Mets fans?

Another Fan

Absolutely LOVE the chin music by Rhame.  These dirty bastards have been hitting the hands of our batters non-stop.  It's about time we retaliate a little.  Looking forward to a fight tomorrow and I hope Harper gets his ***** bell rung by Alonso.

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely LOVE the chin music by Rhame.  These dirty bastards have been hitting the hands of our batters non-stop.  It's about time we retaliate a little.  Looking forward to a fight tomorrow and I hope Harper gets his ***** bell rung by Alonso.

Honestly I only watched some of Monday night’s game and caught some of last nights on the radio driving home.  I take it tough it must be bad if you’re hoping to see fights?  You sort of always struck me as not a fan of that stuff

Anyway though I have a feeling the Phillies/Mets rivalry is heating up again

17 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Honestly I only watched some of Monday night’s game and caught some of last nights on the radio driving home.  I take it tough it must be bad if you’re hoping to see fights?  You sort of always struck me as not a fan of that stuff

Anyway though I have a feeling the Phillies/Mets rivalry is heating up again

I'm actually a big fan of a well-timed fight.  More than one/year would be a lot for my liking.  I was a big Terry Collins fan, but one of my biggest knocks against him was his absolute refusal to retaliate.

I'm only in favor of it when it's in response to an egregiously dirty play against the Mets.  For instance - that piece of *****, Chase Utley breaking Ruben Tejada's leg.

In the first two games of this current series with Philly, at least three (and I think four) of our hitters were hit on the hands.  I love the inside-pitch/get a guy off the plate pitches.  It's a big part of pitching strategy.  But it was clear what the Phillies were doing by going after the hands of these guys.

I think this is early in the season for a fight, but if these guys are going to play dirty, I think the Mets need to send a message that says, "we won't throw the first punch, but if you punch us in the face, you better be ready to eat some teeth of your own."

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

You don't want to put Alonso in that position,with our luck he would end up with a fractured hand ,etc.Let the L0B queen (Cano) toss and bust something up,giving my boy McNeil full time at second.

Get ready to watch Frazier go 0-4 tonight...if he plays.

Mickey "nuthouse" might give him the night off to let him keep enjoying his blast he hit last night.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You don't want to put Alonso in that position,with our luck he would end up with a fractured hand ,etc.Let the L0B queen (Cano) toss and bust something up,giving my boy McNeil full time at second.

Get ready to watch Frazier go 0-4 tonight...if he plays.

Mickey "nuthouse" might give him the night off to let him keep enjoying his blast he hit last night.

When Alonso got hit the other night it looked like the catcher was ready to intercede and Alonso patted him on the chest, like 'no problem bro'.

At the time the bases were loaded with two out and McNeil had been hit to load the bases. 

Nice to see Alonso had situational awareness. I would seriously doubt either was hit intentionally. I thought that was pretty cool.

A little off topic but just because I'm an overly nostalgic guy in his 30s I'll go this route.  Kobra Kai 2 is now on YouTube.  Pretty sure Ralph Macchio is a Mets fan him being from Long Island.    In the first season in his office there was Mets stuff then he threw out the first pitch last year

Good discussion above though about Mickey.  See how tonight goes

On 4/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, Another Fan said:

Idk know if worried is the right word but now starting to get a wee bit concerned about DeGrom.  Something just doesn’t seem right there 

I think he's hurt.  

Syndergaard worries me a little more.  My feeling is that his problem is his ego.  A couple times during the offseason he spouted off like a spoiled Hollywood star.  I hope whatever it is that's making him pitch like crap is easily corrected.

Familia should be cut before I'm done writing this post.  He's toast.  Done.

Same with d'Arnaud.  The dude is a bust.  He's been a bust since day one and he'll always be a bust.  Dump him for Christ's sakes.  Alderson is gone; no one owes Travis crap (other than money).  He's a bad catcher who can't hit or stay healthy.  Be gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Great win today.  Matz gave up the tying 2-run homer to tie it going into the 7th.  His teammates had his back and got him the win.  Great team baseball.

Was a nice win.  I always love watching Sunday afternoon games.  Something that feels old school about it.

The next month or two should be interesting. If the team stays status quo at around .500 VW seems like the type that would want to be proactive.  Or at least talks a tough game when it comes to that.  Perhaps we’ll see if the Wilpons influence is still as strong with the new administration 

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Was a nice win.  I always love watching Sunday afternoon games.  Something that feels old school about it.

