Mets fans?

Another Fan

On 6/27/2019 at 10:14 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Wheeler or Frazier.

Frazier would be strictly for cash considerations and that infamous "nobody to be named later." Vargas, too. Wheeler could get us a bit more, but not much. All three are rentals.

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Frazier would be strictly for cash considerations and that infamous "nobody to be named later." Vargas, too. Wheeler could get us a bit more, but not much. All three are rentals.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hechevaria got moved. And selling high on Dom Smith probably makes sense. But unless they're ready to move on from Thor or maybe Conforto I don't think they're bringing back very much in a trade.

Not trying to be funny but the local Dick's Sporting Goods had all Mets apparel 1/2 off.  

13 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

This is probably the darkest of places I’ve been in as Mets fan since “06-08”, I was born in 85 unfortunately can’t even fall back on that squad. 

I'm in my 30's and two seasons come to mind that rival this:

End of 2004- The veterans on that club pretty much all gave up on Art Howe.  The inmates were running the asylum then.  It got leaked Howe was being fired before the season was ending.  I had to listen to him breakdown on the Mike & Maddog show and hang up.  That was rough.

2009-  A seriously injury plagued and underachieving year.  Had to endure a Phillies/Yankees World Series as well.  I'm sort of the rare Mets fan that really has nothing against Philly but what made it worse that year was Pedro Martinez joining their club in a pathetic attempt to get a ring.  

What makes this SCARIER though is VW is under a 4 year contract.  At least per Mike Francesa.  God knows what more damage he can create.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Not trying to be funny but the local Dick's Sporting Goods had all Mets apparel 1/2 off.  

I'm in my 30's and two seasons come to mind that rival this:

End of 2004- The veterans on that club pretty much all gave up on Art Howe.  The inmates were running the asylum then.  It got leaked Howe was being fired before the season was ending.  I had to listen to him breakdown on the Mike & Maddog show and hang up.  That was rough.

2009-  A seriously injury plagued and underachieving year.  Had to endure a Phillies/Yankees World Series as well.  I'm sort of the rare Mets fan that really has nothing against Philly but what made it worse that year was Pedro Martinez joining their club in a pathetic attempt to get a ring.  

What makes this SCARIER though is VW is under a 4 year contract.  At least per Mike Francesa.  God knows what more damage he can create.  

Yeah, I'm 33 and just because this one is so recent makes it the worst. I have friends(phillies and yankees fans) telling me I shouldn't be upset or so negative because they made the WS back in '15. They keep forgetting that we traded 2 top 50 MLB prospects to obtain Cano (4 more years of that corpse blocking McNeil from playing 2nd) and Diaz. The trade was really for Diaz but still we threw in Bruce, Swarzak, and Bautista as well. Swarzak is having a solid year with the Braves and would've helped tremendously right now. Bruce is showing that he can hit the long ball again. You don't trade for a closer if you're not going all in and committing to it. Plus, the failure to evaluate the talent on the roster IE McNeil and Alonso. 

My on going issue with BVW is that there was options, better options to fill the holes on this roster yet he decided to acquire his former clients. Ottavino instead of Familia, McNeil rather than Cano, Kimbrel instead of Diaz, and that's without giving up any prospects in the process. Sigh, I just hate how they're out of it already and its not even July yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just because Mick lost faith in his club doesn't mean we are selling off talent.You don't rebuild after giving your ace a massive contract...just my two cents worth.

I can see Dom getting moved for pen help...Frazier is tight with Mick..Mick goes and so will Frazier..but as G.Goat stated..I would expect next to nothing for him.

These are bad days..but let's stay positive,lots of baseball left to play.

Edited by Misterbluesky

SPAM ALERT:

Ritz Vinegar crisp&thins.

Perfect for a  semi heavyweight during a baseball game...and they taste great.less calories/fat than potato chips.

AND...much tastier than fingernails during these tough days...I only have one bleeding finger ???

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Apparently the Mets paid tribute to players from the 1969 who have passed away and somehow managed to include two players who are still alive.

Reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I'm not dead yet!"

https://nypost.com/2019/06/30/mets-have-apologized-to-one-of-the-players-they-accidentally-had-dead/

You'd think someone would have googled it be sure.

Not good again man.  Down 5-3 as I write this.  I might night be able to stomach watching/following the Yankee games.  It'd make me physically ill to watch the bullpen meltdown against the Yanks.  

On 6/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Apparently the Mets paid tribute to players from the 1969 who have passed away and somehow managed to include two players who are still alive.

Reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I'm not dead yet!"

https://nypost.com/2019/06/30/mets-have-apologized-to-one-of-the-players-they-accidentally-had-dead/

Unfuggin real.  Only the Mess.  This franchise is an embarrassment at every turn.