And This is What Makes the Browns, the Browns

H2o

Absolutely. Agree on Garret being the top pick by them. It's hogwash. But....

All this Trubinsky talk from them makes me think they are trying to 1) they are jacking up Trubinsky's value, motivating SOMEONE ELSE to make a move on Trubinsky early, so that 2) Trubinsky is THE smokescreen and they are targeting another QB with 12 or later - Watson? (insert another name)?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Trubinsky talk from them makes me think they are trying to 1) they are jacking up Trubinsky's value, motivating SOMEONE ELSE to make a move on Trubinsky early, so that 2) Trubinsky is THE smokescreen and they are targeting another QB with 12 or later - Watson? (insert another name)?

Browns don't smokescreen... Manziel texted them and they drafted him.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/johnnys_manziels_hurry_up_and.html

Edited by Beef Jerky

I don't think he's big enough as a DE in the NFL

Am I missing something where 6'4", 272 isn't big enough to play 43 DE/ 34 OLB?

He's not going to be drafted as a 34 DE.

If you want to poke holes in Garretts game, go right ahead, but if he failed in the league, it wouldn't be because of his size or strength.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Ya know, I applaud you, I was waiting for someone else to come out with this, as I, and now apparently YOU seem to be in the vast minority. I don't think he's big enough as a DE in the NFL, and I never saw the motor that all these experts claim to have seen? He COULD well end up being another Miller (Very doubtful) but he could also be another Dion Jordan type guy that benefited from great defensive schemes. When I looked at the tape, and I did a lot, his sacks were roughly 70% coverage sacks, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but does it translate well to the NFL when you only have at best, 3 seconds to get to the QB? I don't think so, and I think he struggles in his rookie year. If I were the Browns I'd trade back,

Tim-

I just watch his 40 yard dash... he has very funny posture and it doesn't look natural. I have never seen quick feet, his feet look very heavy.

I would say for him to be successful he needs a great Bullrush and Club move cause I don't see him beating anyone with his "explosiveness" off the ball, cause I don't see it. I think Thomas looks more explosive.

But let's wait and see. He just looks clunky to me...

Why brother with the smokescreen when you have the 1st pick? They should draft Garrett (and I think that they will). I'm thinking that they may trade back up to 5 (using picks 12 and 52) to get him.

They could be trying to see if a team wants to make an offer for the 1st overall pick.

They could be trying to see if a team wants to make an offer for the 1st overall pick.

IF true...why? For the love of all things holy.... why? Just take the player for once! They've been compiling picks for like 20 years. Just take the freaking blue chip sitting in front of you for once.

#analytics :)

Edited by YoloinOhio

according to Schefter the pats are not trading Jimmy under any circumstances. They ask him every week on his radio spot here because Browns really wanted him and he said on a stack of bibles that his pats source is accurate and they will not be trading him. Makes me think Brady is close to hanging it up no matter how many avocados and kale salads he eats every day.

...you never know what Belichick is thinking.....Jimmy G could be the Pats' Aaron Rodgers.....pay 'em, to patiently wait..........

I have to chuckle, because nearly every scouting report talks about his "elite" and "rare" explosiveness off the ball in the first sentence. Clearly that is showing up on tape.

We will see.... Bosa had what? 10 sacks in less than a full season?

I would put the over/under for Garrett at 7.

I will bet Shaq has more sacks next year.

IF true...why? For the love of all things holy.... why? Just take the player for once! They've been compiling picks for like 20 years. Just take the freaking blue chip sitting in front of you for once.

#analytics :)

No I get it and agree - but what else is there to do but see if someone offers you something crazy who may want a QB?

I'm not advocating because at some point you have to start building but it appears they're awfully attracted to getting more and more picks.

www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19247982

Unreal........ The Browns are about completely f**k their next three or four years and make a mistake they hear about for a decade in passing over Garrett.

....saw a mock today where Davis Webb is their target at 33 as a fall back plan if Mitch doesn't fall to 12.................