The next month or two should be interesting. If the team stays status quo at around .500 VW seems like the type that would want to be proactive.  Or at least talks a tough game when it comes to that.  Perhaps we’ll see if the Wilpons influence is still as strong with the new administration 

I hope Brodie gets Kimbrel and shows Familia the door.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

For the second time this season our old friend Yoenis stopped by during BP to say hello. Nothing new on a timetable for his return,  but he did play catch. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-mets-yoenis-cespedes-injury-plays-catch-20190430-2qjle47po5h4hm6lsqzejngdem-story.html

Speaking of the good old days of 2015-2016 the Mets didn’t lose a single game to the Reds those 2 years.  Even had the clincher win there in 15’.

They fought back but tonight was another reminder time changed 

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm not a fan of sugar coating or pampering so I will straight up say if toddfather goes hitless again tonight at 5...demote him to 7.

My hope is to trade him whenever Collins wants to challenge the ways of Mick and the wet behind the ears guy.

Not picking on ya blue, but the baseball Gods felt otherwise with Frazier hitting the go ahead HR.

Meanwhile @Gugny might be having a conniption with Familia pitching a scoreless 8th (with help from Votto) and asked to come out for the 9th (I'm nervous)

EDIT: nervousness well founded.  But this one is squarely on Callaway. He got played. Reds refused to put in a left handed PH and suckered Callaway into sticking with Familia. Familia should've been gone after the four pitch walk, let alone the next three at bats.

EDIT part 2: All's well that ends well?  Callaway is a train wreck, I'm not sure what he does well as a manager. if you come up with something please let me know.

EDIT part 3: just saw a post game quote from Callaway: "I saw guy a guy who was lights out for 5 outs". Me too. I wonder what he saw after that. 

Edited by SinceThe70s

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not picking on ya blue, but the baseball Gods felt otherwise with Frazier hitting the go ahead HR.

Meanwhile @Gugny might be having a conniption with Familia pitching a scoreless 8th (with help from Votto) and asked to come out for the 9th (I'm nervous)

EDIT: nervousness well founded.  But this one is squarely on Callaway. He got played. Reds refused to put in a left handed PH and suckered Callaway into sticking with Familia. Familia should've been gone after the four pitch walk, let alone the next three at bats.

EDIT part 2: All's well that ends well?  Callaway is a train wreck, I'm not sure what he does well as a manager. if you come up with something please let me know.

EDIT part 3: just saw a post game quote from Callaway: "I saw guy a guy who was lights out for 5 outs". Me too. I wonder what he saw after that. 

I was actually fine with Callaway leaving Familia in.  That was his plan.  Familia should know how to close out a ***** game.  And his stuff actually looked good until he melted down.

That said, I still want him gone.  One mistake Brodie made was signing him for 3 years/30 million.  He's a ***** bum.

On a good note.  Goddamn, I love our young guys (Davis, MacNeil, Alonso, Rosario).  This division is up for grabs.  Get Kimbrel and let him be the setup guy.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was actually fine with Callaway leaving Familia in.  That was his plan.  Familia should know how to close out a ***** game.  And his stuff actually looked good until he melted down.

That said, I still want him gone.  One mistake Brodie made was signing him for 3 years/30 million.  He's a ***** bum.

On a good note.  Goddamn, I love our young guys (Davis, MacNeil, Alonso, Rosario).  This division is up for grabs.  Get Kimbrel and let him be the setup guy.

Why would you be fine with leaving Familia in given your previous comment about the need to show Familia the door?  Please read on before respoding :)

If Familia's stuff looked good until he melted down and the melt down lasted 4 batters (after getting 5 late inning outs) how on earth do you give Callaway a pass?

This was on Callaway 150%. 

For the record: I love hearing dissenting opinions and debating

5 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Why would you be fine with leaving Familia in given your previous comment about the need to show Familia the door?  Please read on before respoding :)

If Familia's stuff looked good until he melted down and the melt down lasted 4 batters (after getting 5 late inning outs) how on earth do you give Callaway a pass?

This was on Callaway 150%. 

For the record: I love hearing dissenting opinions and debating

I was okay leaving him in for a couple reasons:

1.  There were two outs and a two-run lead.  The way he got the two quick outs in the 9th, all I kept thinking was, "okay, he'll get the next one."

2.  I was fine losing the game.  He knew he was being asked to make a 6-out save.  I was actually saying, "leave him in there - this is his job," to the TV.

Callaway didn't manage the game like it was Game 7 of the NLCS and I'm okay with it.  Familia is being paid handsomely to do a job.  Last night, Callaway gave him a job to do and let him work until he ultimately failed.