draft. Both WRs have things that they need to work on. One cant get separation and the other did not play against top DBs. it time we get our Gronk! O.J will help the passing and running game too.

44. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

this kid is a play maker and will fit in the scheme we will be using. He will be fighting for the starting job.

77. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa

we need depth and again he fit with what we will be doing. Very fast off the ball and ueses his hands well.

156. Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

big body, good hands, good RAC. He will fit in nicely.

Carrel Philps OLB Illinois

Fills a need and depth.

183. Adam Bisnowaty, T, Pittsburgh

Fills a need and depth.

195. Ben Braden

Fills a need and depth

To my knowledge the Bills haven't even had TE OJ Howard in for a visit, I find it highly unlikely that we select a guy who has not worked out or even been talked to which I found interesting that he wasn't even in, nor was Njoku at all unless I'm missing them somewhere as i just looked on 2 websites with all the visits from prospects. If were not taking a QB then we need at least 3 starters out of the 1st 3 picks, not a fan of Humphrey but he would most likely start, No WR until the 5th round seems a bit far fetched, same with OLB. Just my opinions, we just saw GM Tim Murray of the Sabres get fired I'm sure Whaley knows this draft will be huge for him.

To my knowledge the Bills haven't even had TE OJ Howard in for a visit, I find it highly unlikely that we select a guy who has not worked out or even been talked to which I found interesting that he wasn't even in, nor was Njoku at all unless I'm missing them somewhere as i just looked on 2 websites with all the visits from prospects. If were not taking a QB then we need at least 3 starters out of the 1st 3 picks, not a fan of Humphrey but he would most likely start, No WR until the 5th round seems a bit far fetched, same with OLB. Just my opinions, we just saw GM Tim Murray of the Sabres get fired I'm sure Whaley knows this draft will be huge for him.

The last few draft picks weren't brought in either.

I wouldnt look at that list and think only those on it are who they are choosing from...most likely most teams use these visits to set up other teams into thinking to much about who's going to be picked where...I know some of the picks the Bills have made the past few years never got a visit from Bills

This would mean Ramon Humber starts at WLB. No thank you. Phillips is more of a pass rusher at this point. Maybe he can adapt to coverage but I'd much rather have several other LBs in this draft. I'd be cool with picks 1, 2 and 4. I like Jaleel Johnson and would like to add some DL depth but would rather wait til rd 5 or 6.

I think this is my final mock for this year:

this is with Bills trading down and getting an extra 3rd and a 4th...if no trade down then just forget about picks 3b and 4

1 - Haasan Reddick, OLB, Temple;

2 - Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio State;

3a - Desmond King, S/CB, Iowa;

3b - Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama;

4 - Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell;

5a - Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss;

5b - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech;

6 - Tedric Thompson, FS, Colorado

if Buffalo doesnt match Pats** and gets extra 5th: 5c - Pat Elflien, C, Ohio State

Edited by Tsaikotic

What I still can't wrap my head around is why are we putting so much stock into a TE in the first let alone top ten...

I saw this happen with Pettigrew, saw this happen with Ebron and now seeing bills fan head over heals for Howard...

We have Clay, who is a darn good talent and we cant even utilize him correctly.

This is my first and last. Have at it.

This is my first shot at a mock draft so be kind. I and using CBS.com nfl rankings. I am guessing that M. Gillislee is gone. The bills should have put a 3rd or 4th round tender on him. This is what I think I would do. I would prefer to trade down and pick up more picks., but his kid is a play maker.

10. O.J. Howard TE Alabama

we need a play maker with a mismatch on every play. He has the best hands is the draft. Both WRs have things that they need to work on. One cant get separation and the other did not play against top DBs. it time we get our Gronk! O.J will help the passing and running game too.

44. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama

this kid is a play maker and will fit in the scheme we will be using. He will be fighting for the starting job.

77. Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa

we need depth and again he fit with what we will be doing. Very fast off the ball and ueses his hands well.

156. Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

big body, good hands, good RAC. He will fit in nicely.

Carrel Philps OLB Illinois

Fills a need and depth.

183. Adam Bisnowaty, T, Pittsburgh

Fills a need and depth.

195. Ben Braden

Fills a need and depth

There are only 1st, 2nd and original round tenders. MG was a 5th round pick so there was no option for a 3rd or 4th round tender.

I can't really argue with your first 3 selections. All would be quality picks, if available. My only "complaint" about those selections is that there is a good chance that none of them will be available at the picks you have them going to the Bills. Certainly any could be though and I'd be happy if they were.

What I still can't wrap my head around is why are we putting so much stock into a TE in the first let alone top ten...

I saw this happen with Pettigrew, saw this happen with Ebron and now seeing bills fan head over heals for Howard...

Yes, 30 catches turn around this team?

I'll go with WR and RT over TE. Offense needs more help than people think. Give Tyrod everything he needs so there's no excuses, yet build for the future if he's gone.

some very good teams have more then one good TE.....especially teams that run the ball

Everyone else is doing mock drafts so I will throw one out there. This is what I think they will try to do (not necessarily what I want).

Trade down to 13 and add pick 77 while flipping a 5th.

1. Corey Davis

2. Zach Cunningham

3a. Sidney Jones

3b. Eddie Jackson

5a. Trey Hendrickson

5b. Wayne Gallman

6. Chad Kelly

I'm assuming that they let Gillislee go. They will still need to sign a CB (Verner).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think this is my final mock for this year:

this is with Bills trading down and getting an extra 3rd and a 4th...if no trade down then just forget about picks 3b and 4

1 - Haasan Reddick, OLB, Temple;

2 - Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio State;

3a - Desmond King, S/CB, Iowa;

3b - Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama;

4 - Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell;

5a - Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss;

5b - Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech;

6 - Tedric Thompson, FS, Colorado

if Buffalo doesnt match Pats** and gets extra 5th: 5c - Pat Elflien, C, Ohio State

Would love this draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.