Underrated Eateries

Roundybout

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally! Totally agree. Wings are overrated. Since the original owner sold it, it's staffed by major league aholes.

No we're talking

No we're talking

Joe and Marcy had it and sold it.

I always just order "hot," and I think they're delicious. Each year, the waitress warns me, "Have you had the hot here before? Because they're very hot." I'm guessing they've gotten burned by people returning them because they're too hot for them? I always find the wings to have a perfect skin texture and the wings are always juicy and not over-sauced.

Just Frank's and butter isn't my thing. I hate paying someone else to give me something I can make myself. I like their flavor a lot and the heat is perfect for me.

Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but I'll continue to go until that changes.

maybe I was unlucky :D

Old West Cinnamon Rolls in Pismo Beach, California. Best Cinnamon Rolls Ever! Pismo beach is a fun beach town to visit if you are ever in central California. It's worth the time.

A favorite breakfast place of mine is The Original Pancake House. They are a nationwide chain, but not in every state. I believe they are in Buffalo & Rochester. They have a great variety of pancakes on the menu. The Apple Pancake is incredible.

Some spicy food places:

Wings

1) Our Glenn St. Tailgate....BuffaloBart's buffalo wings are always perfect cuz he doesn't take them out until they are crispy.

2) Mark's BBQ.....Louisville KY.....honey bbq wings....not Buff wings but amazing plus otherwise good BBQ. Been 3 times and 3 for 3. :thumbsup:

3) Bar-Bill......always done right.....usually go before a preseason game....beef is very good too.

4) Middletown Tavern.....Naples, NY....thick, "all dressed" type sauce that is awesome with the blue cheese.....different but excellent.....used to know people who drove all the way from Buffalo to get em'.

Indian

1) India House.....Beef Vindaloo.....hard to find beef on indian menus in most cities, but not Rochester.....gotta' be extra spicy

2) Fast Biryani......Madison, WI......this place is on the right track, making wraps with naan out of indian dishes.....kinda' mexican styling it so it's convenient......chili chicken naan wrap....blazin' hot but flavorful

Chinese

1) Bill Lee's Bamboo Chopsticks......Bakersfield CA......awesome family style served....every time has been good

2) PF Changs underrated for Kung Pao Chicken.......they have a kinda' unique spin on this dish.....I gotta' eat all the chili peppers too

Mexican:

1) Calvillo's......Alamosa, CO......love this place, go every time I visit now....very competitive Mex food town......reasonably priced buffet is amazing and has all the good stuff on it.....like stuffed poblano's etc..

Edited by #BADOL

Some spicy food places:

Wings

1) Our Glenn St. Tailgate....BuffaloBart's buffalo wings are always perfect cuz he doesn't take them out until they are crispy.

2) Mark's BBQ.....Louisville KY.....honey bbq wings....not Buff wings but amazing plus otherwise good BBQ. Been 3 times and 3 for 3. :thumbsup:

3) Bar-Bill......always done right.....usually go before a preseason game....beef is very good too.

4) Middletown Tavern.....Naples, NY....thick, "all dressed" type sauce that is awesome with the blue cheese.....different but excellent.....used to know people who drove all the way from Buffalo to get em'.

Indian

1) India House.....Beef Vindaloo.....hard to find beef on indian menus in most cities, but not Rochester.....gotta' be extra spicy

2) Fast Biryani......Madison, WI......this place is on the right track, making wraps with naan out of indian dishes.....kinda' mexican styling it so it's convenient......chili chicken naan wrap....blazin' hot but flavorful

Chinese

1) Bill Lee's Bamboo Chopsticks......Bakersfield CA......awesome family style served....every time has been good

2) PF Changs underrated for Kung Pao Chicken.......they have a kinda' unique spin on this dish.....I gotta' eat all the chili peppers too

Mexican:

1) Calvillo's......Alamosa, CO......love this place, go every time I visit now....very competitive Mex food town......reasonably priced buffet is amazing and has all the good stuff on it.....like stuffed poblano's etc..

This is one of the best posts I've seen in my tenure, here. Thanks!

Hampton Roads area.

Classic Steakhouses

The Aberdeen Barn ---- perfection every time. Steak/Salad/Baked Potato. Pretty straightforward

Pizza

Chesapeake Pizza ---- 40 years no changes. Just an amazing old school pizza.

Primo Pizza. ----- perfect NY pizza.

Wings.

The Dirty Buffalo ---- monster wings, Buffalo theme, Dirty plates and subs knock it out of the park

Bad Habits. ----- great bar food, nice atmosphere

Pasta

Razzo's

Il Giardino

Zia Maries

Edited by Maury Ballstein

This is one of the best posts I've seen in my tenure, here. Thanks!

Thanks, man.....I love hot food.

I got a particular problem with the beef vindaloo at India House......if I'm home I order at least once per week at the India House Express by U of R and get a beef vindaloo curry bowl to go and ask for it extra, extra spicy......then pick up an 18 pack of toaster-naan at Costco nearby and make wraps for a couple days.....my family are all healthy vegetarian types so I gotta' fend for myself on raunchy meat dishes.......everywhere else I travel it seems like the Indian places only serve the traditional goat(which I don't like consistency of) rather than the sacred cow, but Rochester has several that Indian places that serve beef.

I find the extra spicy ordered kung pao at chang's is usually good everywhere too and fairly easy to find on the road........most chinese places they just throw the sauce in the wok to order but I'm guessing they marinate theirs....tastes like it anyway.......I don't like peanuts on their own but man are they are perfect in that dish.

Love the original Pancake house.

:thumbsup:

We have one of these right by my house, but I have never been. Too many great pancake options in Pittsburgh, including these which are the greatest ever:

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/05/30/obama-calls-on-pittsburgh-to-prepare-memorial-day-pancakes

Give them a try. They have a great variety.

Done that at games. Heat them up first thing in the morning. Been several years.

If you're heating up your breakfast beers, you may be doing it wrong. :)

Nothing wrong with some morning protein!