Mets fans?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I actually woke up this morning feeling awful for Mickey.  I thought his tantrum might have actually gotten him some respect but it looks like it’s made things worse.  Between what looked like a forced apology and everyone from Terry Collins chiming in to criticize.

Yes as a manager his decision making is all fair game for criticism.  However I’ve always looked at him as a decent guy who earned the right to have one tantrum like that and get the benefit of the doubt.

I say just do him a favor at this point fire him

while preserving his dignity.  Put him out of his misery.  

I feel bad for him, too.  Any manager who can't control in-game moves can't be happy.  But he's putting up with it.

This is all about the Wilpons.  Until the team is sold, this is just how it's going to be.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just as I'd suspected .... BVW is making in-game managing decisions.  This is VERY, VERY BAD.  Callaway is a puppet.  If the Wilpons are also part of it, this team is effed.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27048818/mets-front-office-making-game-moves

This news registers zero on the surprise meter.   Mets gaining ground on the Knicks for title of worst run franchise in sports.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

This news registers zero on the surprise meter.   Mets gaining ground on the Knicks for title of worst run franchise in sports.

Perfect comparison.  Sadly perfect.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I feel bad for him, too.  Any manager who can't control in-game moves can't be happy.  But he's putting up with it.

This is all about the Wilpons.  Until the team is sold, this is just how it's going to be.

What's surprising to me is that some of the players seem to have Mickey's back. I've seen Noah stick up for him twice this year, DeGrom was pretty much a good soldier after the D'backs incident and now Vargas goes after the reporter. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

What's surprising to me is that some of the players seem to have Mickey's back. I've seen Noah stick up for him twice this year, DeGrom was pretty much a good soldier after the D'backs incident and now Vargas goes after the reporter. 

I think they know he's getting dicked by the Wilpons and BVW.  They have to know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

As far as Noah is concerned...it depends on what day of the week it is.

30 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

As far as Noah is concerned...it depends on what day of the week it is.

Yeah, he's become quite the big-mouthed diva.  He'll be traded.

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I actually woke up this morning feeling awful for Mickey.  I thought his tantrum might have actually gotten him some respect but it looks like it’s made things worse.  Between what looked like a forced apology and everyone from Terry Collins chiming in to criticize.

Yes as a manager his decision making is all fair game for criticism.  However I’ve always looked at him as a decent guy who earned the right to have one tantrum like that and get the benefit of the doubt.

I say just do him a favor at this point fire him

while preserving his dignity.  Put him out of his misery.  

I could give a hoot about this drama crap....

Who put us in the position to have to start a tosser like Lockett??I

Instead of getting a steady 6th...that young goofball zeroed in on Lowrie because he though McNeil wasn't big club ready.