Mets fans?

Another Fan

15 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Just another day...

called it before the season...the BULL and McNeil.

And Brody boy says...not sure about them making the roster to begin the season.

Good call. I haven't seen a live Mets game in years, and believe me, McNeill and Alonso belong on that field. They represent the Mets very well! 

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Just another day...

called it before the season...the BULL and McNeil.

And Brody boy says...not sure about them making the roster to begin the season.

Some Cubs fans pointed to Mcneil while he was at bat. They said they "Liked" that guy!

11 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

My first time at Wrigley Field yesterday. I had an excellent seat just above the 3rd base line. Wheeler looked excellent, Alonso hit a bomb and Mcneil looked great at the plate!

First game at Wrigley, Cubs-Mets, and the Mets won.

You my friend hit the Triple Crown! Outstanding!

BTW - I think you saw Alonso tie the Met record for HR's by a rookie. So you have that going for you too. Which is nice.

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I mean is anyone really surprised at the result today when we cling to a 1 run lead late in games?

Have a bad feeling the team is going to be just want the Phillies want to see to break out of their present funk 

I know. We either score a ton of runs or lose close games. The Mets looked great yesterday. Wheeler pitched like a Cy Young candidate.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

First game at Wrigley, Cubs-Mets, and the Mets won.

You my friend hit the Triple Crown! Outstanding!

BTW - I think you saw Alonso tie the Met record for HR's by a rookie. So you have that going for you too. Which is nice.

Yes! I told my friend about Alonso. Its funny because he is not a Cubs fan! He likes the Sox. He just likes baseball and has the annual season tickets. I told him to watch Alonso because he could tie Strawberry! Sure enough...boom! When Todd Frazier hit his HR, he thought he was out. The wind just blew it over the wall. I missed Ramos HR on a bathroom trip. I heard it on the bathroom radio!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes! I told my friend about Alonso. Its funny because he is not a Cubs fan! He likes the Sox. He just likes baseball and has the annual season tickets. I told him to watch Alonso because he could tie Strawberry! Sure enough...boom! When Todd Frazier hit his HR, he thought he was out. The wind just blew it over the wall. I missed Ramos HR on a bathroom trip. I heard it on the bathroom radio!

Gonzo Alonso.  The guy is a monster. Glad you got to see a small piece of Mets history in a hugely historic park. 

FWIW and appropo of nothing my father grew up a White Sox fan so give your boy a shout out from a Mets fan he'll never meet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Gonzo Alonso.  The guy is a monster. Glad you got to see a small piece of Mets history in a hugely historic park. 

FWIW and appropo of nothing my father grew up a White Sox fan so give your boy a shout out from a Mets fan he'll never meet.

I will do that! Yes, they have remodeled down there and now there are more restaurants and bars. They did a good job. Alonso, Conforto and McNeil are a good young nucleus. They all seem mature and show good form. I will say it again...they represent the Mets well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I heard about this by text from a good friend and now from you. My friend's take was negative too.

I don't know the details but my initial reaction is that it's about time Mickey showed some emotion. I have no problem with this team acting like they care. Hope to see more of it.

Maybe 82 year old Phil Regan told these guys to sack up!!!

I may end up with egg on my face once I hear the details, but I'm pissed that this team isn't playing better and I'm fine if they are too.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I don't know the details but my initial reaction is that it's about time Mickey showed some emotion. I have no problem with this team acting like they care. Hope to see more of it.

Actually, the first thing I thought of was Harry Doyle's muses after the Indians started fighting one another in Major League:

"My God! Good news fans, the Indians are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Agree with you guys I say good for Mickey.  There’s only so much a man can take Especially if he’s being forced to go with the flow on some of these recent decisions.  

Btw, anyone now what this pitching strategist job responsibilities are? 

• Like (+1) 1

Edwin Diaz already giving credit to Mets’ new pitching coach

"The closer on Friday credited Phil Regan for a mechanical adjustment that helped Diaz stifle the Cubs in the ninth inning for the save in a 5-4 victory at Wrigley Field. The right-hander retired all three batters he faced, two by strikeout."

Regan said he wanted to get Diaz on a straighter line toward home plate so he wouldn’t be falling off and pushing the ball.

“He took to it,” Regan said. “He came off the mound and said that it worked. Pitching is all little things — it’s never a major adjustment. It’s a lot of little things. Once you get the fundamentals down, you really don’t have to worry about where you throw the ball.”

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I heard about this by text from a good friend and now from you. My friend's take was negative too.

Maybe 82 year old Phil Regan told these guys to sack up!!!

I may end up with egg on my face once I hear the details, but I'm pissed that this team isn't playing better and I'm fine if they are too.

It was a long time in coming. We all know what a tough sports town that NY can be, and with the Mets recent history and inflated expectations by management, it has to be frustrating. I would be in bad space too. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Who didn’t see a Bruce homer coming when he stepped up to the plate.  This very well may have been the Mets worst day this year when all is said and done.  I’m counting all the off field distractions as well.  

Jay Bruce is the new Daniel Murphy.

I actually woke up this morning feeling awful for Mickey.  I thought his tantrum might have actually gotten him some respect but it looks like it’s made things worse.  Between what looked like a forced apology and everyone from Terry Collins chiming in to criticize.

Yes as a manager his decision making is all fair game for criticism.  However I’ve always looked at him as a decent guy who earned the right to have one tantrum like that and get the benefit of the doubt.

I say just do him a favor at this point fire him

while preserving his dignity.  Put him out of his misery.