Mets fans?

Another Fan

I had to work today and they were down 5-2 when I left.  Showed some grit coming back unfortunately couldn't get the W.  

I didn't see Wheeler today but I'm guessing he didn't have his best stuff day?  Last year his performance in the second half of the year was the highlight of it for me.  Looked like he turned a corner and was finally getting it together.  Aaah maybe he's just rusty 

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I had to work today and they were down 5-2 when I left.  Showed some grit coming back unfortunately couldn't get the W.  

I didn't see Wheeler today but I'm guessing he didn't have his best stuff day?  Last year his performance in the second half of the year was the highlight of it for me.  Looked like he turned a corner and was finally getting it together.  Aaah maybe he's just rusty 

Wheeler is back to his old way again,just like he was in Florida and the first half of last year.He's over thinking his pitches instead of just throwing.He lacks confidence..it's mental with him.

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Good news.

I also heard they did a brain scan on Mickey and found nothing.

On a more serious note, I'd like to know if/why Familia wasn't available to close out tonight.

Why did Diaz pitch Monday night? Even with this nice start,Riggleman might have to start opening up his mouth like Disarcina did last year....

DeGrom tearing it up!  Can hit too

Similar to Doc in 85 and Harvey to some extent in 13 it feels like an event whenever he takes the mound.  I just hope he doesn’t have the drug issues of Doc or turn into a total d-bag (Harvey).  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

DeGrom tearing it up!  Can hit too

Similar to Doc in 85 and Harvey to some extent in 13 it feels like an event whenever he takes the mound.  I just hope he doesn’t have the drug issues of Doc or turn into a total d-bag (Harvey).  

Doc was single and in his early 20s on a team of hideous "role models." Harvey was (and remains) a ***** selfish prima donna *****, who got bad advice from his equally ***** selfish prima donna ***** agent.

deGrom is 30, married and has two little ones. I know that doesn't guarantee he won't dabble, but he has a helluva lot of incentive not to! He seems to have his head screwed on right.

(Man, what Doc could have become...)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

They were a tired group today,at least Noah was lucky enough to hop a early flight out of Sofla. Tough to swing a bat on 4 or 5 hours of sleep...last night's game should have been in the afternoon or today's opener held tomorrow instead of today. The schedule makers got us good..oh well.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

They were a tired group today,at least Noah was lucky enough to hop a early flight out of Sofla. Tough to swing a bat on 4 or 5 hours of sleep...last night's game should have been in the afternoon or today's opener held tomorrow instead of today. The schedule makers got us good..oh well.

In small part due to Dom Smiths's either shy or dry bladder: 

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-sports-dominic-smith-drug-test-delays-flights-20190404-ukcjpablnzboti6l3vmyuizv5i-story.html

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

how they looking so far?

just watching Yankees games as work has cut into my TV enjoyment time immensely...

Well nobody's been asking when Yoenis will come back so that's a good sign.

The biggest positives for me are Pete Alonso's strong start, DeGrom picking up where he left off and the bullpen going from bad to good. Based on the first week there's no reason to think this team can't compete all year.  A big concern is the back end of the rotation. Take away Wheelers second half last year and there's more concern than there is confidence in Wheeler, Matz and Vargas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just going to touch on this whole Dykstra/Darling controversy.  Lenny was a great player and it saddens me to some extent players today don't have that same kind of passion for the game.  Having said that he's proved time and time again he's not a good person and that's putting it very nicely.  Now having said that about Lenny I really question why Darling is mentioning stuff that happened over 30 years ago now.  Well to sell books...

I mean there's plenty of stuff I said over 10 plus years ago that if got brought up now I'd be embarrassed by.  I move on though and don't linger over the past...

In terms of just this content Lenny was bothering Oil Can Boyd....  its competitive battle.  I mean not really my way to harass someone but in Lenny's case he hit a HR off him that night.  He was probably just playing mind games with him to throw him off his game.  Shouldn't be looked as more than that.  Well at least to me. 

So ultimately while I dislike Dykstra the person, I'd take his side in this